Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: JIBE 2019 - April 29 - May 3
3shot

Mood: JIBE Talkin'

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 01:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soliver  
Hey Guys... so my big buggy has a completely messed up wheel... I have been fighting with it since we arrived on Saturday and have finally resolved that there is nothing that I can do while I'm here to make it work. I've tried a bunch of stuff and if I keep up trying to fix it, I'm going to miss out on buggying.

So I've resolved to just use my small PL buggy. I'm posting to ask if anyone would be willing to let me borrow a buggy to hook to my tandem set up to in order to give my kids a few rides

Hey Spencer, what's up with the wheel? Bearing?

Cross Kites Sonic 3, 5m
Ozone Flow 2, 3, 4, 5m
Ace II 4, 5m
NAPKA-US24
4, 5, 6m ATB landsurfer. Custom longboard deck
Buggy: VTT Black Widow v2.0

http://hint.fm/wind/

markite

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 02:10 PM

Ya, Jason and I are here at the JIBE online buggy customer support waiting to take your call so we can feel like we are there.

Mark Groshens NAPKA KC 13
WindSpeed kites & design - Canada
Peter Lynn Arcs: Charger2 22.5 +18 + 15 + 6.5, Charger I 6, Scorpion 16 + 10, Phantom II 12 + 9, Orig Phantom 9 + 6, Synergy 10 + 8, F 1200, S 840
Ocean Rodeo: Flite 17 + 12, Rise 13 + 10 + 7, Razor 9 + 6
Foils: PL Leopards and Lynx, Airea Raptors, some PL Reactor IIs + IIIs, Libre Spirits, Cross Kite Sonics, Ozone Flow
Peter Lynn Kite Cat for cruising the lakes
buggies: PL XR+, Cameleon Pagona, custom bigfoot, PL Bigfoot, custom ice buggy
Boards: 2 custom directionals, O.R Surf series 6-3 and 5-11, Mako Duke, Mako Skinny, Mako 140 Wide, Mako 150 Wide, Mako King, Brunotti
lots of old school skis, snowboard
3shot

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 02:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by markite  
Ya, Jason and I are here at the JIBE online buggy customer support waiting to take your call so we can feel like we are there.

Sure are Mark. Man I miss those tide pool splashes, DQ Ice cream cones, friends dinner, and of course the Faux pineapple/ jalapeno beers...

Cross Kites Sonic 3, 5m
Ozone Flow 2, 3, 4, 5m
Ace II 4, 5m
NAPKA-US24

BeamerBob

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 02:39 PM

Today was a one kite day, but it's the biggest I've ever flown. Big Blu rides again. I was scared to even launch it but it just curled up off the ground and eased up to zenith like it knew what was up. It turns very slow and sometimes not at all. Many times I had to reach up and grab a leader to change its direction because I couldn't stand to power it up more. LOADS of torque. It would be slow to power up from a standstill and then whoosh, the lines are singing. At any time once moving, I could induce side slide with a nudge on the bar. Always reserve in the tank. But this is no pig. I got 31.8 mph out of her and that could've been higher with miles to run on open beach. Several people commented on how huge it was but when they would stand beside me and look up at it, it looked like any midsize arc.
The fabric is something special too. This kite folds up into a 13m Scorpion bag. I likely won't part with this one unless I get too old to fly it.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 04:24 PM

Very Cool Bobby!

" slow to turn and sometimes not at all "
I love that description!

Now try and picture doing that on skis and hard water!

What was the wind speed?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 04:31 PM

Others might help with wind speed but I'd guess not much more than 10 mph. Just noticed I got 32 miles in today.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 05:32 PM

Dang I want to get my buggy on and hang with you guys right now! Spencer - I hope your wheel deal gets worked out.

Live from the back seat of a yellow cab stuck in airport bound traffic in Vancouver, BC. A shout out to K2; too busy this trip to reach out (again). Your neck of the woods never disappoints.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
markite

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 06:51 PM

Thanks for the update Bobby, I can see you riding with that story
I often use my 22.5 Charger II with the kite cat and have 10m extensions on the lines to put it high and it still needs a yank on the outside leader if I want to tighten the turn...and it's not nearly as light as big blue

Peter Lynn Arcs: Charger2 22.5 +18 + 15 + 6.5, Charger I 6, Scorpion 16 + 10, Phantom II 12 + 9, Orig Phantom 9 + 6, Synergy 10 + 8, F 1200, S 840
Foils: PL Leopards and Lynx, Airea Raptors, some PL Reactor IIs + IIIs, Libre Spirits, Cross Kite Sonics, Ozone Flow
Boards: 2 custom directionals, O.R Surf series 6-3 and 5-11, Mako Duke, Mako Skinny, Mako 140 Wide, Mako 150 Wide, Mako King, Brunotti
mougl

Mood: Stoked for JIBE!!!

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 07:10 PM

Seeing Big Blu in person was awesome!! That kite is beautiful and looks majestic in the air. I was on the 11m Frenzy UL all day and wished I had more kite. Bobby was getting some miles on the buggy with big blu seemingly effortlessly. I really had to work that Frenzy to get to speed but Bob just seemed to float on by. For sure a sight to behold!

US357
PB: 53.1 mph

Randy

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 07:24 PM

IKitesurf showed winds 10 to 14 pretty much due east. 3 kite day for me 5.0 and 3.75 NPW 21's and my 4m round flex kite. Got my fastest speed with the smallest one but by far the 4m was the best. Much easier going north with it. I wasn't super fast but best day ever for me. 2nd best day ever was yesterday. :thumbup::thumbup:

NPW Test Pilot -US99
soliver

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by markite  

I hope you got out riding Spencer (and not just because I'm eager for minute by minute updates). Curious what the problem is and why it's tough to resolve there if you picked up a hub/wheel to swap out. Bearing issue? mounting the tire issue? incompatible sizes? or just totally messed up and don't want to talk about it.

Quote: Originally posted by 3shot  

Hey Spencer, what's up with the wheel? Bearing?

One of my rims cracked... Its been slightly cracked for a while, but having a tube in there it hasn't been a problem for a couple of years now... It finally gave up the ghost on route to JI and split completely in half.

JimSSI was kind enough to give me 2 spares that he had, but one of them cracked while trying to seat the bead and the other just for some reason would not allow the bead to seat properly and it wouldn't hold air, and I have already broken 2 brand new tubes... its time to call a spade a spade and give that up. I even spent about 2 hrs with the repair guy at red bug motors with him trying to help set the bead... Got to drive on the runway, so that was kinda cool.

SO... fortunately as you may know, I have 2 buggies and brought both for giving the kids tandem rides, so today I took the tandem rig off and rode the PL Frankenbuggy. ... I got to the beach late because we went to the brand spankin' new Jekyll Mosaic museum and took a 90 minute trolley tour of the historic district... very very cool! We enjoyed it immensely in spite of the expense.

I did hit 21 mph with the 6m Peak in pretty light winds, so I consider it a good day.

As soon as I finish this post, I'll go out and take the barrows off the Frankenbuggy and put them on the Stinger so I can ride the big buggy tomorrow ... I added 6" extensions to the side rails to lengthen it and it looks even more bad@55 ... plus its WAY more comfy and ... fast-looking :lol:.

I'm going to take a nap now
acampbell

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 08:46 PM

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
markite

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 06:18 AM

Angus, turtle tracks?

acampbell

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 07:07 AM

Ok gang. Put down your coffee and zip up your shorts. Wind is dead onshore 7-10 and building. I am set up with blue tent but have to leave forward short while to help a camp neighbor move his RV a short distance. Set up near my stuff. My kites are still in the truck. See you soon

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
912-577-3920 new number

acampbell

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 07:09 AM

And there is cold water in my cooler. Help yourself

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
912-577-3920 new number

BeamerBob

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 03:17 PM

Epic day today! Speed is fun but it's all relative. The one thing that makes a day epic is riding in close proximity when everyone has similar power. It makes a dramatic sight on the beach as well. It makes cameras come out. It doesn't matter if the speeds are 60 or 20. Today they were 30ish. It was demoknight, deanaoxo, and I at first, then mougl jumped in. There was one time we were lit running south with 4 of us really close and up ahead there were two more coming at us head to head. Everyone did the right thing which is usually nothing, and we all just passed by each other like we'd been planning it for a week. Thanks for a day I won't forget guys.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
soliver

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 03:26 PM

Great day today guys! I got the barrows off the PL buggy and put them on the Stinger... winds were somewhere between 10 & 14 mph I think ... I had up the big green 12m Peak 2 and had a grand old time running between the Pavilion and the Holiday Inn: hit 24.8 mph.

At one point there was a flock of 4 of us on that track; Errol, Bobby, (maybe Philip or Dean) and myself... it was pretty cool running with the big boys!... or at least in close proximity to them :lol:

Deffo played chase with Philip a little... he's got mad skills for sure!

Indeed, a great day!

soliver

[*] posted on 5-2-2019 at 03:57 PM

Hit a new PB today just before the rain... Had up the 6m P1 and did 30.5 mph just north of the tidal warning sign... Finally broke 30!!!

Great day in spite of it being short due to rain... Not sure if I'll be riding tomorrow or not, but I may try... If I don't see you before you head home, it was great to see you all and travel safe!

BeamerBob

[*] posted on 5-2-2019 at 06:26 PM

Another banner JIBE day. Two trips to the northern tip today with a speed pb of the week rounding the tip. It's like a little obstacle course going up there and so much fun. Best beach surface to be found once you get through the pointy bits. I have some pictures of demoknight pic and I up there. I'll get them posted after I get home. It was great to get to know people better that I met only last year. Just like anywhere, the location can be great but is made better by great people. We are lucky to have such a great community.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
Randy

[*] posted on 5-2-2019 at 07:21 PM

Best JIBE ever for me (and every single one has been great). In 4 days I covered more than 75 miles of sand and water usually out riding from about 3 hours before low tide till a couple after, though I did cut it short today. Probably a good thing to as I was totally wiped out by 1:30. I had hoped to make it upwind to base camp again today, but I was finding it harder to get up wind. Saw lots of familiar faces and met some new folks as well. And I scored a couple great t-shirts. I'll post more later but for now thanks to Angus, NAPKA and everyone in attendance at the event.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
markite

[*] posted on 5-2-2019 at 07:40 PM

awesome updates everyone -those of us that missed it appreciate the stories.

Did Dean manage to get his buggy repaired? saw he posted a busted fork to down tube weld

Anyone get a pic of the t-shirt design for this year?

3shot

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 05:59 AM

Thanks for the updates everyone. Sound like it was an amazing week! Miss my kite family. Jibe 2020

Cross Kites Sonic 3, 5m
Ozone Flow 2, 3, 4, 5m
Ace II 4, 5m
NAPKA-US24

jrhook

Mood: skeptical yet hopeful...thnx Ines

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 06:03 AM

some early boarding action at JIBE 2019...wish we all could have stayed longer.
https://youtu.be/SNEWijFvwZQ

US83
PL Hornet 2m with permission
Flexifoil Rage 3.5 & 4.7
Peak 3 12m
MBS Comp 95 & Michelin Man Padding
Randy

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 10:54 AM

Nice video! Great to have some stuff to help us remember it. I'm working on some video myself, but it may take a while.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
jrhook

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Randy  
Nice video! Great to have some stuff to help us remember it. I'm working on some video myself, but it may take a while.

A couple years ago, we set up a google drive link to share video files, which was cool.

US83
Flexifoil Rage 3.5 & 4.7
Peak 3 12m
mougl

Mood: Stoked for JIBE!!!

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 11:34 AM

Great video!!!

US357
PB: 53.1 mph

jrhook

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 12:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mougl  
Great video!!!

Thanks Scott, miles of great riding! Miles of great video to play with...JIBE was heavenly for me! Miss y'all already...

US83
Flexifoil Rage 3.5 & 4.7
Peak 3 12m
Randy

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 04:59 PM

Here is a video my wife shot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxAPHeRHFqW/

NPW Test Pilot -US99
mystainedskin

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 08:56 PM

Great fun everyone! I have been anxious for the event since last year. :) Awesome actually riding with everyone...finally.
3 days of just awesome riding and weather followed by 2 challenging ones, but that's fun also.:thumbup:
See those that are left on the beach tomorrow..

NAPKA #US904
Viper/ 2.6 Viper S/ 3.9/5.3
Peter Lynn Phantom 6/9/9/12/15/18
Peter Lynn Venom 13
Peter Lynn XR+
Peter Lynn Drifter
Mg Edge
Elliot Virus
TEDWESLEY

Mood: cat-like,I stalk the wind, finding little, I nap.

[*] posted on 5-4-2019 at 06:43 AM

Big thanks to Angus! It was great to have him spend some real time in the buggy with us as it should be. A thankful nod to the weather
mother who provided the best four days in a row we've had in my memory. Great riding with all of you, and a shout out to those who
couldn't make it; you were truly missed.
A gift from the hurricane; the north end run is a piece of cake as a lot of sand was deposited over the pointy bits leaving a highway
to the driftwood and north beach. We were running full out where picking through the rocks had been the norm. There were tide pools
the entire length of the beach for a cool or fool splash. Care was needed when approaching A drainage channel as some were steep and deep. but what FUN! There were times when every type and size of kite were flying together from "Big Blue" to Randy's eclectic quiver
of interesting creations. You know the wind is great when there are 3M and 20m kites flying the same beach.
Next years dates are being determined. You don't want to miss it!

Reactors 2.8 3.5 6.9
Peaks 4m 6m 12m
HQ Neo2 11m Ozone Chrono V2 15m WASP 5m
Flexi wide axle w/mids and runners
Skis Nordic skates and winter stuff
Quatro Wing Foilboard Slingshot Foils
NAPKA US06
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio