Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fed up with peter lynn comp. what next?
s0101216

Mood: No Mood.

question.gif posted on 3-20-2004 at 08:04 PM
fed up with peter lynn comp. what next?

I have had a peter lynn comp. since I started buggying 2 years ago and am looking to progress. The PL is ratterly and I find the seat not very supportive.

I like the idea of a race buggy but have started pulling a few stunts in the PL and don't want a buggy that I can only zip up and down in. Any suggestions of a good comprimise?

Thanks

Simon
Lack-O-Slack

Mood: Domestically blissful...

[*] posted on 3-22-2004 at 05:24 PM
Can't be beat for 'freestyle'

While I know there are some European offerings in buggies that I've not seen, in my opinion you can't beat the PL Comp for freestyle (two-wheelies, jumps, spins, standing ride, etc.). I've owned one as my only buggy for years, now, and I upgraded to the suspension axle and deluxe seat with a springboard backrest.

What I would do: purchase a Libra or other strongly-built buggy for speed runs and/or racing, keep the PL Comp for freestyle, and make friends with a good stainless welder (you'll need one) to keep your PL Comp in running order.

-Dooley

Mike \"Lack-O-Slack\" Dooley
\"Nothing is foolproof, to a sufficiently talented fool!\"
s0101216

[*] posted on 3-22-2004 at 06:44 PM

Thanks for the advice. I had been looking a Libre V-Max or somthing like that.

Cheers

Simon
TNT

Mood: heating up!

[*] posted on 3-23-2004 at 05:37 AM

spend a little more and get the Libre Full-Race... well worth the extra dough!
s0101216

[*] posted on 3-23-2004 at 06:31 AM

I had looked at both the full race and the V-Max but couldn't really establish what the real difference was. I have seen a lot of the V-Maxs being used in competition racing. Does the full race out perform the V-Max or is it just more comfortable for the racer and have more adjustments?

Also back to the Peter Lynn's, Everyone says that you need to know a good welder to own one. Are they flexi buggies the same?

Thanks.
TNT

Mood: heating up!

[*] posted on 3-23-2004 at 09:05 AM

To my knowledge, the standard V-max (black frame) is less expensive and has fewer options. The Full-race (blue frame), although part of the same family, is more popular and has more features and accessories.

I've seldom seen a black fram V-max in public. Amost all the Libre buggies around are the blue Full-race.

There is a link to the Libre site on the forum links page.

Regarding Flexi buggies... don't like 'em - never did. In my opinion, they are uncomfortable and don't offer half the performance of the PL Comp.

I bought a PL Comp in 1997, and after years of hard use and constant 2 wheeling, had to reweld a spot on the axel just last year. Cost me about 10 bucks and is holding well.
KYTE SLINGER

Mood: freestyle tactician

[*] posted on 4-5-2004 at 01:07 PM

The Peter Lynns are great buggys and won't break if your fluid with your freestyle tricks;mine is an orig. comp with the same axle on it since new if you never have seen its was the bling-bling blue and polish color @ SBBB

Part of doing tricks is to flow with comming down from 2 wheels...( not to slam the tire down) then from there you would be able to flow into another trick like pitching it into a 180 reverse

apart from changing out bearrings I have to say the seats needs to be bomb proof I been through about 5 seats :( even the new XR seats have weak points in the stiching

My P.L comp is going on 7yrs:?: all of it from freestyle by keeping my gear clean and tight and to try to be fluid with all the tricks and not one crack

there is a new buggy comming out with the same dimensions as the comps Called Hi Tech buggy as soon as I get my hands I'll post a review
erkens

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 2-8-2005 at 04:50 AM

My favorite

BBS Booster BX

Greets Marc

Blade II 4.9 Blade III 6.6 Dominator 2.0 2.6 Tracktion 1.5 3.5 and a BBS Booster BX for a buggie
schorley

Mood: Hmmm…

shocked.gif posted on 9-27-2005 at 01:10 PM

Hi Simon

I just registered to the Power Kite Forum to reply to your message! - Glad I did too!

First off as many people have stated - keep the PL Comp for tricking etc - I have been buggying now for around 10years and have tried many retail and prototype buggies - and NOTHING compares to the manoevrabilty of it - specially when you crank the top tube to the shortest setting (and I'm 6'3"!)

I ONLY use a PL comp (original NZ model - not the Chinese made later ones) because I am not intested in going 'straight-line' fast - I want to go 'wobbly-line' fast - much more fun!

The only thing that broke on my old comp was the rear axle decided it had taken enough abuse from me (jumping off a 10foot seawall) and we decided to part company - just as I landed on the beach…

I have endless fun on my comp gong places and doing things that 'bigger' buggies can only dream of (including gatecrashing a windsurfing championship in France by buggying along a 1/2 mile 45 degree seawall (I see a pattern forming here) and back

Anyhows - for straight line speed I would also go for the Libre Vmax/Full Race / or if cost is no problem have a look at Parastorm and the Peter Lynn monsterbuggy

Enough! - in short go try everyone else's buggies and see what 'feels' rightest (It's a whole new word!)

Speak soon
Mr Steve

:evil:
TangledStrings

Mood: Naturaly High

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 07:24 PM

Im with slinger on this one. I started with a comp, now its my bigfoot and i have a race for the hard stuff. And that buggy is at least 5 years old and still, all in one piece. paint then stripped. And im hard on my gear. The other day i poped a tire. too much slide-ways, and 2 wheel style!!! The noise the buggy makes, is it's way of talking to you!!

FREERIDE!!
Ruudje

[*] posted on 10-7-2005 at 04:34 PM

How about an XXRACER the buggy for champions :singing:
www.xxtreme.nl
cheers Ruudje

lives to short too get bored
Take A look At the NEW xxtreme site
www.xxtreme.nl

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio