Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Favorite ARC on the water
AD72

[*] posted on 9-10-2017 at 09:19 PM
Favorite ARC on the water

What is your favorite Peter Lynn ARC kite on the water? I dusted off member Flexiblade's 12M Phantom and Kiteboarded with it the other day. It was fun but was definitely not as fast or high jumping as my Ozone Edges. There is just something nice about flying the ARC. Maybe it is nostalgia. I love the stability at 12:00. I want to learn to foilboard next and want to try out the Phantoms again on the water. I remember my 9M was awesome in the buggy how it would get faster with apparent wind. I think with a foilboard it would be really fun. It has been a long time since I posted here. Cheers
AD72
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 07:53 AM

I bet the Phantoms would do well on a foil board. Good to hear from you!

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
gemini6kl

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 08:38 AM

I owened a gurella 2 back in the day. Great kite then but no match for todays kites . However Im looking for a 9m phantom in decent condition to buy just for that retro feeling.
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 02:13 PM

When I think of arcs and water I automatically think of AJ.

R.I.P..

Just a guess but I bet the 1600 F arc and foil board would make a sweet pair?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Feyd

[*] posted on 9-12-2017 at 04:42 AM

F-Arcs are the closest in performance to what most modern kites in use with foil boards are. Very similar in feel to Ozone R1 or original Chrono V1. The biggest difference is the downwind performance. The F-arcs need a good amount of speed before you make downwind compared to modern high AR foils. But it's something that can be managed.

The 1600 is more stable than most modern kites. Which is good because if you set it down in the water, you aren't likely to get it back in the air without a lot of wind and luck. It's simply too long and when you do all the normal things that one does to get a kite in the air, the wing tips just move around while the bulk of the kite just sits there.

Mocking you. :P

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
www.hardwaterkiter.com 603-986-2784
Suds after thuds

Mood: island time

[*] posted on 9-12-2017 at 02:24 PM

I've been f-arcing mocked everytime I've tried to put my 1600 up in the air. The 1200 has given me some fun days on land, but I'd want hardwater under my boots with either of them. I added the recommended pigtail lengths to both kites, but was only able to tune the smaller one.

I loved the grunt, float and range my Charger I had. Unfortunately, it didn't survive me learning to ride strapless. I came unhooked, got yanked and didn't let go of the bar until after I heard it pop on the surface. Got no underwater flying skills. Luckily, self rescue was pretty easy, but once I reached the shore, getting a water logged arc out of the ocean blew chunks. One day I'll get a sewing machine and turn it into a II, or an awning. I chose this kite to cut my teeth on the water after some tube lessons. It had a zippy anti-auto zenith motto: have kite will hunt.

Scout II 4m
Montana VI 9.5m
Matrix 15m
F-arcs 1200 & 1600
Pulse 13m
Ozone Reo 8m
LF Envy 12m

Ground Industries Patrol 106
12.5" DOOM wheels
Crazyfly Shox 136 x42
North Nugget TT 5'2"
AD72

[*] posted on 9-14-2017 at 09:36 PM

I was thinking that the one downside would be having to relaunch from the water. It would suck to be miles upwind from the beach and have an unrecoverable crash. Soggy wet noodle bowtie :(
I came about a half a foot from the water a couple of times with the phantom doing downloops. Those were pucker moments.
I had a 13M Venom I that was great on the water. I never got to try a Charger. I heard that it did the hunting at 12.
Feyd

[*] posted on 9-15-2017 at 08:34 AM

The Charger 1 was a different animal. Handling very much like a LEI in terms of turn rate but at the cost of some Autozenith. For my tastes a fair trade. Then there were the affected units that just flew really bad. The Charger 2 has more of the stability that arcs are known for but not like a Venom IMO.

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
www.hardwaterkiter.com 603-986-2784
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 9-15-2017 at 01:48 PM

The only time I took my Farc on water after a crash I got stuck with water in it. The bottom tip just wouldn't lift out of the water to drain.

I agree that crashing one would end on self rescue 99% of the time.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio