Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Look Ma - no back axle !!
khaakon

Mood: In one of his moods, again..

shocked.gif posted on 5-10-2018 at 11:35 AM
Look Ma - no back axle !!

I just really wanted to show you guys this homemade buggy. It can be taken apart for easy transportation, the struts for the rear wheels comes off the siderails, and also the gooseneck (*or was it swan ..?) front slides out through a square pipe thats welded to the siderails, and the rear wheels comes off via the quickrelease shown in the detail picture. It all packs down to a really handy size and can be thrown into the back of a normal car easily.
:o And ... Yes !! - It even has front disc brake !! Operated with the paddle on the right foot as seen in the detail photo of the front wheel. :thumbup:

The engineer behind this is our good friend Victor, who we meet every now and then on our local kiting field 'Ekebergsletta' in Oslo, Norway. Victor is from Lituania and barely speaks Norwegian or English, so we have to use much sign language and keep the conversation quite basic every time we meet, unfortunately - because Victor is a very smart guy and i certainly wish we could talk about every detail in his builds. This is like the 5th or 6th (or even more) number of his homemade buggys, he's even made similar stuff with skates for kiting on ice, which I only seen on pictures on his phone. The man is a crafty genius, today he told me he wants to make a dirtsurfer with electric drive, detachable, so it also can be used for kiting. I told him to take it easy so he doesn't have any accidents while trying out his inventions, but I'm not sure he cares too much. He's a very smooth and accomplished rider, in the recent past 2 years he's been upgrading his quiver with deluxe kites like FS sonic 15 and most recently a FS speed 4 lotus 8. He is always in a good mood and a very friendly person, willingly letting us test his gear, and sharing his knowledge to the best of his (language) abilities.

He's trying now to get a website up and running with the help from his son. I got the understanding today that he might be making buggys for sale in the near future !!

He showed me a video from the internet with the title Vbugga, but to the best of my internet search abilities, I couldn't find any such thing from my home computer. :puzzled:

# Flysurfer Peak 4 /4/5/6/8/11/13m -FS Connect bars # FS P5 6/8m -FS Connect bar
# Flysurfer Speed 5 /9m # Ozone Subzero /7m # 3, 6 & 12m line ext. # Ozone Ignition /2.5m trainerkite
# Sysmic S3 buggy # Black Crows skis
# Underwave Atlantis seat harness w/Dynabar, 2 steel rings sliding on rope # POC helmet & G-Form pads
# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 02:40 PM

everyone need a friend like Victor:thumbup::thumbup:
cool bug really looks combat ready...love the distressed looking front fork:thumbup::thumbup:

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 04:25 PM

Heja Norge!

Sweet ride. Agree with Abk - cool looking and ready for anything. Get that Humvee out on a Playa! :thumbup:

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
khaakon

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 04:35 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately, today, he had to leave before I could try out this buggy with a brake, which seems kinda unique to me. I also haven't the wits about me to get his email address so I could send him the link to this tread. :( I really should, though I told him I would post the pictures on PKF, but I am not even sure if he's a regular visitor even though I (tried to) mention several times my love for this forum.

I will post a linky to his whereabouts on the interwebs if I get hold of that.

Here's an earlier version of this type buggy, my friend on the right actually broke it :rolleyes:, due to it having only 1 millimeter sidewalls in the pipes. This new version is more sturdy with 2mm I think. Victor cuts and bends and welds everything himself, and keeps costs low by choosing reasonably cheap parts and materials. His paid job is something with solar heated vacuum pipes something-something (solriti.com).

Also, check out his VW caddy here with a full size espresso machine in the back :o:thumbup::thumbup::cool::D

Earlier.jpg - 138kB

g_2.jpg - 175kB

# Flysurfer Peak 4 /4/5/6/8/11/13m -FS Connect bars # FS P5 6/8m -FS Connect bar
# Flysurfer Speed 5 /9m # Ozone Subzero /7m # 3, 6 & 12m line ext. # Ozone Ignition /2.5m trainerkite
# Underwave Atlantis seat harness w/Dynabar, 2 steel rings sliding on rope # POC helmet & G-Form pads
# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
khaakon

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 04:54 PM

Nothing even closely resembling a Playa here in Norway, I am sad to report. Me and my buggy breaking friend (Lasse - he actually got a dinky Radsails Eolo buggy second hand, which unbelievably has survived two season so far) had a really nice trip to Fanoe /Roemoe in Denmark last september though. I know Victor would really like to get there as well, but his vacations is mostly back in Lithuania I think.

# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
Ed Cline

Mood: Truth, Justice, and The American Way.

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 04:57 PM

Thanks for showing us a little home brew.
Mr Victor is a very clever mechanic!
What's on top of the little van? Solar?

Flying mostly single skins, with some orphans, the American flag, and a PL buggy. US01
khaakon

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 05:05 PM

I think he said its some kind of solar heated vacuum tubes, I am not sure if it is in production or just in proto stadium.

All I can relay is : Solriti.com

# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
Chook

Mood: I work at home from 8.00am to 12 knots

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 05:33 PM

Vacuum tube hot water for the coffee van. Very effective hot water systems in cold climates.

Hey well done sharing this link. I love people that think outside the square and then put it into practice.

Modified Sysmic S2 Buggys
7m R1
8m R1 2
11m R1
15m R1
15m Chrono 2
18m Chrono
18m ELF
D Cheek

Mood: Still addicted

[*] posted on 5-10-2018 at 07:58 PM

Chinese have been using those solar water heaters for years.
I'll take 2 Splenda's please and 1/2 & 1/2.

So many feathers on this buggy. I like the brake setup. Quick change wheels and tires, Pull the pin. BAM, put on your BF's, and ride.

NAPKA US 47

Too much stuff.
Ivanpah with Big Kid mods and AQR.
1.8m Beamer 2.5m Beamer
3.5m ZebraZ 2, 4.3m Zebra Z2, 6m Zebra Z2,
Zebra 4.0m Checka, 10m Zebra Z1 on the way.
4.0m Ozone Access DP foil prototype
Wipeka 5.6m DP
8.6m PL Reactor
A- 9-12-16m DP's not flown yet. Like foils better
Other junk and stuff for kite fun and RC.
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 5-11-2018 at 08:36 AM

Some may remember Dean's buggy.... ?

Just to compare:

khaakon

[*] posted on 10-14-2018 at 01:00 PM

I've showed Victor images of this beauty you mention here, Ski. He hadn't seen it before he made his own types I'm sure, he was very enthusiastic about the looks of this unique build.

I just checked - and yes it seems he's getting closer to working website for Vbugga.

https://www.vbugga.com/

Looking at the video, I must say Aurelio (his son, I think) really got some editing skills he wants to show off. Hopefully there'll also be products available, if anyone's particularly keen, drop him an email and see what happens. I met him today on his homebuilt dirtsurfer, now with 1kW motordrive on the rear wheel. Didn't get around to take any pictures unforunately, 'cause I had my kite up so we just had a quick chat. This very active bloke now also does paragliding. He's crazy and I reallyreally like that. :-)

# DJI Mini3 pro Drone

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio