Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: My Last Hurrah!
soliver

Mood: sleepy

sad.gif posted on 5-3-2021 at 06:43 PM
My Last Hurrah!

I was having a lot of trouble with the forum when I was trying to post this, so forgive me all the crazy posts.

... see the posts below for Item I am putting up for sale at JIBE.

I'm going to take a nap now
soliver

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 07:34 PM

I have made the decision that this JIBE is going to be my last Hurrah in the world of Kiting. Its been a good run, but its time to hang it up. That being said, all of my gear is up for sale. SO if you are coming to JIBE and you are interested in any of my stuff, lets talk and we can save some time, effort and money on shipping.

I am hoping to use it for JIBE so if you don't mind me hanging on to it until the end of the week, that'd be awesome, but of course if you want to try it out, by all means let me know. You can see in my sig, whats available, and heres what im hoping to get for it... hopefully priced to sell.

VVV ...Continue below... VVV

soliver

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 07:42 PM
KITES for sale:

Peak 2, 12m Complete and in good condition: $300. It has one pinhole that is patched with sail tape. I keep it in a really nice stuff sack because it did not come with its original bag. The grips on the bar are a little loose too. It is an awesome low wind machine... the jolly gentle green giant! This was originally Steve's (windstrucS-P-A-M-L-I-N-K-s) kite which he sold to me, so you know it came from a good home.

Peak 1, 6m Complete and in Good condition. This one was a selfless gift from a good person and has been one of my all time favorites, so it has to go to a special home... its fate is yet TBD.

NASA Star 2, 2.5m and 4m, with one bar and line set. I keep them in stuff sacks, but I do have the original bags if you want them.
-- if you want 1 KO: $60
-- if you want 1 kite with bar and lines: $75
-- if you want the whole shebang: $130
(I'd like to give Randy first dibs on these... he expressed an interest in them a while back... "if you ever decide...")

soliver

[*] posted on 5-3-2021 at 08:03 PM
BUGGY STUFF for sale:

PL Divine Harness (small): in fair condition with 2 different spreader bars (one standard hook and on with an Auto Quick Release set-up): $20

PL Buggy dry bag, blue: $15

I have 3 complete barrow wheels and tires: $10 each or $25 for all 3

Tandem set-up; If you have 2 buggies and want to easily convert them back and forth to a tandem rig... I have a hitch and tow bar that I fabricated myself that can make you able to give friends and family rides. The spray paint job is old so its a little rusty, but it does a great job: Make me and offer

My Buggy is a VTT Stinger (a race style buggy) with a VTT Black widow seat and a PL XR front fork. Van (of VTT) fabricated these rails to be his version of the Apexx Exxtreme (i think). I fabricated the back axle and the swan neck down tube myself. I also fabricated some 6 inch extenders for the back of the rails to push the COG forward a little. It currently has barrow tires on it... it's always been a super comfortable and reliable buggy. Also on this one, the spray paint job is a little old, so it has a fair amount of surface rust, but nothing a wire brush and rattle can can't fix. I am not sure how to price it, so if you are interested, let me know and we can work out a price. I DO want to try to part with it before I head home (I have a number in mind, but its probably lower than you think)... Lets talk.

I also have a VTT Rail Kit and Seat that turns the Peter Lynn XR buggy into a much more comfortable buggy. The front fork on the actual buggy broke while I was loading so I left all this at home. I modified the back end of these rails with clamps, but I can easily cut them off to return them to the way they came. Also old paint job so a little rusty... I believe these were close to $200 new, so I am thinking $80 plus actual shipping cost, but thats completely negotiable.

I am already in the area on Saint Simons Island, so if you're in the area already, or live locally let me know and we can meet up.

Contact me by U2U or email me at: s o l i v e r (at) n o r t h m e t r o .org. I prefer PayPal if possible

Randy

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 06:09 AM

u2u sent

NPW Test Pilot -US99
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 06:53 AM

Tried email for the harness, but bounced. Sending a U2U!
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 07:43 AM

I see you were hoping to hand them off locally at the end of JIBE. Perhaps someone there will be driving back this way? To/Near/Through Northern Virginia, or maybe Hampton?
Jack.Oh

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 07:50 AM

U2U sent. THX

US417
Custom buggy "Zephyr II"
Pansh A15 9m, 12m, 15m
Pansh Genesis 4m, 6m
soliver

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 12:39 PM

Hey everyone, I've replied to all the U2U's!

Thanks everyone, looking forward to see you all next week.

I tried to type out my email above all spaced out so that it wouldn't get picked up by any bots... I sent each of you my email address in the U2U replies.

You guys will want this buggy, it's a sweet ride and I'm thinking a good price, just needs a little clean up and spray paint!

Thanks again!

Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 01:39 PM

Spencer - you and I already chatted via U2U. Here's the thing - please check in from time to time and keep the kite embers glowing and the friendships going. Life has a funny way of evolving and you may find yourself back amongst us someday, maybe sooner than you expect. In any case, your kite family will expect you to show up for (virtual) dinner now and again, even if only to play us a jig on one of those hand crafted mandolins of yours!

Miss ya already. :(

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
soliver

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Windstruck  
Spencer - you and I already chatted via U2U. Here's the thing - please check in from time to time and keep the kite embers glowing and the friendships going. Life has a funny way of evolving and you may find yourself back amongst us someday, maybe sooner than you expect. In any case, your kite family will expect you to show up for (virtual) dinner now and again, even if only to play us a jig on one of those hand crafted mandolins of yours!

Miss ya already. :(

Thanks buddy, while its been a slow ebb toward this decision, my wife keeps reminding me that "this is a big deal"... which i suppose it is. Kiting has been such a big part of my life for a long time, but I have more important things that I need to invest myself in, so its time to hang it up. Thanks to you all... Of course I will check in from time to time and I'll miss y'all too.

I'm sure I'll end up with a Rev before the next time i end up on the beach ;)

Feel free to commemorate this moment by buying a piece of my gear :lol::lol::lol:

mystainedskin

[*] posted on 5-5-2021 at 06:36 AM

I will be in Wednesday. Might be interested in a few things if still available.

NAPKA #US904
Viper/ 2.6 Viper S/ 3.9/5.3
Peter Lynn Phantom 6/9/9/12/15/18
Peter Lynn Venom 13
Peter Lynn XR+
Peter Lynn Drifter
Mg Edge
Elliot Virus
soliver

[*] posted on 5-5-2021 at 01:58 PM

Just to update this:

I have a taker on the PL Divine Harness. Randy is interested in the NASA Stars and there is a second party who has laid claim if Randy doesn't want them.

Everything else is still up for grabs.

Here's what I'm going to do with the 6m Peak 1:
Many moons ago, someone I knew from JIBE put this kite up for sale. I wanted it, but being a man of little means, I could not afford it. As a joke, I made a comment about how someone should make it a donation out of kindness to me being that I was president of the Janky Wind Club. The seller posted that it had sold and I went on with my life. Only a few day later I showed up to work and there is was in a box addressed to me outside my office.

After a little bit of digging I figured out that out of the kindness of his heart, Steve (Windstruck) had bought the kite from the seller and had it shipped to me. Steve and I had exchanged emails in the past as friends so he knew where I worked, which is how he figured out where to send it. I have to say I was blown away. That made it a very special gift and I have loved it and treasured it as one of my favorites since then.

All of that is to say, I don't feel right selling this kite. It seems to me that what I should do with it is to offer it to someone in the JIBE family who is in need of a good 6m depow and will treasure it like I have. I'm going to pay it forward, but not sure yet to whom.

jeepersjoey

Mood: Vapor Trails...

[*] posted on 5-5-2021 at 07:09 PM

That would DEFINITELY be my friend, Steve.

What a great guy, eh?
Paul

Peter Lynn - Resurrected Vapors (thanks to Tenacious Tape): 3.2, 3.8, 4.5, 5.4m. Size 2.3m (dead) - all internal bellows shredded
Pansh - Cerberus - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.5, 9m. (red)
Peter Lynn - Viper - 2.6m
Flexifoil - Rage - Rasta 1.8, 2.5 (dead), 3.5 (dead), 4.7 (v2). New backup of 2.5m and 3.5m.
Ozone - Method 6.5m (w/ Ozone Turbo Bar)
Libre - Bora - Yellow 3.0 & 4.5 (both on their last breath of life)
Peter Lynn - C-Quad - 6.3
HQ - NPW9: 3.4 & 5.3. NPW5: 1.0

Buggies (Kite and Land)
#1 Buggy: Libre Full-Race
#2 Buggy: Peter Lynn Suspension buggy
#3 Sailer: Homemade Land Sailer
#4 Buggy: Windspeed Pro Ivanpah Buggy named Bruce (because he weighs 130 lbs!!)

Paul's Photo Album

Paul's Videos
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 5-5-2021 at 08:00 PM

A question, my only depower kite is an arc (Charger II) 12m, which I understand is over stated because of the projected area being smaller, maybe 9m. Would a 12m singleskin be redundant or indeed a bigger option for lighter wind?

There is also a 14m flysurfer voodoo available online that I can't quite place in the mix either, with the 12m arc and Spencer's 12m Peak. I think it is an older bridled twinskin.
jeffnyc

Mood: In the

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 01:41 AM

12m Peak is a light wind kite (less than 12-15 knots), 12m charger is 12-however much you can hold knots. Arcs are not great light wind kites (no matter how much I want them to be :D ). 12m Peak is a lot of grunt, and gets overpowered quickly, depending on your weight.

Foil: Speed5 18+12 | Speed3 15 | Sonic2 9m | Peak 5 4m
Arc: Phantom I 12m+18m
LEI: LF WOW 9m
FB: Flux 5m | Bullet 4.5 | Blurr 3.5 + 2.5 | Rage 2.5 | Beamer 1.8
Ride: Flexi Haize | MBS core 90 | SS Vision 140 | Mako 140 + King 165 | King Gee | SS Hover Glide | WB 5'6" | Burton Floater
NAPKA NCC-US1701
Windstruck

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 05:01 AM

All that know me (in person or via our wonderful forum) know what a fan I am of SS kites. When they shine the brightest, IMHO, is when they are big and the wind is light and variable. I've owned the kite in question (12m P2) and found it to be a superb low wind engine in the buggy. I called mine "Session Saver".

Scott - for where you are sitting it may in fact be an ideal choice. I cut my teeth on that exact kite in the buggy.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 05:18 AM

soliver - if the drybag does not sell, i'll take it.
scott - the voodoo on ebay went away a couple of days ago. don't know if it's listed elsewhere. it looked cool, for sure, but the control/safety system was OLD. i think the tag showed a 2011 build date?
while the old velcro CL systems must have worked sufficiently 10 years ago, things have certainly changed considerably since then. if you intended to use it with another bar, then this doesn't matter.
strange, but good, is that reading through these posts seems like walking into a place like "Cheers," the good ol' tv sitcom.
tom
Windstruck

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 05:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soliver  

Many moons ago, someone I knew from JIBE put this kite up for sale. I wanted it, but being a man of little means, I could not afford it. As a joke, I made a comment about how someone should make it a donation out of kindness to me being that I was president of the Janky Wind Club. The seller posted that it had sold and I went on with my life. Only a few day later I showed up to work and there is was in a box addressed to me outside my office.

After a little bit of digging I figured out that out of the kindness of his heart, Steve (Windstruck) had bought the kite from the seller and had it shipped to me. Steve and I had exchanged emails in the past as friends so he knew where I worked, which is how he figured out where to send it. I have to say I was blown away. That made it a very special gift and I have loved it and treasured it as one of my favorites since then.

Moments to sincerely "pay it forward" don't come along every day. In this case, those "emails exchanged as friends" initiated when I had gotten a hair up my nose to construct a tandem buggy setup to pull around my (severely autistic) daughter. Spenser, being the great "walk your talk" guy that he is was so incredibly kind and giving of his time and expertise in walking me through with pictures and step by step tips on fabricating the tandem joining mechanism. While I didn't ultimately go forward with the tandem project, Spenser shown as a beacon of light as a good and generous friend. When the chance came to return the kindness I did so in the manner described.

As Dominic Toretto would say, "The only thing that matters right now is the people in this room. Salute, mi familia."

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 06:19 AM

I would love a chance to fly a single skin sometime. I don't want to be considered for the pass it on program but would love to experience it for a run up and down the beach in an appropriate wind. I regret to see you hanging up your harness Spencer so one last hoorah it is.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
soliver

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 06:50 AM

Thanks for the kind words Steve,

Absolutely, Bobby... both the 6m and the 12m are awesome... I don't have a point of comparison for how they behave (Particularly in comparison to what you usually fly) but they have always performed outstandingly for me.

And by the by, I always referred to the 12m as the gnat fart catcher.... just sayin'

Windstruck

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 08:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BeamerBob  
I would love a chance to fly a single skin sometime. I don't want to be considered for the pass it on program but would love to experience it for a run up and down the beach in an appropriate wind. I regret to see you hanging up your harness Spencer so one last hoorah it is.

Sharing kites is something I'm completely fine with amongst experienced pilots when on a nice forgiving sandy beach. Not the case on the 40wt sandpaper that is the surface of Lake Ivanpah. My kites always come back from the playa like they've been on the losing end of a tussle with a Pit Bull and I don't want to strain a good friendship with a destroyed kite.

I hope to start heading up to Oregon more often for SOBB events. I've been to one and it's a blast. Meet me there and you can fly any of my beauties!

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 04:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Windstruck  
Quote: Originally posted by BeamerBob  

Sharing kites is something I'm completely fine with amongst experienced pilots when on a nice forgiving sandy beach. Not the case on the 40wt sandpaper that is the surface of Lake Ivanpah. My kites always come back from the playa like they've been on the losing end of a tussle with a Pit Bull and I don't want to strain a good friendship with a destroyed kite.

I hope to start heading up to Oregon more often for SOBB events. I've been to one and it's a blast. Meet me there and you can fly any of my beauties!

I want to go to all the buggy events every year! I'd love to get to SOBB again. When I do, I'll do a swap kites for a ride with you.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 5-6-2021 at 08:30 PM

In for the gnat fart catcher! Thanks for the advice, again, folks.
soliver

[*] posted on 5-10-2021 at 05:24 PM

Hey Guys, it was great to see those of you who I saw today, I hope to see more of y'all on Wednesday.

Heres were I'm at with the my Gear:

Both Randy and Jack are interested in the NASA Star Kites, so Randy has first dibs, then Jack.

Randy has also expressed an interest in my 3 barrow wheels/tires.

Scott Avery has expressed and interest in both the harness and the 12m Peak 2, so they will be shipping to him when I get home from vacation. IOW, they are claimed. Scott, once I figure out what the shipping costs will be, I'll let you know.

Tomdiving has expressed an interest in the buggy bag, Tom, I sent you an email to the email address associated with your PKF profile if it is still active, FYI

I have loaned my Tandem hitch and bar to Brian (FlyhighWNY), if anyone is interested in that, check with him and he can show you. He may end up taking it home with him.

Still not 100% sure about the 6m Peak 1, but I have a couple of ideas in mind, but haven't decided yet.

All thats left really then is the buggy. I would love it if I didn't have to take this home with me, because I don't foresee being able to sell it and ship it somewhere at a reasonable price, so I may have to sell it for scrap metal which would be a shame. That being said, I would LOVE to get around $300 for it, but am open to offers if that doesn't seem realistic. Its a very comfortable bug that could just stand to have a little attention given to it in the form of a wirebrush and spraypaint.

Here's the important part Wednesday is going to be my only other day to attend JIBE, so if we've agreed on something coming to you, we will need to get sorted on Wednesday. I will be on Saint Simons Island for the rest of the week, but may be busy, so Wednesday will be best.

tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 5-10-2021 at 06:08 PM
drybag

hey
got the note about the drybag. as i told soliver - "if anyone at the expo wants the bag, let them have it. if not, i'll need to pay for the shipping to me. please don't feel the need to save it for me if anyone else down there is interested, but i will absolutely put it to use if it does not sell there."
so, it's not absolutely spoken for by me if any of you guys want/need it.
otherwise, yes, i will take it.
tom
flyhighWNY

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 03:45 AM

Tom. I may inquire about bag but don't want you to feel I cut you off
Windstruck

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 05:01 AM

Spenser - I may have interest in the buggy. If the dust settles and it makes it home to ATL please reach out to me. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SCRAP SUCH A BEAUTIFUL RIDE.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
flyhighWNY

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 06:00 AM

Spenser is a good salesman. Look how he provoked a sale. I agree though and thought same thing. Just funds don't permit large purchases on this trip
Windstruck

[*] posted on 5-11-2021 at 07:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by flyhighWNY  
Spenser is a good salesman. Look how he provoked a sale. I agree though and thought same thing. Just funds don't permit large purchases on this trip

No doubt. However, in this case I know a good deal about the exact buggy in question and I have several ideas about what to do with it. I'm fine however this goes down; I just don't want a good buggy to hit the scrap yard!

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio