Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: power kite
steve roake

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 02:27 PM
power kite

i hope this is okay to post .Im a brit, based 30 miles south of london UK who flies cloudhopper balloons and when we can't fly balloons id like to get a 3-4m power kite to publicise my website .
However here is the twist . I want it to be all Yellow , with no branding because i want to put my branding Cloudhoppers.org on it. Perhaps just the word on the top surface in my font but the name and my logo below.

could someone put me in touch with anyone who might like to do this for me.

thanks in advance Steve
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 05:25 PM

You may be able to work something out at a reasonable cost from Pansh kites. They allow you to pick your own colours for some of their kites?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 05:31 PM

I expect this is where you want to start:

https://ozonekites.com/info/custom-kites/

The closest dealer to London UK to help with the logistics and ordering would be:

The Kite Experts
Max Smith
Email: direct2hell@gmail.com; kieron@thekiteexperts.com
Web Site: www.thekiteexperts.com
Tel: +44 7770333033
Mobile: +44 7770333033

Instead of going for a blank kite, haven them do the branding for you, either applique or silkscreen. It will look much better than having the branding retrofitted. Durability & color-fastness will likely be better too.

They can do foils or LEIs.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
ssayre

[*] posted on 10-11-2017 at 08:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by indigo_wolf  

The Kite Experts
Max Smith
Email: direct2hell@gmail.com

lol. the email. :D
jimbocz

[*] posted on 10-12-2017 at 01:54 AM

Do you actually want a powerkite (kite with 2 or 4 lines that someone has to actually fly the whole time as it darts around the sky and people don't pay much attention to what's written on it) or are you looking for a static display? That would be something like a single line sled kite that you would launch and then tie off. You can hang all kinds of advertising banners or whatever from those and they can stay in the air all day.

If it's the first, a second option if The kite experts no longer exists is powerkiteshop.com. They are probably the biggest ozone dealers in the UK and can most likely sort out some kind of special order for a custom yellow kite.

A third option might be to sew the kite yourself, there are plenty of online plans for NSA single skin kites online. They are pretty easy to make and this will be the cheapest option by far. It should be easy to sew your logo on.

If you are looking for single line static display kites, you'll have to Google that. Just like balloon festivals, there's a whole schedule of kite festivals where the static display guys all show up at and they can probably talk your ears off about where you can get display kites. Try http://www.kitecalendar.co.uk/ to find one near you or look at the websites to see who the sponsors are. I'd bet that if you set up a stand at one of those festivals you would get a lot of interest.

Finally, wasn't somebody here selling a giant display kite with a bunch of letters designed to hang below it? Big Kid? Even if you have to ship it from America, it could be a good deal.

Hope this helps
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 10-12-2017 at 05:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jimbocz  

Finally, wasn't somebody here selling a giant display kite with a bunch of letters designed to hang below it? Big Kid? Even if you have to ship it from America, it could be a good deal.

Hope this helps

Just a caveat.... that's going back a bit if we are thinking of the same thing. End of 2012, to be exact.

Seller was Blake from "In The Air Ads"

The original sales thread is here:

Single Line Kite Stuff For Sale! BIZ OPP

Sample pic of one of his kites can be found here.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio