Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: new and in needed of some advice please!
chimpy

question.gif posted on 1-11-2005 at 11:25 AM
new and in needed of some advice please!

hi, sorry to ask what could be a stupid question but here goes.....

.. I have a felxifoil pro team 8, I have had this for a few months and are thinking about another to stack... I also want to get into buggys.. the question is, is a pro team 8 up to the job of buggys? can i run a stack in a buggy? or should I keep my original kite and get a new/different one for my buggy???

.. oh I missed one... any recomendations on a cheap starter buggy for soft use, on both sand and grass would be handy.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, sorry for the hundred questions! !

Dan
kiteguy

Mood: kinda horny

wink.gif posted on 1-12-2005 at 10:55 PM

stacks are just fine for buggying. usually when the wind is higher i fly a stack of stunt kites. alot of times i prefer to fly them because i can get them in and out of the power faster.
bondcw

Mood: Waitin' for wind

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 03:25 AM

Okay...where to start...

I have a stack of 2x ProTeam8 and 2x Super10s tho I've never had them all up together:o
Theses are fine for high winds but if you wany to Buggy you are probably better getting a 4-line Kite. As your first 4-line kite a 3-4m is probably a good start as long as you fly in low winds <10mph to start with. I started with a HQ Beamer 3.6 tho other kites are the PKD Buster 3 or 4m or for a bit more cash, but better all round kite, the Flexi Bullet 3.5:D
You will need to get used to flying the kite on your feet before buggying but this shouldn't take too long if you are comfortable with the Proteam.

Hope this helps...

BTW where do you fly in Dorset and do you ever make the trip to Weston? If you want to meet up and fly let me know...
chimpy

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 10:50 AM

hi and thanks for the reply,

I may take you up on that offer as the experance and may come in very usfull, its a treck so would have to plan carfully.

Ive only had my pro team a few months and havent ventured into strong winds yet but im getting there!

I think I may look out for a bullet 3.5 tho as lots of people seem to rate them highly.

How much difference is a 4 line to a 2 flying wise? Am i correct in saying that the back to are 'brake' lines??

look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
kchunks

Mood: If I complained I would be out of line.

[*] posted on 1-14-2005 at 08:37 AM

The two lines that attach to the bottom of the foil are brake lines. I would also recommend going for the 4 line kite and get used to it before you jump in the buggy.
chimpy

[*] posted on 1-16-2005 at 02:35 PM

Thanks for your advice....

kite update....

I have got myself a bullet 3.5 ready to get used to it before the buggy comes along. I also managed to get a stacker 6 so my lady can join in!! (and also stacking protental with my pro 8 ;-) and also found a second hand super 10 to compleat the flexifoil line up! ! ! !

Now cant wait to have my eyes opened and arms pulled off.

:smilegrin:
bondcw

Mood: Waitin' for wind

[*] posted on 1-18-2005 at 04:35 PM

Enjoy the bullet! I fly with a young lass who has the 2.5 and am trying to arrange a day with a work colleague who has a 1.5 and 4.5:o they are very nice to learn with as they stay in the air well and turn very smoothly compared to the cheaper kites.
chimpy

[*] posted on 2-8-2005 at 05:47 PM

woohoo!

I flew my 3.5 bullet in winds that I wouldnt of got out of bed for normaly and boy am i glad I tested it in such low winds, there was enough for me to manover it where and when I wanted to and to feel comfortable, any larger winds and I wouldnt of got to grips with the bars (coming from power kits 6,8and 10 flexifoils) cant wait for a wee bit more (but not a lot!) wind to feel more of its power.... must go look for a buggy now!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio