Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HQ NEO review
thekiteguy

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 05:04 PM
HQ NEO review

Every time a new kite comes out you expect some innovation and technical advances. The HQ NEO has been talked about in whispers for the last year but now its on the beach and you simply have to go try one. I have the chance to test many new kites every year both foils and LEIs so I insist that each kite is tested for use on land with a kite buggy and landboard and then for water use if appropriate. The HQ NEO is the first kite I have used that goes from land to water with no reservations or special concerns. Finally a crossover kite that delivers. Technically this is a closed cell foil kite that uses inflation vents on the leading edge with one way valves so upon launch the kite self inflates. This feature worked flawlessly on both land and in the water. It worked both in flat water and in the ocean without fail. Like any foil a speedy relaunch is recommended but water relaunch with this kite is much better than any flysurfer or peter lynn I have used. In the water the kite has a very familiar feel if you have flown the current generation of bow or C kites in terms of both launch and relaunch. The turning speed of the kite is amazing and can get you out of trouble if you need it as well as save you on those really low wind days when nothing else will fly. Overall the kite had a very solid stable feel with no backsliding or fatal stalls that haunt many of the crossover kites.It does with while maintaining good pop and hangtime when you want it. Since I was able to fly the kite for a week in variable wind conditions on both the ocean and the sound I thought I would find a weakness but this kite simply performs. It proved itself both on glassy low wind flat water and pounding overhead ocean waves with big wind and huge gusts. The water repellant skin and double stitched seams held up well to being pounded. The internal drainage and dirt outs did their job when needed and I was able to refly the kite 10 min after I blew a trick and dropped it into a big wave that ate it and filled it with sand and water at the shore break. I was able to fly in low wind conditions when I was the only kite still out on the water. Ok so we now know the kite flys and relaunches like a dream , that’s still not the best part. For the first time I can show up alone at any location self launch my kite safely, ride for hours then land the kite anywhere I need to. With assistance I was able to launch off some piers and breakwaters I have previously been unable to fly. This kite will double the number of locations you can fly from due to its ease of launch and landing and the fact there is nothing to pop. Setup is so simple and quick its hard to believe. All theses characteristics hold true on both land and water because this is also a great kite for use with a kitebuggy or landboard. The 8M worked great in terms of controllable power and great pop with the landboard along with easy relaunch. With the kite buggy I was amazed how smooth the power curve was and how stable the kite was during transitions. I can’t wait to try this kite on the snow. This kite many ways to self launch and land and a fail safe safety system that brings the kite down under control and in a smooth controllable manner with out all the flapping and spinning associated with many companies flagging systems. Technically the 8M is a 18.2 flat span,3.82 AR with 18 cells and a wind range of 8-27 mph. The 11M is a 21.8 flat span 4.03 AR with 22 cells and a 4-25mph wind range. Yes you read that right the AR sizes are adjusted for the different size kites. The 11M uses 82ft 1500/600# lines while the 8M uses 72ft 1500/600#. Final word, get out and try this kite. You will be amazed by its performance and once you learn to trust how easy and safe the launch and relaunch are you will find yourself kiting places you never thought you could kite due to LEI unfriendly launch and landing areas. I can pack both the 11M and the 8M in one bag and have a very compact lightweight quiver that can power me on land,snow or water wherever the wind is blowing. This kite will definitely be in my personal quiver. For more info on this kite check out www.powerkites.de for all the manufactures info.

Craig Young
PASA Instructor
thekiteguy@yahoo.com
myspace/obxkiter
stetson05

Mood: wanted: wind please

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 11:47 PM

WOW!
Easy to get sucked into that. Sounds like a Great kite.

Now I just need to win the lotto so I can have every kite I want.

US40
HQ 1.4m which my 8 and 10 year old fly
Pansh Flux 2m, Legend 3m,
HQ Hydra 300 PZ depower, Neo 8m, 11m
Flysurfer S3 Deluxe 19m, S2 15m
Flexboardz Haize
Radbuggy
SIMS snowboard
Crazy Fly 145
clintopher

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 02:03 AM

Sounds like a good review. Easier relaunch than a Pulse 2 8???? That I've gotta see. I think there's an HQ demo around me in the near future. Hopefully I'll be in town long enough to try it out.

Clint

Flysurfer Speed 2 15m
Wainman Boss
Wainman Smoke
HQ Rush 250
Flysurfer Flyradical L
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 06:11 AM

What Flysurfer have you used ???

Relaunch better than a Pulse2 I am septic a bit, as I find this kite even relaunch better than a LEI.

f0rgiv3n

Mood: Throw caution to the wind.

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 08:16 AM

Say helloo to my next KITE! :o:o:singing::o:o

Kites:PL Hornet 2.0m, 15m Synergy
Dakine Pyro Harness
Rides: MBS Comp 16 Pro, Sector9 Longboard, Forum Snowboard
And always a helmet
My Kiting Blog
domdino

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 08:45 AM

A little bit pimpy there, thekiteguy, this kite is 100% perfect? A little nonconstructive but I'm still very very excited to try one of these kites!

f0rgiv3n

Mood: Throw caution to the wind.

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 09:05 AM

So looking at the prices on this price...:
http://extremekiteshop.com/kites/hq-neo-p-1001.html

The 11M is $1200+ usd! O.O As much as a flysurfer!! I guess it shouldn't be a surprise because both flysurfer and the neo can be used for all 3 land/water/snow but daaaang :P

Kites:PL Hornet 2.0m, 15m Synergy
Dakine Pyro Harness
Rides: MBS Comp 16 Pro, Sector9 Longboard, Forum Snowboard
And always a helmet
My Kiting Blog
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 06:46 AM

The kite guy has posted the same exact review as his first post on foilzone. No mattter this has been taken as a pimp pushing his kites.

We'll see the real reviews form real riders soon.

In the meantime, I am not saying Neo is not a good kite, I might even get one, as my good friend resells HQ, but I doubt this will be Flysurfer standards. I will test the 11m soon for sure.

For Neo 11m = 1100$
and Pulse2 10m = 1100$ now on ebay

Flysurfer all the way, unless I am well surprised by Neo.

kiteNH

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 07:07 AM

I can't even attempt to read that review. Makes me dizzy. Paragraphs are a wonderful thing.

Looks like a definite pimpidy pimp pimp anyhow. Since we don't have a pimp emoticon (we should.....with a purple velvet tophat) I think we should make this the official sign of the pimp........:piggy:

domdino

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 07:42 AM

:D

_pimp__by_radicus_wolf.gif - 9kB

DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 07:42 AM

I think is good to have pimps on forums, but they should identify themselves as such, and not take us for dumb.

If you promote your stuff, just tell us without saying it's better than everything else, because there is no such thing as 1 kite better than all others.

There are too many kiters with different needs, and kites with different flying characteristics so 1 kite is good for me but another 1 is better for another.

:piggy: for bad pimps
:karate: for good pimps

kiteNH

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by buzz
I think is good to have pimps on forums, but they should identify themselves as such, and not take us for dumb.

If you promote your stuff, just tell us without saying it's better than everything else, because there is no such thing as 1 kite better than all others.

There are too many kiters with different needs, and kites with different flying characteristics so 1 kite is good for me but another 1 is better for another.

:piggy: for bad pimps
:karate: for good pimps

Good call. Didn't mean to start a hijack! By the way, I love that pimp symbol Dom. We ought to get that one added to the PKF for sure.

burritobandit

[*] posted on 9-4-2008 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kiteNH
I can't even attempt to read that review. Makes me dizzy. Paragraphs are a wonderful thing.

Indeed. Kiteguy, can you edit the post for easier reading? :thumbup:

Kites:
2012 TS 7,9,12/2007 Waroo 3,5/2009 Kahoona 9.5
Flexifoil Ion 2 8.5
HQ Hydra 350
Naish Helix 2, Cult 3,4.5
Ozone Zephyr 17m
Rides:
2011 Best Profanity 134, Cabrinha Kiteskate, Cabrinha Nugget, 2k9 Cabrinha Plasma 146x50, 2k9 Flexifoil Delta 139x41.5, 2011 Slingshot Darko 135x41, Slingshot Scud, Tona wakeskate, Flexifoil Flexdeck, MBS Pro 90, MBS Ambush x 2, some oldskool buggy
_thephantom_

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 03:11 AM

posted on POWER KITE FORUM 9-3-2008 at 12:04 PM by Craig Young as the kiteguy
Quote:
Originally posted by thekiteguy
Every time a new kite comes out you expect some innovation and technical advances. The HQ NEO has been talked about in whispers for the last year but now its on the beach and you simply have to go try one. I have the chance to test many new kites every year both foils and LEIs so I insist that each kite is tested for use on land with a kite buggy and landboard and then for water use if appropriate. The HQ NEO is the first kite I have used that goes from land to water with no reservations or special concerns. Finally a crossover kite that delivers. Technically this is a closed cell foil kite that uses inflation vents on the leading edge with one way valves so upon launch the kite self inflates. This feature worked flawlessly on both land and in the water. It worked both in flat water and in the ocean without fail. Like any foil a speedy relaunch is recommended but water relaunch with this kite is much better than any flysurfer or peter lynn I have used. In the water the kite has a very familiar feel if you have flown the current generation of bow or C kites in terms of both launch and relaunch. The turning speed of the kite is amazing and can get you out of trouble if you need it as well as save you on those really low wind days when nothing else will fly. Overall the kite had a very solid stable feel with no backsliding or fatal stalls that haunt many of the crossover kites.It does with while maintaining good pop and hangtime when you want it. Since I was able to fly the kite for a week in variable wind conditions on both the ocean and the sound I thought I would find a weakness but this kite simply performs. It proved itself both on glassy low wind flat water and pounding overhead ocean waves with big wind and huge gusts. The water repellant skin and double stitched seams held up well to being pounded. The internal drainage and dirt outs did their job when needed and I was able to refly the kite 10 min after I blew a trick and dropped it into a big wave that ate it and filled it with sand and water at the shore break. I was able to fly in low wind conditions when I was the only kite still out on the water. Ok so we now know the kite flys and relaunches like a dream , that’s still not the best part. For the first time I can show up alone at any location self launch my kite safely, ride for hours then land the kite anywhere I need to. With assistance I was able to launch off some piers and breakwaters I have previously been unable to fly. This kite will double the number of locations you can fly from due to its ease of launch and landing and the fact there is nothing to pop. Setup is so simple and quick its hard to believe. All theses characteristics hold true on both land and water because this is also a great kite for use with a kitebuggy or landboard. The 8M worked great in terms of controllable power and great pop with the landboard along with easy relaunch. With the kite buggy I was amazed how smooth the power curve was and how stable the kite was during transitions. I can’t wait to try this kite on the snow. This kite many ways to self launch and land and a fail safe safety system that brings the kite down under control and in a smooth controllable manner with out all the flapping and spinning associated with many companies flagging systems. Technically the 8M is a 18.2 flat span,3.82 AR with 18 cells and a wind range of 8-27 mph. The 11M is a 21.8 flat span 4.03 AR with 22 cells and a 4-25mph wind range. Yes you read that right the AR sizes are adjusted for the different size kites. The 11M uses 82ft 1500/600# lines while the 8M uses 72ft 1500/600#. Final word, get out and try this kite. You will be amazed by its performance and once you learn to trust how easy and safe the launch and relaunch are you will find yourself kiting places you never thought you could kite due to LEI unfriendly launch and landing areas. I can pack both the 11M and the 8M in one bag and have a very compact lightweight quiver that can power me on land,snow or water wherever the wind is blowing. This kite will definitely be in my personal quiver. For more info on this kite check out www.powerkites.de for all the manufactures info.

Craig Young
PASA Instructor
thekiteguy@yahoo.com
myspace/obxkiter

posted on POWER KITE FORUM 8-22-2008 at 03:16 AM by Chris of HQUSA

Quote:
Originally posted by chris

The new Neo from HQ-Powerkites was introduced to the waters of North America for the first time yesterday. Pictures below are of HQ Team Rider Craig Young at Windmill Point in Nags Head, North Carolina with an 8 meter kite. Winds were from the east and reportedly blowing a gusty 10-20 mph, although Craig thinks it was mostly on the low end.

This kite will be on the Outer Banks for the next couple weeks before making its way down the coast and ending up at Surf Expo. Give me a buzz if you would like a sneak preview on OBX. The offical demo day will be September 3rd at Wildmill Point. More to come on that.

A comprehensive review of the Neo is forthcoming. The Neo is a depowerable closed cell ram-air foil. It offers smooth power acceceration, water relaunching, reverese launches and is much easier to self launch and land than an LEI style kite (Look ma, no pump!).

Pictures from the day below.

Cheers! ~ Chris

posted on POWER KITE FORUM 2-5-2010 at 10:14 AM by Craig Young as the HQKITER

Quote:
Originally posted by HQkiter
Prior to July of 2009 I did not work for HQ and was Kter Guy on the forum. When i started working for the company I changed it to HQkiter and have stated in several previous posts that I work for HQ. Am i supposed to take out a full page ad in the New York Times?I have listed my phone,name and email contacts several times

As i am still waiting for information on the mods being made to the NEO 1's , lets take a moment to review the shameful antics of HQ USA in the way they manipulated the forums to post glowing reviews of the NEO 1.

quote 1 being the review that heavily influenced myself [and many others] in the purchase sight unseen of a NEO., posted by Craig Young as the kiterguy. dated 9/3/2008

quote 2 from Chris of HQUSA in which he announces the arrival of the NEO and displays text and photos dated 8/22/08 in which Craig Young is the HQ Team Rider, alluding to a forthcoming review

quote 3 from Craig Young as HQKITER, claiming that he had no association with HQUSA prior to July 2009

The lessons here to new kite buyers is that all reviews and information used to make buying decisions, should only be viewed with a awareness that it is particularly easy to mislead consumers by the misuse of forums.

Oh yeah.......Any news of the mods yet please?
acampbell

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 06:44 AM

You act like a jerk on one hand and on the other hand wait for assistance and hand-outs? I don't get it. I have the mods done and will post on another thread when tested and tweaked.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
erratic winds

Mood: ATGATT! Armor up!

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 07:32 AM

I don't see anybody acting like a jerk....I do see someone who is pretty pissed off they were led on, lied to, purchased a kite based on a "unbiased" review that turned out to be a team pimping review, and is having a hard time getting their money's worth out of the kite.

C'mon angus, can't you tell the difference between an unsatisfied customer and a unneeded jerk?

Tide? What's a tide? Man, it's 1000 miles to any ocean.
acampbell

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 07:47 AM

He has made his point soooo many times already so there is no point in trash talking like that.

Funny part is that the modded Neo 1 will likely be more versatile that the Neo 2 with the safety both ways. Take off the 5th line for light wind buggy work and gain 2kts on the low end over the Neo 2

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 09:21 AM

I will point out that being a team rider is NOT the same as getting a check from a company every Friday. My son (Wexler) is an HQ teamrider, but we tell it like it is about kites. Wexler is restricted to flying HQ kites only, in exchange for other considerations. There is a big line in the sand drawn if a team rider becomes an employee of the company. That is a very different relationship. Also, the NEO was a huge addition to the product line. Team riders, dealers, and certainly company employees were thrilled with the performance of the kite and conveyed that at demos, and in the videos. I don't see what is wrong with that. It sounds like you have buyers remorse that you had the benefit of getting the 1st model out but yet want all the changes and improvements that came 2 years later in the subsequent model. You just can't get it both ways. I hope the mods help you end up with a kite you are happy with. The bashing just isn't part of the climate here. It happens but it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
highazakite

Mood: optimisticly waiting for \"good\" wind

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 10:27 AM

I have also read many of the phantoms rants/ "information" on his anger about buying his neo 1 only to see them fix the issues the next year. I partially agree with acambell that it now to the point of trash talk. I appreciate people telling it like it is instead of candy coating a turd but the phantom is just down right missing some major facts of life.
1st major point never ever buy the first edition of anything.
2nd If you do you are a beta tester!
There is almost no way any producer can find all flaws in a product. this is unfortunate, but a fact of life. If we forced companies to release only done fully polished products or be punished there would be no innovation due risk of failure. Even worse it would take years more before you could release a product and pay ungodly amounts money to test it, and of course would be passed along to the costumer.

I personally find people who buy first run of any product, and then cry the company/product is a pile are just plain stupid.

I own the neo2 and find all problems with safety have been fully addressed, if not over done. This to me shows hq listens to costumers problems and fixes them. If they where shameless as pointed out above they would have shipped version 2 the same way and done nothing.
END RANT.........

HQ Hydra 350
HQ Neo 11m
PL Venom 2 13m
GoProHD
stunt kites prism quantum and a smaller one
_thephantom_

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by erratic winds
.I do see someone who is pretty pissed off they were led on, lied to, purchased a kite based on a "unbiased" review that turned out to be a team pimping review, and is having a hard time getting their money's worth out of the kite.

C'mon angus, can't you tell the difference between an unsatisfied customer and a unneeded jerk?

well summarized...thanks
_thephantom_

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acampbell
You act like a jerk on one hand and on the other hand wait for assistance and hand-outs? I don't get it. I have the mods done and will post on another thread when tested and tweaked.

Im not waiting for anybody, i am stating my opinion in a public forum about an issue that to my mind has not been correctly addressed by the manufacturer / importer / distributor.

As you are well meaning, but hardly Neutral in the matter given that you derive a living from promoting and selling HQ Neo's in part, and that as a non bricks and mortar store, you are heavily reliant on this forum and the internet in general to promote your business to clients world wide. People such as myself still believe in ethics and given that the sport is [or was] in the high risk sports, it is imperative that manufactures and dealers act with absolute integrity.

I have no doubt that you are in this instance.

I appreciate the fact that having seen the deficiencies in the original Neo and no doubt sold quite a number to your customers, you are doing the right thing and doing something about it. Bravo.

Unfortunately you are in the very silent minority.

I am not in the pleasant position of having purchased from you, so I am less fortunate than others. My recourse is through the very same medium [this forum] to draw attention to the faults and by default improve the product. Hopefully HQ will get the message and take steps to improve the lot of those less fortunate than those who have purchased from your good self.

Hell, I was even going to place an order with you myself given your attitude previously displayed, but im going to pass as I dont particularly like to be called names :)
_thephantom_

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeamerBob
I will point out that being a team rider is NOT the same as getting a check from a company every Friday. My son (Wexler) is an HQ teamrider, but we tell it like it is about kites. Wexler is restricted to flying HQ kites only, in exchange for other considerations. There is a big line in the sand drawn if a team rider becomes an employee of the company. That is a very different relationship. Also, the NEO was a huge addition to the product line. Team riders, dealers, and certainly company employees were thrilled with the performance of the kite and conveyed that at demos, and in the videos. I don't see what is wrong with that. It sounds like you have buyers remorse that you had the benefit of getting the 1st model out but yet want all the changes and improvements that came 2 years later in the subsequent model. You just can't get it both ways. I hope the mods help you end up with a kite you are happy with. The bashing just isn't part of the climate here. It happens but it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Sorry, but no your wrong, Craig was a HQ team rider involved in the demonstration and product launch of the NEO.

He was also the author of similar posts on several forums in which he writes glowingly about the performance of the NEO and comments directly on areas in a extremely positive manner about characteristics of the NEO which subsequently proven to be false.

In these posts he portrays himself as an expert, involved in teaching, qualified and independent. Some of which is true and some of which is not.

Never the less I am sure this review amongst similar others prompted many, including myself to purchase sight unseen from a non bricks and mortar store and stupidly believe the rhetoric. [despite being involved in kiting since 2003 - first kite pshyco1 15.5 - so I know quite a lot about crap foils]

It because of people like me that we see the changes taking place in the NEO 2 and good on them for doing it. However , im fizzed up about the dishonest marketing practises and deception involved in this NEO debacle. Craig on this forum denied that he was ever involved with HQ prior to June 2009. Im sorry, but that needs to be taken to task.

I could not give a toss about the kite's [14 and 11], i have moved on, I do every year. Im currently flying North Rebel, will most probably purchase a charger 15 in the next couple of weeks.

There has not been a year go by without more depower, faster turning, easier launch/land blah blah blah so this is part of the territory.

buyers remorse, no.
consumer rights, yes.

If there is one thing I want - its for HQ to man up, post information on the web about upgrades and fixes and give people the choice. For me in particular, I can mod the kites and safely pass them on to a new owner.

Whats the jerk factor in that then?

oh and given the fact that your a sponsored team rider and have affiliation/links with HQ through close family associations, are You independent enough to be commenting? or are you just being seen to be doing the right thing?
_thephantom_

[*] posted on 3-28-2010 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by highazakite
the phantom is just down right missing some major facts of life.
1st major point never ever buy the first edition of anything.
2nd If you do you are a beta tester!
There is almost no way any producer can find all flaws in a product. this is unfortunate, but a fact of life. If we forced companies to release only done fully polished products or be punished there would be no innovation due risk of failure. Even worse it would take years more before you could release a product and pay ungodly amounts money to test it, and of course would be passed along to the costumer.

I personally find people who buy first run of any product, and then cry the company/product is a pile are just plain stupid.

I own the neo2 and find all problems with safety have been fully addressed, if not over done. This to me shows hq listens to costumers problems and fixes them. If they where shameless as pointed out above they would have shipped version 2 the same way and done nothing.
END RANT.........

Right, so if no one brought the first of anything there would never be a number 2 so i guess you are a happy parasite and the money i spent has really just fattened the pot of the manufacturer so as to allow you a cheaper better product. Now that is smart, why did i not I think of that.

And yes if im a beta tester then I should be offered a product upgrade path, would you not agree?

And given that you are new to kiting, it is a load of nonsense that in this day and age manufactures are to be given leniency to dump crap on the market in the interests of innovation and expediency.

Lets look at the NEO shall we. its basically a closed version of a montana, it shares much of the components, so in fact this should have been well sorted. Unfortunately, FLYSURFER have been perfecting this type of kite since early 2000's, so what we see in a NEO is basically Flysurfer 2003, with all there faults, combined with components designed to function on land only [hence total failure over time in water].

So we see in the NEO II updates that are now and have been for some time present in the FLYSURFER Range. Lesson here is if you want to buy a sorted foil buy a flysurfer, pay the money and be happy.

Having looked at your videos and read your adventures in kiting so far, i look forward to reading how things are going with you in the future.

From one stupid person to another :thumbup:
chrisintheuk

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 05:02 AM

@thephantom
Notwithstanding all the other comments people have made re your post, I feel very similar having bought a Mk 1 Neo11m in the UK (largely based on reviews including Craigs) a matter of a few weeks before HQ announced the new and improved Neo II. And I feel royally stiffed in the process because if they knew they were a few weeks away from releasing the MkII which addressed so many of the issues that had apparently been fed back by early adopters, shouldn't they have at least said to people that these issues were known, being taken seriously, and acted on and would be seen in the new, updated version?
I've got all my emails from HQ in Germany at the time relating to my conversations about upgrading to a Neo II which I asked immediately to do when I was in discussion with them replacing my week old kite and was told to sell my kite privately and then buy a Neo II for a good price. When I asked what price, I never got an answer. As my local reseller replaced my kite (as opposed to HQ which told me to send my kite back to Germany for repair), I never heard anything back from HQ at all.
I'm now left with a kite that I've barely used, and am struggling to sell largely because of the push HQ is putting on the major improvements over the MkI.

So yes I share your sense of being taken for a ride by a manufacturer and in my case, it's not even like I jumped in at the beginning, I bought it right at the end after it had been out for most of its shelf life. After all, if you can't trust a review and/or a manufacturer, then you're kind of stuffed aren't you.....

I totally agree with your comments on consumer rights and I'd be delighted to know any safety/performance mods.....

And if anyone wants to be a barely used 11m Neo Mk1............

Chris in the UK, and very unlikely an HQ customer ever again.......

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio