Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: What's on your kite buy list?
rtz

[*] posted on 6-24-2019 at 03:44 PM
What's on your kite buy list?

Anyone have any kite related purchases planned in the near future? What are you looking to get?

Sting 1.7, 2.4 - Flow 2, 3, 4, 5 - Reactor 2.2, 2.8, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 - Yakuza 2.2, 2.7 - JOJO 9
Ed Cline

Mood: Truth, Justice, and The American Way.

[*] posted on 6-24-2019 at 04:16 PM

15m nasa when i find it. Possibly with a faint smell of perfume ?
15m Charger preferably one that saved a life once.
Both of Steve's custom made little stars
Big Blue, as my last kite.
Dominator, when They scrape Mulligan out of it some day.
Forgive me Father for I have sinned.:saint:

Realistically I've been thinkin about the Maribou a lot.
Whether the inflated leading edge would solve my tip tuck in janky wind problem. The peaks aren't my best janky wind kite, but the 6 is manageable and the 9/12 m sometime fold on the ends when there's a shift, waiting for reviews.

Flying mostly single skins, with some orphans, the American flag, and a PL buggy. US01
ColinW

[*] posted on 6-24-2019 at 10:07 PM

6m race kite.
One kite at a time;)
Pablo

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 6-24-2019 at 11:09 PM

Have a workable quiver, Probably looking at an Arc in the 15m range, Had an old Venom I should never have sold. Kids are getting into it, would be a perfect kite for most of their buggy/atb needs in our 12-15mph winds. First I have to find a way to get the wife to forget about the 10m RM+ and 15m Combat I just bought.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 12:26 AM

If you're on Facebook, type #trickskin into the search field.

Couldn't find the video on YouTube or Vimeo.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
rtz

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 01:34 AM

Is that not the PL single skin?

https://www.facebook.com/1650894692/posts/10217479080482843?...

Sting 1.7, 2.4 - Flow 2, 3, 4, 5 - Reactor 2.2, 2.8, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 - Yakuza 2.2, 2.7 - JOJO 9
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 05:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ed Cline  

Both of Steve's custom made little stars

If you are truly waiting Ed then I suggest you pack a lunch 'cause it's gonna be a while. :saint:

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Windstruck

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 05:44 AM

What? Windstruck wants to upgrade his quiver? Say it ain't so! :o

Well, since you asked, I want to upgrade my existing (and much loved) RaceStars to all RaceStar+ kites. The "+" part are some semi flexible short vertical stays repeated about every foot and a half or so on the bottom half of the RSs to assist in maintaining the optimal wing geometry under varying loads. My 3m RS+ handles like a charm. OK, it handles like a scalded cat, but what would one expect from a 3m 6:1 AR little devil? Love that kite. It's what AQRs were made for. :evil:

Steffen continues to innovate and improve his kite lines and doesn't shy away from making consistent refinements to his quivers. Enter stage right the NS4 and LS3. I think I'll hold out for the fabled and inevitable RS+2 and then pull the trigger. Daddy wants!

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 11:13 AM

Hey Steve,
My Born order is coming tomorrow. It was paid for on May 15th.
The same thing happened on the last order.
It's worth the wait to be sure, but I hate the wait just the same.
nasa stars are almost here.

Also Ms Daelyn has found me a midi fork for my PL bug. I'll be rolling on midis with 4 new kites.
If I'm dreaming, I hope I am awakened by a strong breeze! :D

Piss. I was just dreaming about the little stars. First they would be perfect for your latest board endeavors, and beside that we both like things no one else has. Conclusion. If I want them I'll have to buy them from your estate :smilegrin:

Flying mostly single skins, with some orphans, the American flag, and a PL buggy. US01
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rtz  
Is that not the PL single skin?

https://www.facebook.com/1650894692/posts/10217479080482843?...

To the best of my knowledge, that's a wing of Blake's own design, hence the comments about copyrights in the comment thread.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
Randy

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 02:01 PM

Haven't got any on my buy list, though the Wingsurfer seems cool. I've been thinking about some builds, maybe a big (8m+ NPW) for light winds and that sort of thing.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 6-25-2019 at 05:58 PM

anything i don't have is in play

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 6-26-2019 at 02:43 PM

The new 19m nasa, in 4 parts. :sniff:
Like the new bridle material, it's the grey stuff, the kite is getting upscale, good job Born.

The bag went from foolishly large (see rage) to cheap and equally useless quasi backpack. The quiver fits one bag.
New tube bags on the way.

Better build than the last go, excited to try the old/new comparison and especially the 7m DFO vs 7m Born offering.

Randy that makes 60.5 m, not counting the hot pink Nasasia i gave away, far away. :cool2:

Randy

[*] posted on 6-26-2019 at 03:48 PM

Wow - you will probably surpassed Windstruck at the guy with the most meters of Born kite. I'm anxious to read your reviews.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 6-27-2019 at 03:58 AM

All together I have more nasa meters than miles on the bug. :barf:
Kites don't equal skill, kites can be bought.

Mr Steve bought some of the best kites first, and outgrew them.
They found their way to NC to retire.

Since Born discontinued the 8,10,12 in the new series (so far) I'm lucky to have them.
Sometimes being bottom feeder isn't so bad. New is nice though.

I'm looking at cleaning up my bar act. Bits and pieces cobbled together from old bars do work somehow... but ugly, butt ugly. I'm thinking shaped bar, finger grips, and consistent safety's and harness loops. 45 55 and 65cm should do it...

Windstruck

[*] posted on 6-27-2019 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ed Cline  
All together I have more nasa meters than miles on the bug. :barf:
Kites don't equal skill, kites can be bought.

Mr Steve bought some of the best kites first, and outgrew them.
They found their way to NC to retire.

Since Born discontinued the 8,10,12 in the new series (so far) I'm lucky to have them.
Sometimes being bottom feeder isn't so bad. New is nice though.

I'm looking at cleaning up my bar act. Bits and pieces cobbled together from old bars do work somehow... but ugly, butt ugly. I'm thinking shaped bar, finger grips, and consistent safety's and harness loops. 45 55 and 65cm should do it...

Along the lines of a nice bar, I'd suggest the Universal Totem bar:

Totem Bar

Comes in two sizes, either adjusting from 40-55cm or 45-60cm.

Along the line of larger NS4s, Steffen tells me they are in development. Not sure just how big he is going to go or timing, but there should be some larger NS4s by and by.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Pablo

[*] posted on 6-30-2019 at 08:05 AM

Next up would be a PL arc, Loved my 16m Venom and the 19m Scorpion. I should never have sold them, I have 3 kids learning to buggy and the ease of flying when they are powered up and the smoothness they deliver would be perfect to get them going with some power behind them.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 6-30-2019 at 04:10 PM

I was afraid of Big Blu but after spending a day with it at JIBE, it's one of my favorite kites. Having that much power at my fingertips was addictive. Even in winds that shouldn't have offered much, it always had plenty. I handed it off to PBC who is one of the best kite pilots I've ever ridden with and he took off and brought it right back. Apparently Blu requires some ballast to hold back so buggy and body weight come into play.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
pbc

Mood: Updated, edited, and published

[*] posted on 7-2-2019 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BeamerBob  
I was afraid of Big Blu but after spending a day with it at JIBE, it's one of my favorite kites. Having that much power at my fingertips was addictive. Even in winds that shouldn't have offered much, it always had plenty. I handed it off to PBC who is one of the best kite pilots I've ever ridden with and he took off and brought it right back. Apparently Blu requires some ballast to hold back so buggy and body weight come into play.

I was happy to have the opportunity, but a supermaxi kite is a lot for a medium weight guy. 12m was all I needed that day.

I fly: Charger II 6.5m * Charger II 8m * Charger II 10m * Scorpion 10 (for sale) * Phantom II 12m * F-Arc 1200 * Venom 13m

I ride: Peter Lynn XR+ on Midis * Flexifoil Midi/Barrow * Peter Lynn Comp on Barrows * Peter Lynn XR+ (needs a fork)

I build: Custom bars for buggy pilots

I write about kite stuff: at http://philipbchase.com

Philip Chase
Wind_dog

Mood: Itchin' for the beach

[*] posted on 7-3-2019 at 10:54 PM

1) More depower control bars and lines.
2) Gin Shaman2 4 meter
3) Gin Shman2 9 meter
4) Dirtboat more stable than a Blokart, but more transportable than a Manta Twin.
First 3 just need $$$$
Last needs a solution.

Always on the steep part of the learning curve.
Gin Shaman2 6m, 12m
Flysurfer Peak1 6m, Peak2 9m,Peak4, 3m
Misc. other kites, never getting out of their bags.
Riding a Libre Fullrace with an AQR on the beach
Riding a Blokart inland when gust factor > 4
And a couple Manta Singles for friends to ride.
Randy

[*] posted on 7-5-2019 at 12:56 PM

Sadly, it is this time of year when it dawns on me that I have more kites and other wind toys than wind to use them with......

NPW Test Pilot -US99
khaakon

Mood: In one of his moods, again..

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 03:19 PM

Or, rather; "what's on your oops I just purchased dunnoifthatwasverysmart :o list"

I just swapped my whole Peak quiver for model 4, this itch just had to be scratched. This is what getting leftover money in my bankaccount does to me, seems I can not do sensible things which also needs money, Whatever. !!

Edit; and reading, among other things, on the now 30 (!!) page Kiteforum tread where the hydrofoilers give the P4 (mostly) lotsa praise, there is many a newfound singleskin lover to be found in this tread, cool runnings :cool::cool2:;

https://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=2401224 end

It is also because the local shop had the P4 8m and 11m lightly used for a nice bargain sum, both of them on the new Connect bar. To get a nice range I also got a new 5m (said to more like 5,5 (?)) with connect bar. Would have wanted to add the 3m to all that, but had to stop there. Can later consider to add it as kite only as its the cheapest and won't represent too much fresh monies. A bit annoying that they also have the P4 4m on sale, but I don't feel it fits into the range- too much of a gap from the 8m...

The whole kaboodle cost me the Norwegian equivalent of 3044 dollars, cheaper even than the 3 kites new from Flysurfer US - 3544 dollars. And dollars are severly pricey over here these days...

There is also a trickle down in effect, my two buddies gets the P2 6m and P3 9 or 12m each. Then I will keep 1 bar and lineset from the P3's, and sell the last P3 kite as kite only.

# Flysurfer Peak 4 /4/5/6/8/11/13m -FS Connect bars # FS P5 6/8m -FS Connect bar
# Flysurfer Speed 5 /9m # Ozone Subzero /7m # 3, 6 & 12m line ext. # Ozone Ignition /2.5m trainerkite
# Sysmic S3 buggy # Black Crows skis
# Underwave Atlantis seat harness w/Dynabar, 2 steel rings sliding on rope # POC helmet & G-Form pads
# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
khaakon

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 03:34 PM

:duh: forgot to mention the reason for the "notverysmart" bit, is that I'm only 1 month into a 3 month kite quarantine, having broken my left arm badly at work. That's gonna be a hard two months, to lay off those kewl kites with all the new tricks and features and stuff.

:) and :(

# Flysurfer Peak 4 /4/5/6/8/11/13m -FS Connect bars # FS P5 6/8m -FS Connect bar
# Flysurfer Speed 5 /9m # Ozone Subzero /7m # 3, 6 & 12m line ext. # Ozone Ignition /2.5m trainerkite
# Underwave Atlantis seat harness w/Dynabar, 2 steel rings sliding on rope # POC helmet & G-Form pads
# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
Windstruck

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 04:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by khaakon  
:duh: forgot to mention the reason for the "notverysmart" bit, is that I'm only 1 month into a 3 month kite quarantine, having broken my left arm badly at work. That's gonna be a hard two months, to lay off those kewl kites with all the new tricks and features and stuff.

:) and :(

Outstanding work all around! When it comes time to pull the trigger on a tiny little DP don't forget the 3.0m RS+:

http://www.born-kite.de/product_info.php?info=p309_race-star...

I've had a blast with this kite.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
khaakon

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 05:50 PM

Thanks Steve!

I haven't even tested the P4 at all, but I do love the Peak kites in general, and the new gen hopefully beats the 3rd gen - which left us a little wanting, you'll remember. Reports are, they have less ear lapse than previously. More stability, less flutter and bar pressure. I am very curious about the new bar, and the windrange of the individual models of the new series.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on any new kites from the Born family, as I've also learned (WWW is such a great teacher, as i can choose exactly what to learn:thumbup: ) that my favorite kites ain't so good upwind. Shock. Eh, maybe not really, but that is where the RS+'s come in as interesting. But then again I just don't know about high AR kites in smaller sizes in particular (too speedy?), and you know also, ..eh.. Flysurfer. Flysurfer Peak. I'm so very used to it, too much probably, it's already (maybe) a problem. Bought an Ozone to weane me off the Peaks a little bit, hasn't been out much but seems very interesting, more like the Speed I got. Not like a Peak, definitely. Winter's better for those dualskins since I dont need that boost yet, in the buggy.

I find it good fun these days, to see many more manufacturers (GIN and Ozone, keep'em coming) try out the SS concept, and I hope, maybe, also u mah bru, get to try out these new skinny's with puffy ears one day. You're also one of the few who could compare them to Born's best, RS+ would surely be a bit different from a Peak 4.

# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
Pablo

[*] posted on 7-15-2019 at 09:56 PM

Just picked up a 2.8m and a 4.4m PL Reactor today(thanks Dirtslide) Had the 4.4 out in 10mph winds, can tell you now, they will be solid additions to the quiver. Can't wait to get them out in the buggy in 15-20 MPH.

Leaves me with one hole left, need to stuff something in the 6.5-7.5 range in a high aspect. I thought long and hard about the new generation of depowerable race kites. Not sold yet, something about a lit up small fixed bridal race kite.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 7-16-2019 at 11:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pablo  
Not sold yet, something about a lit up small fixed bridal race kite.

I was never was a fan of arranged marriage but if you're looking for a fixed bridle kite in that size, I can highly recommend the Crosskite Sonic in 7.5m.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Blitzhound

Mood: I got a sickness, and the only cure is more Buggyin!

[*] posted on 7-16-2019 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pablo  

Leaves me with one hole left, need to stuff something in the 6.5-7.5 range in a high aspect. I thought long and hard about the new generation of depowerable race kites. Not sold yet, something about a lit up small fixed bridal race kite.

I got a 7.8 Vapor that could possibly use a new home.

NAPKA US541
HQ: Beamer V 5.0m,
Best: Bularoo 7m, Waroo 9m, 12m
PKD: Inferno 9m, 12m, 16.5m,
Ozone: SubZero: 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, Access 6m, Pure 6m, Chrono V2 7m, V4 13m, Chrono EXP 7m, 9m, R1V3 21m
Buggies: GT-Revolt, GT-RazR,
Pablo

[*] posted on 7-16-2019 at 08:16 PM

I would love to take you up on that, but having bought 4 nice kites in the last 2 months as well as my buggy, I think if I bring home one more stray I may be looking for a new home myself.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
khaakon

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 01:03 PM

There, got the 4m as well. I just felt I had to pull the trigger now. That 30% offer on demo used could be snapped away anytime by someone else, it has been out on offer for quite some time already. I've made most all of my kite purchases lightly used for nice prices.

When it arrives I can swim in Peak 4's ! Though that's all I can do for another 2 months, no kiting allowed for the broken arm.

Well, then I'll be like a spoiled brat for sure :tumble: - with the 1st time luxury of a large quiver of same kite coherency - whether it's gonna do me any good, I don't know. Yet.

# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio