Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Venom II (2) Wind Range - anyone? PDF? Manual?
NorthernKitesAustralia

[*] posted on 6-14-2020 at 07:55 PM
Venom II (2) Wind Range - anyone? PDF? Manual?

Hi guys.
I've found my old Venom II 16m kite and brought it back to life, with some canopy and zip repairs.
I tried to fly her in under 10knots at a park the other day, but she hardly went to Zenith. I've yanked the center lines to try and get her to lift, but nothing. Maybe the wind was too low? I am using a Zero7 4-line bar, with all lines equal.
So I ask, is there a minimum wind range for the V2? Anyone have a copy of the original PDF manual?
Much appreciate any kind arc pros to jimmy in.
Thank you and good winds

----------------
Foils: Peter Lynn Venom II 16m | 13m, PANSH Aurora 3 15m | Genesis 2019 12m | Flysurfer Psycho III 13m | Speed2 19m | HQ Neo II 11m
LEIs: SS School 9m | Ozone Reo 8m | SS Fuel 13m | Cabrinha Convert 12m | NAISH SLE 15m | BEST Warroo 12m | North Vegas 14m
Boards: Cardboards Tempo 131 | Cabrinha Force 165 | North M1 Mutant | THE BSTRD Carbon Race Foil | North Gonzalez 136 | Trigger Brothers 6'2" thruster | Naish SUP
tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 6-15-2020 at 05:46 AM

found this and will look for more - https://simeonpashley.blogspot.com/2008/03/peter-lynn-venom-...

maybe post your query here as well - https://www.extremekites.com.au/topic/17728-my-collection/

this should go to the guy that listed him as having a boatload of venoms - https://www.extremekites.com.au/profile/1781-andy666/

email for pl factory - kitefactory@plk.nz

perhaps hit up the "contact us" on this page - http://monkeyair.com/Venom-2.html

from pbc here - https://philipbchase.com/assets/documents/arc_setup_faq/
jeffnyc

Mood: In the

[*] posted on 6-15-2020 at 11:08 AM

Nice Tom - I was going to post the arc setup as well. NKA got the zip repair from Andy on EK - should definitely post there as well.
Most arcs are not light wind kites (that was drilled into my head when I first started), you pretty much choose the larger sizes based on your weight. And I believe the Venoms and Synergy had even lower usable surface area than the newer models, so a 16m is more like a 12m LEI (I just made those numbers up, someone can correct me please :D )
Sad that ArcUsers is completely down now, that site had some great information.

Foil: Speed5 18+12 | Speed3 15 | Sonic2 9m | Peak 5 4m
Arc: Phantom I 12m+18m
LEI: LF WOW 9m
FB: Flux 5m | Bullet 4.5 | Blurr 3.5 + 2.5 | Rage 2.5 | Beamer 1.8
Ride: Flexi Haize | MBS core 90 | SS Vision 140 | Mako 140 + King 165 | King Gee | SS Hover Glide | WB 5'6" | Burton Floater
NAPKA NCC-US1701
shehatesmyhobbies

Mood: Serious Buggy withdraws!

[*] posted on 6-15-2020 at 11:31 AM

It's been my experience that the 16m venom isn't really strong enough for good traction till about 15 mph.

10kts is the bare minimum I fly my 18 m phantom in.

I would make sure de power strap is all the way out and keep the bar pushed all the way out and see what you get. Make sure your rear lines have a nice arc in them, but not too much

Rich
NAPKA President
US 66
www.napka.org

302 480 6008

Phantoms!
My ride: GT Rapide
Check out the Wildwood Buggy Bash Facebook page!
Snake

Mood: Boost to the moon

[*] posted on 6-15-2020 at 12:17 PM

Like others have mentioned, most arcs don't fly well in low wind. My 13m venom 1.5 needs active flying to keep it in the air sub 10mph, and I need 15ish to barely get rolling on my board. The only good low wind arcs are f-arcs and chargers. The newer arcs generally have a lower power per square meter and worse low wind performance.

In low wind active flying is extremely important. Keep the internal pressure high by maintaining speed in the kite and make sure the valves aren't crumpled shut or open before launching. Arcs generally like if you sheet out all the way to slack rears, let the kite gain some speed, and then sheet in. In low wind you want to keep the bar out more to keep the kite speed high. As you gain speed, you can sheet in more and more. Sheeting in slightly while turning also helps keep the power and speed. If the kite is losing power, pump the kite front lines and steer towards the ground to regain speed.

Hope this helps.

Arcs - Charger I 8m, 10m, 12m, Venom I 13m - F-Arc 1200, 1600
Single Skin - Born-Kite LongStar2
Fixed Bridles - Pansh Legend 4.5m - Peter Lynn Voltage 3m
NorthernKitesAustralia

[*] posted on 6-18-2020 at 07:57 PM

Hey thanks guys. All sorted. Yeah it was the low wind on the day. Three days later, winds picked up to around 12knots and wow... she flew so nicely! I am so glad I've brought her back to life. And to be able to boost jump in 12knots around 6m in the air - that certainly put a smile on my dials. Cheers

----------------
Foils: Peter Lynn Venom II 16m | 13m, PANSH Aurora 3 15m | Genesis 2019 12m | Flysurfer Psycho III 13m | Speed2 19m | HQ Neo II 11m
LEIs: SS School 9m | Ozone Reo 8m | SS Fuel 13m | Cabrinha Convert 12m | NAISH SLE 15m | BEST Warroo 12m | North Vegas 14m
Boards: Cardboards Tempo 131 | Cabrinha Force 165 | North M1 Mutant | THE BSTRD Carbon Race Foil | North Gonzalez 136 | Trigger Brothers 6'2" thruster | Naish SUP

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio