Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shipping advise
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 11-2-2007 at 04:55 PM
Shipping advise

In my current problem with claiming the kite that was stolen at the post office counter, Post Canada and the counter owner are for now refusing to reimburse me by arguing the following:

Legally, the package belongs to the sender until received by the addressee. USPS, Post Canada and the counter are carrier only and takes no responsibility unless the sender bought a shipping insurance.

Problem is sending across border with "as gift" is then the package can not be insured for the full amount it really worths.

So I am stuck to let Paypal decide who pays for it. Me or the sender. Can the sender claims it from his home personal insurance ?

My advice for senders, always take a shipping insurance since you are responsible for a package not ending at destination.

hen if you ship across border, you can not ship as gift, and the addressee will pay custom fee, and taxes on the value of the package content.

Free trade they told us.

So frustrated now.

:flaming:

cheers

Pablo

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 11-2-2007 at 06:12 PM

You can use Gift or Demo for shipping cross border and still get insurance no problem from Canada to the US. For the couple bucks it pays to insure everything.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DAKITEZ

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 01:10 PM

That sucks! not to put salt in your wound, but more than likely paypal will take the side of the buyer. When sending anything that was paid by paypal you need to be sure you have a delivery confirmation. With out a confirmation if the buyer says they didn't recieve the package paypal will refund their money. On the other hand you could send the buyer an empty box, but as long as you have confirmation the buyer is out of luck.
domdino

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 03:08 PM

man i really feel for you... this sucks

DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 11-3-2007 at 04:49 PM

my only last resource is to trywith my home insurance if they agree to pay but I have doubt.

anyway I will need another kite, and it's gonna be a 10m Fly. the only deal that sounds Ok now is Dom's psych03 10.

but am I gonna take another risk, or I pay 1600 brand new locally

no interesting fs used in canada right now

unless I drive to NY :puzzled:

DAKITEZ

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 12:26 AM

This is kinda off the subject, but i just learned this the hard way so i'm spreading the word. You mentioned home insurance thats why I thought of this. My truck was just broken into and they stole my radio. My kite was in there, but thankfully they didn't get. If they would have stole my kite or other things such as a labtop etc. ( things not attached to the vehicle ) my car insurance doesn't cover that stuff that needs to be covered under homeowners ins. Just a heads up for others like me who were unaware.
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 03:21 PM

Hey I sent a Libre Bigfoot by way of you pee s (ups), in two box's. One for the tires and the other for the buggy. The guy called me and said they would not deliver the other box because of damage, yes it was the buggy box. My shipping center called me and said the shipment was back and when I saw it with tire marks acrosss it and holes everywhere I could not believe any shipper would do this kind of damage and not be responcible for it. We also found out the axle was missing from the box and because I trusted them to get it there I only insured for $100. I know I know should have but didn't insure it for the total amount. That mistake cost me a stainless steel axle. If I ever use you pee s (ups) again I will insure it for the total amount plus, be assured.
you pee s sucks.

jellis
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 04:29 PM

why soo many thiefs in this world. too bad.

worst story from a firend of mine

he advertised on ikitesurf, and receives this strange mail asking a mailing address for sending a certified check from oversea.

He got the check but the amount too hugh, so he makes the deposit and ship the kites, then get a call from the buyer asking to only reimburse half of the amount overpaid by western union

10-15 days later, the certified check bounced back as being a fake

this one is worst than my story

Pablo

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 04:38 PM

Yeah, that's a pretty common scam, unfortunately lots of people haven't heard about it yet, so people still get away with it.

UPS does bite, I've had several problems with them. Last one took almost 2 weeks from when it got into town to clear customs. Usually Canada Post is the best bet, I've heard people have done good with just the basic US Postal service as well.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
PrairieWind

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 08:02 PM

For cross border shipments UPS is brutal. On UPS ground shipments they will charge "brokerage" fees on top of any duty even for the smallest things they ship.
DAKITEZ

[*] posted on 11-4-2007 at 10:41 PM

Bummer for your friend. I have also heard of that scam. No checks are any good anymore ! Even a legit bank check can still be cancelled by the buyer up to ( I think ) 15 days. not sure on the exact number of days, but you get the point. You get check .. bank clears check ... you send kite ... buyer cancels check ... you learned a costly lesson in scamming!!
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 01:43 AM

I sent my Flysurfer over the boarder for a mod.. It was sent back as gift and valued at $800. Customs wanted to charge me taxes on $800 for my own kite :flaming:
After bailing it out I ended up refunded all but the tax on the $100 mod.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio