Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need food ideas
rtz

[*] posted on 9-4-2017 at 07:00 PM
Need food ideas

Heres a short list of items that I dont eat and never have. If I could stomach these things; it sure would make my life easier:

Spam
Sardines
Those little glass jars with the miniature sausages
Tuna

At this point in my life; I just cant do it.

Looking for ideas on food that is ready to eat(no meal prep) and at most requires no more then a cooler for storage.

I hate having to pack up my gear and leave the lake for lunch and dinner. I want to drive out there; park; and thats that for the day.

What kind of food items do you know of that are good to bring along to get you through the day?

Sting 1.7, 2.4 - Flow 2, 3, 4, 5 - Reactor 2.2, 2.8, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 - Yakuza 2.2, 2.7 - JOJO 9
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 9-4-2017 at 11:30 PM

If you are bringing along something like a Igloo MaxCold Cooler or even a Yeti if you want to spend the bucks and a supply of reusable blue ice blocks, you could pretty much bring anything you wanted to.

Cold cut based sandwiches or heroes.
Rotisserie Chicken or Turkey
Pasta salads

Basically anything you could see yourself raiding the fridge for at 3:00 in the morning for.

If you don't want to mess with the cooler, you could bring along some bread and see if you are alright with any of the Underwood meat spreads (http://www.underwoodspreads.com/products/). Think of these as the lesser know un-SPAMs. ;) Keep them in their tins until you are ready to eat and no refrigeration needed.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
B-Roc

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 09:16 AM

Go to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. There are plenty of meal bars and meal replacement drinks or powders in a variety of flavors, protein and calorie levels. I use them when I travel internationally to countries that don't agree with my dietary preferences or on occasions when I know I won't be able to get to any place that serves meals in a reasonable time.

Depower Quiver: 14m Gin Eskimo, 10m Gin Eskimo III, 6m Gin Yeti, 4.5m Gin Yeti (custom bridle and mixer)
Fixed Bridle Quiver: MAC Bego 400, JOJO ET Instinct 2.5 & 5.5, Lil Devil 1.5, Sting 1.2
Rides: Ground Industries
ssayre

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 09:44 AM

seems like an odd question. cold cuts or peanut butter and jelly or beef jerky seem like obvious solutions. cold fried chicken is always great as well. Oddly enough, the other items you mentioned would have never crossed my mind. :P
ssayre

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 11:11 AM

a portable gas grill or even a Coleman stove could expand your possibilities if you have the time.

With a stove and water you could heat up the mre type meals that the outdoors stores sell. Some of those are pretty decent and would still be a simple minimilast approach if that's the goal. A good hot meal would be more satisfying than any cold options imo.
hiaguy

Mood: Counting the days, and we're almost there

[*] posted on 9-5-2017 at 12:45 PM

Your short-list of never-hads goes for me too. Why would anyone eat that stuff if they didn't have to :megan: ?

I opt for a big breakfast before I head out, and a bag of trail mix (from the local dollar store - I'm too cheap for GNC) to keep me going through most of the day.

If I think I'll need more than that, good ol' PB&J (strawberry please) is my go-to, but ham & cheese'll do the trick too. Both of them last a few hours without refridgeration and fill the gap well enough. Other than that: water while I'm flying, beer once everythings packed up.

It's a simple diet, but it works for me :wee:

Go ahead... tell me to "go fly a kite!" Please!

Howard KC67 NAPKA District #12 Representative
Fly: A quiver of Lynx' and Cores (did someone say "Pansh"?), a couple o' Arcs, and a Rev to remind me about control
Ride: PL XR+
Where: 43.857899, -78.941661 and 38.970951, -74.828922
Demoknight

Mood: ADIDAK

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 10:56 AM

Pimento cheese sammiches! Ham and cheese with mayo and mustard. PB&J sammiches. Basically sammiches.

NAPKA US8008

Kites:

Ozone R1 V3 7m
Flysurfer Sonic v3 15m
Flysurfer Speed 3 Deluxe 19m
Peter Lynn Charger 2 12m
Ozone Access Reride 6m
Peter Lynn 2013 Reactor 5.5m
Peter Lynn 2013 Reactor 8.6m
Prism Tensor 5.0m

Ride:
GT-Race Code:R6
Weird Beard VTT Custom
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 12:37 PM

corn nuts

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 01:39 PM

Jerky and nuts are standby favorites. High in protein and fats for staying satiated. If you're near Ivanpah then you can stock up "Alien Jerky". Yum!

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
adambweird

[*] posted on 9-11-2017 at 04:26 PM

Im partial to the Cliff Bar Berry Pomegranate Chia bars and Kroger brand trail mix. Both are quite tastey, available at Krogers and wont break the wallet.

HQ: Symphony Beach 1.3, 2.2.4, Crossfire II 5m, Apex II 5m
Peter Lynn: Pepper II 3m, Venom II 13M
Born: NS3 4m, 7m. NS2 5.5m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio