Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Time for a few more lines.....for the kids
macboy

Mood: They're ALL good ideas. Right up until they become BAD ideas.

[*] posted on 11-5-2020 at 10:06 PM
Time for a few more lines.....for the kids

A PKF friend of mine shot me the annual threat to buy my kites if they get any dustier which made me think of PKF and all my other friends here. I hope you're all staying safe and healthy. I can't wait to see all of you again.

This summer we made our pilgrimage to the little kite shop near the lake we sneak away to camp at each year. Different this year though was the TWO LINE kites we bought for my daughters (now 8 and 11). You all can probably imagine how exciting it was for me to see them fly those after playing for so many years with the single liners.

This winter *should* be the winter they both progress to parallel skiing (downhill) so really, once that happens the only thing left is a couple MORE kite lines. I just clicked my way to an Ozone snowkite vid and man do I miss it. I MUST get out this winter if it's the last thing I do. Covid should make things a bit quiet for me this winter in the ice carving world so I think I'll have no excuse. Watching the video it occurred to me that I don't think my kids even know what daddy used to do and how much he used to love it. With luck I'll find my AOXOMOXOA once again this winter.

KC07 - Certified Chronic

Rev Shockwave | Brooza II 3 | BusterII's 3/4/5 | Hornet 1.5
Reactor II 5.5/6.9 | AccessXC 10 | Frenzy 12 | PsychoIII 13 | Speed2 12 | Speed3 15 | SA2.5 19
Bomba 15 | Phantom 15/18 | Venom 13 | Slingshot T3 9/11/14m

Skis, Ski Skates, Nobile RM Pro, MBS Pro 90, Kailolo 5' 11" Custom Phish, Kailolo 5'9" Custom Phish, Plyboard, Proof 151, FlydoorM, F-One 198, Coyotes, Comp XR+, and the BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
~ Thomas Edison
pbc

Mood: Updated, edited, and published

[*] posted on 11-6-2020 at 05:29 PM

My youngest was just shy of seven when I realized I had to get back into the kite buggy or I was going to go insane. It's time. You can do this.

That boy is 18 now and sometimes he and his sister come join me for flying. It's a real good time.

I fly: Charger II 6.5m * Charger II 8m * Charger II 10m * Scorpion 10 (for sale) * Phantom II 12m * F-Arc 1200 * Venom 13m

I ride: Peter Lynn XR+ on Midis * Flexifoil Midi/Barrow * Peter Lynn Comp on Barrows * Peter Lynn XR+ (needs a fork)

I build: Custom bars for buggy pilots

I write about kite stuff: at http://philipbchase.com

Philip Chase

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio