Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Radsail -pro 4?
bigsteve

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 02:27 PM
Radsail -pro 4?

Hey guys i was jsut looking artound and see that these radsails are in my budgest right now, and they dont looke have bad.. is this a kite worth getting?
jimmy

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 04:02 PM

For a beginners kite they are very well worth the money. Especially for something like learning kite control or even for starting off buggying. But here again, for a bigger person to be jumping with, you will need either a bigger kite or some pretty stiff winds. Have you happen to see the 2 blade I's for sale. I'm not familiar with the differences between the blade I, !!'s or III's, but it's always been my understanding that they have a rep for being very lifty and ton's of power... not exactly for the faint of heart... smile I still have a radsail 5m pro that I use to teach newbies. You are still more than welcome to get in touch with me if you are ever in the area
bigsteve

[*] posted on 4-14-2005 at 06:19 PM

I appreciate the offer but I just dont think im gonan be able to get down there anytime soon with school and all.. Thanks tho.

Your talking about the blades i nthe for sale forum? I think I replied to him but he hasnt gotten back, its been a couple days... looks like it was an older post so he might not know im trying to get them
glynitboy

Mood: RadSail ProII 4M

[*] posted on 4-18-2005 at 02:15 PM

I have just picked up a PRO II 4M RadSail... I upgraded from a 3M RadSail. I have found the control to be so much better then my old RadSail. You can pretty much place it anywhere within the window and hold it there. Also the power is amazing but easy to control unless its blowing really hard. I got a nice 9 foot jump on Sunday out of mine! Also use it for kite boarding which its very good for.

Im no expert and have only been messing with kites for just over a year but this kite rocks, for the money you cant go wrong. Plus 4M is ideal for most winds... anything bigger and you are limited to when you can fly it.

My friend has a PKD 4M and this is so much better to fly.....

I say go for it dude... cheap as chips....
vectrasri99

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 07:41 AM

I've just got a Radsail 4m Pro II and have to say its really great apart from!

First flight was on a calm'ish day and once up I managed to get some power turns (kite long ways up) and get dragged along the grassy field. This was great but a bit more winded would have helped.

Yesturday (second flight) was windy and I got lifed 5ft off the ground and around 20ft long (this was what my wife witnessed, to me I went the length of a football pitch and the height of a house). I could only just hold on (I weight 15st and have done weights for over 10 years) so I braked it to the ground and gave up. Tried again and I just could not stay on the ground also I found that the kite would go vertically above me, is this correct or should I shorten the brake lines?

These kites do appear to be powerfull for the money but danagerious to me.

M

This above was done with the kite in landscape mode so if I had turned 90deg and given it some pull I may have ended up in France.
vectrasri99

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 01:57 AM

Had ago last night and was successful @ staying on the ground.

It was windy with the grass and low bushes etc. blowing and I really had a good time. I managed to do wing to ground clipping etc.

I'm alot happier about it now and think the kite is excellent.

It is amazing how many people stop and look.

Great fun can't wait until later.

Do most of you guys and girls when packing up wrap the lines around the handles ie. leaving all connections on from kite to handles?

M
gilligan

Mood: Cynical optimism

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 09:51 AM

If I saw you rocketing down the field in mid-air, I'd stop and look too!:yes:
gilligan

Mood: Cynical optimism

[*] posted on 6-7-2005 at 09:59 AM

Vectra-

It's always a good idea to leave the kite attached to the lines... minimizing horrible bridle tangles. But there are lot's of options.

I 'parapacS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-. There is an excellent tutorial at www.racekites.com in their 'how-to' section. It looks haphazard at first(well, because it is!), but it works for me.

Others use a figure 8 around the handles; Doomwheels has posted an outstanding thread about his method in here somewhere. I like the para method because I can hook the handles, walk downwind with the kite, shake it out and be flying in the time it takes me to get back.

My advice is to do a little research and try several different methods... one of them will feel right to you.
vectrasri99

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 07:50 AM

Cheers Gilligan.

Have just tried a new one packing it up, will try tonight setting it up, should work as all cables connect and be quick.

M ;)
CHANNIN75

Mood: MOODY ME NEVER LOL

[*] posted on 6-9-2005 at 10:27 AM

well from my own experience i have an imp and beamer but i love my radsail......wouldnt trade it for anything.......Happy Flying........:singing:

Shannon :)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio