Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Poll: Keep or eliminate rank system?
Keep ranks with current titles
--- 13 (28.89%)
Keep ranks but change titles (post suggestions below)
--- 11 (24.44%)
Eliminate rank system altogether --- 21 (46.67%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Keep or eliminate rank system?
pkf

Mood: Squiggly

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 12:39 AM
Keep or eliminate rank system?

Recently a concern has arisen that our rank system may mislead readers into believing that a higher rank equates to a higher knowledge of kites and kite sports.

Post ranking is a very common feature on the majority of web forums and simply assigns a title and number of stars to a member (displayed below the member's name in each post) based on the number of posts made. That may not be known by all our membership making this a valid concern. Therefore, we'd like to ask for feedback whether we should modify or eliminate the ranks.

Please cast your vote in the poll above. If you choose 'Keep ranks but change titles', post your suggestions to this thread.

Here is our current rank titles:

Tandem Passenger = 1+
Short Reacher = 10+
Long Reacher = 50+
2 Wheeler = 100+
Freestyler = 250+
Kite Traction Freak = 500+
Kite Traction Know-It-All = 1000+
Kite Traction Guru = 1500+

Thanks for the feedback!

The Power Kite Forum
Kite Traction Sports Community
http://www.powerkiteforum.com
NPWfever

Mood: Is now a P2 pilot, flying a Charly One Harness, and an Ozone Buzz Z =D

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 12:51 AM

I would like to see it climb above guru though? God know's I'll make it by the end of my 6 months......but yeah, like maybe become an "adminstrator" or something, or like just a higher level.

\"Once you have flown you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, there you long to return\" Leonardo Da Vinci

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
B-Roc

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 04:53 AM

I don't think a ranking system is necessary though I do like the post counter and the registered date just to give some idea of who the poster is and their activity level.

Depower Quiver: 14m Gin Eskimo, 10m Gin Eskimo III, 6m Gin Yeti, 4.5m Gin Yeti (custom bridle and mixer)
Fixed Bridle Quiver: MAC Bego 400, JOJO ET Instinct 2.5 & 5.5, Lil Devil 1.5, Sting 1.2
Rides: Ground Industries
dylanj423

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 06:52 AM

I like the rank system, and the corresponding titles. As a newer member,, and someone that has bought kites in the for sale forum, I like knowing who has been around for a while.

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
dylanj423

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 07:05 AM

If you want some ideas on new titles, here you go, here's my 2 cents...

1+ Noob
10+ Kite Collector
50+ Static Flyer
100+ Kite Jumper
250+ Freestyler
500+ Kite Freak
1000+ Senior Kiter
1500+ Jedi Flyer
2000+ Member Of The Board
3000+ KEO

WHAT I FLY:

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
bbrex

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 10:12 AM
Ranking System

I agree with B-Roc. The ranking system can be quite deceiving. It would be nice to have your registered date though.

It is very misleading, for example look at one of the responses from above. It is the perfect example of the misuse of this system.

Some people may say if you had any common sense you would not use some of the advice you read, but as all of us know, some people are not born with any common sense what so ever. Some people are just so gung-ho that they just don't get it.

I don't think it is good for the public awareness of our sport. If for instance some newbe uses the ranking system as a tool exclusively, say from a Kite Traction Know-It-All or a Kite Traction Guru, they could possibly be mislead. Numbers of posts necessarily does not make an experienced traction kiter, quality is definately better than quantity in the case.

Thanks for taking time to address this issue.

Brad Rex

What I Fly!!!
PKD Buster .7m----PKD Brooza I 5.5m----JOJO RM+ 2m----JOJO Instinct 1.5m---- JOJO Instinct 2.5m---- JOJO Instinct 5.5m---- JOJO WET 8m----JOJO Session 7.5m----Flexifoil Sting 1.2m----Flexifoil Sting 1.7m---- Flexifoil Bullet 1.5m----Flexifoil Blade I 3.3m----Flexifoil Blade III 4m---- Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5m----Flexifoil Blade III 8.5m----Libra Bora 2m---- Ozone Razor 4.5m---- Force10 2.1m----NPW5 1.7m----NPW5 2.4m----NPW5 3.1m----NPW5 4.8m----NPW5 6.9m----(2) NPW9 3.4m----(3)NPW9 5.3m----NPW9 10m----NPW9 15m----NPW TEEGA 4.3m----NPW TEEGA 2.2m----NPW TEEGA .8m---- Modified Libre Full Race Buggy----Home Built Aluminum Iceflyer/Windflyer Landsailor
If you hadn\'t realized yet.......................Yes I am ADDICTED TO WIND!!!!!
NAPKRA Club #13 Coordinator (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma)
US44
dgkid78

Mood: Wicket Smaht= Wicked Smart

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 10:25 AM

I gotta admit when i first joined i was confused by the ranking system. I just look at what people own for gear and thats helps me understand more about who's a noob <---me) and whos got some experience by there quiver . I just think why would a noob own 25 kites and most being LEI and Twinskins and open cell foils? especially if they have Ozones and Flexifoils and Peter Lynns . Then you look at someone like me and i only got 2 kites (So Ashamed but funds are low)...... it kinda makes sense to me.

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

My Quiver is old...but I\'m a broke kiter!!!

Video:

http://vimeo.com/6674899

Some Pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgkid78/
nhlrule56

Mood: Where\'s the beach?

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 11:30 AM

IMHO, the ranking system is a little misleading as well as the number of posts. There are a number of posts that are clearly people trying to get to the next level of ranking. There is not an easy answer to this issue either. You can have a guy that has been flying for years and has just started following the PKF and has a recent registration date. So that is not an indicator of experience. Nor does the number of kites in their quiver make them more experienced that the next. The reader still has to read the posts and exercise some common sense. There is a lot to learn from the readers of this forum.

Flexifoil - Sabre2 5.0m, 9.5m / Bullet 7.0m
Ozone - Cult 4.5m / Yakuza 2.2m, 3.4m / Samurai2 3.0m / IMP 2.5m / IMP Quattro 1.5m
Peter Lynn - Pepper II 3.0m
Rides - Peter Lynn Bigfoot Buggy / Flexifoil Buggy / MBS Mountainboard
Harness - Dakine XT Seat / Ozone AccessXC D-Ring / Ozone AccessXC Spreader Bar
dgkid78

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 01:03 PM

Name 1 noob who has 10 Power kites...I would love to chat with them and find out why they would dump so much money on a sport they don't even know they are addicted to yet? IMHO if you own 10 different power kites and willing to spend that much money on power kites. Then you have some clue of how the wind works and know which kite to take out for the specific conditions. I personally have never seen someone put a post on here asking "How do i jump?" or "Do I need a Harness for a fixed bridle for jumping?" meanwhile there signature states they own 10 kites. I consider myself a noob because I only started this sport 6months ago. and just got into depower and ATB. :tumble:

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

Video:

pkf

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 01:30 PM

In my opinion, most of the ranks are innocuous (Long Reacher, etc.) and do not imply any level of expertise. I wonder if it would be sufficient to change the highest 2 ranks (Kite Traction Know-It-All, Kite Traction Guru) to something else. Comments?

The Power Kite Forum
nhlrule56

Mood: Where\'s the beach?

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 04:50 PM

dgkid, I think you are missing my point. Neither ranking, posts, registered date, or quiver size denotes the type of flier you are or your experience level. I also believe even if you have been flying for years you can still learn something from a less experienced flier.

There have been plenty of posts inquiring about jumping techniques, as well as some good links to YouTube vid's with jumping assistance. Have you seen this thread? http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=5242

If you have questions regarding a harness for jumping w/fixed bridle, start a thread. You'll get some great feedback from the many skilled people that follow these threads.

Take care and fly safe - G

Flexifoil - Sabre2 5.0m, 9.5m / Bullet 7.0m
Ozone - Cult 4.5m / Yakuza 2.2m, 3.4m / Samurai2 3.0m / IMP 2.5m / IMP Quattro 1.5m
Peter Lynn - Pepper II 3.0m
Rides - Peter Lynn Bigfoot Buggy / Flexifoil Buggy / MBS Mountainboard
Harness - Dakine XT Seat / Ozone AccessXC D-Ring / Ozone AccessXC Spreader Bar
dgkid78

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nhlrule56
dgkid, I think you are missing my point. Neither ranking, posts, registered date, or quiver size denotes the type of flier you are or your experience level. I also believe even if you have been flying for years you can still learn something from a less experienced flier.

There have been plenty of posts inquiring about jumping techniques, as well as some good links to YouTube vid's with jumping assistance. Have you seen this thread? http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=5242

If you have questions regarding a harness for jumping w/fixed bridle, start a thread. You'll get some great feedback from the many skilled people that follow these threads.

Take care and fly safe - G

Sigh

Hq Montana 2 7m

HQ Montana 3 9.5m

MBS Comp 90

Video:

NPWfever

[*] posted on 5-26-2008 at 05:51 PM

NOOOOO Don't take the ranks away!!! Getting to guru is gonna be the only thing keeping me going for these next few months!! May I suggest a disclaimer in the terms and agreements that states the rankings are no indicator of experience? Or ranks that don't suggest a large knowledge base, or experience, just something that shows a higher level of posts?

\"Once you have flown you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been, there you long to return\" Leonardo Da Vinci

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 05:33 AM

This might be hard to set up and/or administer but what about us ranking each other. If you repeatedly get good advice from someone and day in and day out, they seem to be giving level headed advice, you could give them a ranking bump. On the other hand, if you allow users to give negative feedback for posters that are repeatedly grouchy (not mentioning any names) and seemingly always in opposition to others on the forum, it could both help curb that behavior but also (a negative perhaps) possibly discourage them from posting altogether. I don't propose this be the solution to our dilemma but rather the beginning of discussion to find a good solution.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
acampbell

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 06:05 AM

I think any questionable advice offered here gets vetted pretty quickly by what is generally fair and sportsman-like debate.
If people understand what drives the ranking system, then no harm, no foul, but people padding posts to chase ranking levels is a waste of bandwidth.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
dylanj423

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeamerBob
If you repeatedly get good advice from someone and day in and day out, they seem to be giving level headed advice, you could give them a ranking bump. On the other hand, if you allow users to give negative feedback for posters that are repeatedly grouchy (not mentioning any names) and seemingly always in opposition to others on the forum, it could both help curb that behavior but also (a negative perhaps) possibly discourage them from posting altogether.

Like on ebay, where the users of the site rate each other, maybe. Thats a good idea. Also on craigslist forums, you can rate postings with a scale of -5 to +5.

I like this idea

WHAT I FLY:

WHAT I RIDE:

awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 12:15 PM

I have to agree that the ranking system does mislead some of the people who get on the forum and lurk to get info. Coming from someone who has made it to "Kite -Guru" the person who is not familiar with the ranking system may value their advice heavier than someone who maybe has more experience and better suggestions but may only be ranked as a "Short-reacher". I also get frustrated with people who are posting just to increase their ranking. It is a waste of bandwidth and also extends the threads to where they are so long that the valuable information is lost in pages of smiley's and other useless posts.

Just my opinion is all.

NPWfever

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 12:31 PM

I do like the rank eachother idea, the PG forum I'm on has that as well, but nobody really uses it, im afraid it would just sit unused. :alien::yes::spin::bisou::yes::alien::bisou::bisou::bird::smilegrin::sniff::ticking::mad::(:!::!::!::!:;-);-):alien::alien:

(Srry awindofchange, I couldn't help it)

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
burritobandit

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 12:44 PM

I agree that being able to rank the quality/helpfulness of posts with a plus or minus, then having that rank add or subtract to the poster's rank would be cool.

http://www.esreality.com/ is a video gaming website that has that feature built in. If people find comments funny or insightful, they 'plus' it. After a certain amt of plusses, a percentage appears below the post indicate people find the post humorous or insightful. This then adds a '+' or a piece of a +, after the username and you know how 'popular' they are.

Users shouldn't feel compelled to plus or minus every single post out there. Personally, I'd just plus posts that help and/or entertain. Leaving the minus out is an option as well as there may be potential for abuse or whatnot. Instead of minus-ing a user, a poster that disagrees could simply reply with their opinion or correction. At first a lot of posters would seem equal, but eventually the quality posters would end up sticking out with higher percentages.

One thing I've noticed about this forum is that there are or trolls or any forum drama. Everyone here seems eager to help everyone else out. I think this is due to the potential danger of our sport/hobby and nobody wanting anyone else to get hurt. :thumbup:

Btw, I'm not suggesting that lose our postcount, of course. We can leave that in for bragging rights/milestone celebrations.:frog:

Kites:
2012 TS 7,9,12/2007 Waroo 3,5/2009 Kahoona 9.5
Flexifoil Ion 2 8.5
HQ Hydra 350
Naish Helix 2, Cult 3,4.5
Ozone Zephyr 17m
Rides:
2011 Best Profanity 134, Cabrinha Kiteskate, Cabrinha Nugget, 2k9 Cabrinha Plasma 146x50, 2k9 Flexifoil Delta 139x41.5, 2011 Slingshot Darko 135x41, Slingshot Scud, Tona wakeskate, Flexifoil Flexdeck, MBS Pro 90, MBS Ambush x 2, some oldskool buggy
kiteNH

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pkf
In my opinion, most of the ranks are innocuous (Long Reacher, etc.) and do not imply any level of expertise. I wonder if it would be sufficient to change the highest 2 ranks (Kite Traction Know-It-All, Kite Traction Guru) to something else. Comments?

I think I agree with this. Since forum posts have nothing to do with kiting ability and only reflect a persons forum activity why not change the top two to something like "PKF Addict" and "PKF Post-aholic" or something along those lines.

This whole "issue" seems a little silly. All forums that I've seen have these silly titles based on post count and I know I've always recognized that this is a reflection of forum activity and not expertise in the forum subject. Changing the titles will make sure that new users don't think serial posters are appointed experts or anything like that.

Bladerunner

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 02:28 PM

I have a little problem with the title " know it all". Just because you have a GOzillion posts doesn't mean you know anything. I'm the perfect example ! I think I still ask as many questions as I do give answers !
I certainly DON'T feel like a know it all. I hope I don't act like one !!! :duh:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
pkf

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 04:53 PM

I'm heading outta town for a few days. Keep the votes coming and we'll review this issue when I return.

The Power Kite Forum
NPWfever

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 05:01 PM

I just feel like the rank system keeps some newer members from leaving, I know it kept me on, it was kinda like a game. :cool:

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
USA_Eli_A

Mood: Ozone For Life

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 05:34 PM

uh oh...the moderators away....the cats will play...hehe...

I'd like to see the ranking system stay. It's helpful to see who is who compared to others....for me it seems those who have posted many times are people that might be willing to answer U2U questions in a timely way.

Plus, I like the idea of it being sort of a game, but at the same time, it's nice for me, to see how much I contribute. The titles for the ranking system are funny and very cool....If you don't like being a tandem passenger. PARTICIPATE IN DISCUSSIONS AND YOU'LL SOON BE A FREESTYLER!!!! AND SO ON!

I can understand why some don't like it...SO MAYBE WE COULD HAVE THE OPTION OF SEEING OUR RANKING, OR HIDING IT. So everyone is satisfied!?

maybe?????
NPWfever

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 06:00 PM

I like the oponion idea alot!
So if you dont want to see them, just check the dont show box, and then everyone wins! Good idea man! :karate:

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
bbrex

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 07:17 PM

The question is not for the established flier but for the newbe that doesen't know anything, we need to protect against them from getting poor advice from the start from someone who does not have the true experience to give. Once they get some time navigating this forum and getting to know the personalities and their expertise or lack there of; then they can make their own minds up as to who to take advice from. But to give them the possibility of choosing someone from a Kite Traction Know-It-All or Kite Traction Guru such as NPWfever who is one of those who takes advatage of this system and continues to boast about it.

Brad

What I Fly!!!
PKD Buster .7m----PKD Brooza I 5.5m----JOJO RM+ 2m----JOJO Instinct 1.5m---- JOJO Instinct 2.5m---- JOJO Instinct 5.5m---- JOJO WET 8m----JOJO Session 7.5m----Flexifoil Sting 1.2m----Flexifoil Sting 1.7m---- Flexifoil Bullet 1.5m----Flexifoil Blade I 3.3m----Flexifoil Blade III 4m---- Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5m----Flexifoil Blade III 8.5m----Libra Bora 2m---- Ozone Razor 4.5m---- Force10 2.1m----NPW5 1.7m----NPW5 2.4m----NPW5 3.1m----NPW5 4.8m----NPW5 6.9m----(2) NPW9 3.4m----(3)NPW9 5.3m----NPW9 10m----NPW9 15m----NPW TEEGA 4.3m----NPW TEEGA 2.2m----NPW TEEGA .8m---- Modified Libre Full Race Buggy----Home Built Aluminum Iceflyer/Windflyer Landsailor
If you hadn\'t realized yet.......................Yes I am ADDICTED TO WIND!!!!!
NAPKRA Club #13 Coordinator (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma)
US44
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 07:42 PM

I think Angus said earlier about less than accurate material being disputed in a friendly way very quickly. This gives the new poster the ability to see many opinions. I have several favorite posters here that I actually look forward to reading their posts. They aren't necessarily in the top five posters either. They routinely give unbiased opinions and even set someone straight if they disagree. Other posters with a higher count might've watered down their effectiveness with dribble. Someone that reads posts here for a little bit picks up on all this pretty quickly. I'm not worried about a newbie lurking here and starting a new sport based on one post a lesser experienced poster makes with an inaccuracy in it.

Sadly, there is the occasional poster with a sour attitude that actually insult other posters by name. The absence of this is what makes this a great forum. The presence of the personal attacks really do take away from the openness regularly shown here. I don't think I've ever participated in another forum that had so few intent on ruining the experience of other participants.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
NPWfever

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 10:38 PM

When do I boast...?! What because I like the forum, and enjoy sharing my feedback?! So I have alot of posts? I don't go around boasting it!!!!!

2m Junkie
P3 Prism Stylus
3m Goflyakite Foil
5.5m NPW9b (Homemade)
6m Ozone Access
8m Pansh Ace
11m S-ARC
14m Naish Boxer
17m Peter Lynn Bomba
Kitewing (Homemade)
Kitebuggy (Homemade)
Skis for buggy
Skis for feet
Best Waist Harness
pkf

[*] posted on 5-27-2008 at 11:09 PM

There is no way to customize this post rank feature and I think it's nature may not be clear. This is merely a simple system that links a title to a post count. If you've posted 10 to 50 times, for example, the title 'Short Reacher' is displayed below your name. The title changes as you post more... a common forum doodad.

There is no way to change it to an actual peer to peer rank system etc. So we are voting whether to keep these post count ranks or eliminate them.

Regarding the quality of member advice: This is a discussion forum... we as a group and validate each other's comments with our own. If you think someone has given bad advise, offer your own (rather than criticize pls). The value of this forum comes from a range of opinion forming a volume of sound information. We're a community.

The Power Kite Forum
Dagon

Mood: ready to buggy

[*] posted on 5-28-2008 at 03:03 PM

what about stars with no title?

NAPKRA: US32
my bag:
Ted's Profoil 1.5m
HQ beamer 1.4m
Ozone Samurai 2.0m