Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help!! Big foot buggy blow out.
Anthonyshopguy

Mood: Getting better

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 02:21 PM
Help!! Big foot buggy blow out.

Folks I accidentally over-inflated my Bigfoot buggy rear wheels, blowing the rim/hub:( to pieces. I'm looking for a Bigfoot buggy rear rim with the 20 mm axle shaft bearings if anybody has an extra one you can bring to IBX I'll buy it from you.:(

Flysurfer Soul 21m, Cabrinha Contra 17m, Slingshot Turbine 15m, Best Waroo 13 m, Peter lynn escape 11, Best Nemisis 9, Best Waroo 7m(brought back to life for IBX 2018, Ozone frenzy 11(Franken kite), HQ apex 6.5 (died IBX 2018 fly in peace) , several TT' s, SB's, PL Bigfoot XT, 600 Polaris snowmobile to get me there!
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 04:01 PM

It's a standard 2.5" plastic rim. I have one extra but it is 12mm.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 04:36 PM

Anthony,

As we spoke about earlier this afternoon I will bring my second set of Sysmic/BigFoots on Monday and you are welcome to use them through Friday. Sadly (for you) I will not sell these to you. They are my "beach setup" and I'm keeping them. I will be rolling at IBX on Sysmic rims with trailer tires.

I have some spacer washers that I'll bring with me that will take up the extra length of your longer 20mm bolts. One thing I don't have are two smaller washers that would go right next to the bearing. The larger spacer washers will rub without a little spacer washer that fits over the 20 mm bolts. I'll see if I can pick up a couple before I head down.

This is the condition of the setup when I bought them from Tami. I assume this picture was taken in the morning since several of the beer bottles appear to still have beer in them. :evil:

[img][/img]

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
ColinW

[*] posted on 3-29-2018 at 09:24 PM

I have a full set of 20mm plastic rims with barrows installed that I brought down in case the Libre disc wheel wobble was a problem.
I have no way to change a tire, but you are welcome to use what you need until Thursday, or longer if you want to ship it to me or meet me at sobb.
I'm in the red Chevy crew cab.
Colin
Anthonyshopguy

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 07:47 AM

Thanks for again for all the help. We will be there this afternoon. I was suggested to checkout atv shop. Which I will also do. Steve I'm still planning on using your wheels, just trying to figure out a permanent solution. Again thanks everyone. Bobby is the size difference the bearings? We could easily change those.

Flysurfer Soul 21m, Cabrinha Contra 17m, Slingshot Turbine 15m, Best Waroo 13 m, Peter lynn escape 11, Best Nemisis 9, Best Waroo 7m(brought back to life for IBX 2018, Ozone frenzy 11(Franken kite), HQ apex 6.5 (died IBX 2018 fly in peace) , several TT' s, SB's, PL Bigfoot XT, 600 Polaris snowmobile to get me there!
Windstruck

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 09:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Anthonyshopguy  

...just trying to figure out a permanent solution.

Here's your permanent solution:

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=34110#pid32...

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 09:24 AM

If you have what I think you have, they are 21x12x8 tires on 2.5" rims. You were asking for Bigfoot wheels which are the same as barrow or midi setups. I didn't want possible solutions to be skipped over thinking they weren't the right thing.

Your tires will mount on wheels that are the aluminum 4" or aluminum or plastic 8" wide rims also. My beach setup has your tires on 8" asymmetric rims on the back and an 8" symmetrical rim for front.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Windstruck

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 11:05 AM

I had to make a Home Depot run today so I picked up the washers you may need to use your 20mm bolts with my rims. Maybe I'm off base on this one but I seem to remember when I switched from plastic PL rims to metal Sysmics that my original 20mm bolts were too long. Van sent me new shorter ones. What I will be bringing are three BF tires mounted on Sysmic rims and washers that are sized correctly to fit between the bolt heads and the bearing. The innermost washers are narrow in profile to set properly against the bearing without binding them up while the rest are wider to just take up bolt length.

I'm pretty sure these will work for your rear tires. For the front I'm not so sure as the rims have 20mm bearings and I don't have extra ones of those little bearing inserts that bring the hole down to 15 or 12mm depending on the size of your front axle bolt. You may have those parts or others may or maybe worst case you run two Sysmics in the back and one of your originals up front. I'm sure collectively the tribe will get this all to work.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Anthonyshopguy

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 02:38 PM

Thanks for your help. I did make an arrangement with Van in Houston. He's got it in the mail with Monday delivery to Wild Bills care of Beamer Bob. So if your efforts turn out to be in vain fear not, a just payment for help rendered will be received.:thumbup::D

Windstruck

[*] posted on 3-30-2018 at 03:40 PM

Thanks for your help. I did make an arrangement with Van in Houston. He's got it in the mail with Monday delivery to Wild Bills care of Beamer Bob. So if your efforts turn out to be in vain fear not, a just payment for help rendered will be received.:thumbup::D

Most excellent!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I've truly enjoyed working with Van over the years. He made me a fantastic rail and seat upgrade for my PL BigFoot+ buggy that literally transformed it. Night and day difference in comfort and security. You will LOVE your Sysmic rims. While they are obviously serious bling they are a legit performance upgrade.

Did you get new bolts? I believe the Sysmic rims are a little narrower than standard PL BF rims and you may end up with too long bolts. Not to fear, I've got the washers to gap you, but you'll want the right size for the long haul.

Glad this is working out.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Anthonyshopguy

[*] posted on 4-2-2018 at 09:50 PM

Thanks everyone for getting me back on the playa.

Windstruck

[*] posted on 4-3-2018 at 04:31 AM

Thanks everyone for getting me back on the playa.

Glad that worked out yesterday. Great meeting you yesterday. That water was a lifesaver. Great winds at the end of the day!

Born-Kites:
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio