Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Roemoe island - SW Denmark - september
khaakon

Mood: In one of his moods, again..

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 09:13 AM
Roemoe island - SW Denmark - september

I am going to go to Roemoe (can't use scandinavian characters 'cause they blank out the post) island in SW Denmark in the beginning of September, to experience for the first time riding my buggy on a beach and flying my kites on coastal winds. I am curious to hear if there's anyone on the forums who's been there, who has any advice related to accomodation or just kiting on Roemoe in general terms. Or even the recreational/practical side of Roemoe? Is it a big advantage to be really, really close to the beach side of the island, or can I just as well rent a place on the mainland? Like, a motel in Skaerbaek? I'll probably drive a Citroen Berlingo which fits all my gear inside. I am tempted though, to rent a house on the beach side even if it burns some money, then i'll be able to invite friends.

I am planning for a 8 days stay, sunday to monday, but still open to if it will be the first or second week of september. Is there any events I should be aware of (3-11 or 10-18 sept.)? I can even maybe come the week before if there's anything then. I am super-keen to meet some fellow buggyiers, see. We're not even a handful of amateurs here in Oslo, so I had hoped to meet others to maybe get some meaningful exchange of wisdom. Or just giggles :D

Hopefully the weather is still warm...ish, and I guess it's about the time when serious autumn winds might be present already? My smallest kite is a FS Peak2 6m, I might be able to borrow a 4m P2 as well.

# Flysurfer Peak 4 /4/5/6/8/11/13m -FS Connect bars # FS P5 6/8m -FS Connect bar
# Flysurfer Speed 5 /9m # Ozone Subzero /7m # 3, 6 & 12m line ext. # Ozone Ignition /2.5m trainerkite
# Sysmic S3 buggy # Black Crows skis
# Underwave Atlantis seat harness w/Dynabar, 2 steel rings sliding on rope # POC helmet & G-Form pads
# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
jimbocz

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 02:23 AM

I'm sorry I don't have any specific information about Roemoe , other that I've always heard it was great and there's a massive kite festival there every summer. I was considering going there this summer as well , but the wife said no because it's a long drive from London. There's a Netherlands based kite forum (possibly associated with Apex buggies) where there will be some people with specific experience. I don't know the name, sorry.

We've decided to go to the Centre Parks in Port Zelande, which is right next to Brouwersdam beach. This is supposed to be pretty good for the buggy, and there's Centre Parks for the family. Here's some links if anyone is interested:

http://www.centerparcs.com/gb-en/netherlands/fp_PZ_holiday-p...

http://www.natural-high.nl/kitebuggyen/
khaakon

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 04:06 AM

Thanks Jimbo. I had my sights on the beaches of Denmark, and furter down the coast of europe since last summer, but couldn't afford it then. If I had the time and money, I would go all the way down to les Hemmes to see if team Forstbo was anywhere around... :cool:

I really hope you will have a great time and good winds in Netherlands. And that I can get around to see more places and ppl next har maybe. I'll have a look around the interwebs for other forums when I'm on a proper computer. I am just not very fluent in German or Dutch language..

# Flysurfer Peak 4 /4/5/6/8/11/13m -FS Connect bars # FS P5 6/8m -FS Connect bar
# Flysurfer Speed 5 /9m # Ozone Subzero /7m # 3, 6 & 12m line ext. # Ozone Ignition /2.5m trainerkite
# Underwave Atlantis seat harness w/Dynabar, 2 steel rings sliding on rope # POC helmet & G-Form pads
# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
jimbocz

[*] posted on 7-8-2017 at 10:38 AM

Thanks ! Maybe we'll run into you at Les Hemmes, I get there every once in a while. It's only 4 hours from London.
Suds after thuds

Mood: island time

[*] posted on 7-9-2017 at 02:08 AM

http://www.ferienhaus-roemoe.dk/roemoe-drachenfestival.aspx

1.9.17-3.9.17 there's a kite festival.

This site http://www.kitedrop.de/spot/r-m-lakolk/
Is okay for basic info about the spot, never been there myself though. Hard to convince the family to go in October. Fanoe is another spot I'd really like to check out

Scout II 4m
Montana VI 9.5m
Matrix 15m
F-arcs 1200 & 1600
Pulse 13m
Ozone Reo 8m
LF Envy 12m

Ground Industries Patrol 106
12.5" DOOM wheels
Crazyfly Shox 136 x42
North Nugget TT 5'2"
pkf

Mood: Squiggly

[*] posted on 7-9-2017 at 11:52 AM

I was there twice several years ago. It's a small island - everything is within a 10 minute drive. There are designated sections for kite buggying, land sailing, kite surfing etc. Kite buggying and land sailing sections are on the south western tip. A road leads nearly right to it. It's huge! The public beach is to the north.

We rented a house both times though I think there is a hostel that rents small single rooms. Unfortunately I don't have any info. Try looking up the tourist info website. They will have the scoop on accommodations.

Enjoy your trip!

The Power Kite Forum
Kite Traction Sports Community
http://www.powerkiteforum.com
khaakon

[*] posted on 7-9-2017 at 04:50 PM

Thanks bigly for link to that kitefestival, I read somewhere about that, but couldn't find it again and didn't know the dates for it. I think we will enjoy that alot, but I could only get this House from saturday, the drive from Oslo takes most of that day. I surely do hope weather conditions are good - and there'll be a big turnout of stuntkites and oneliners and whatnot from other worlds of kite - on Sunday as well !!

i'm stoked for a great week anyway, weather permitting.. Well, damn - I''l even kite in some rain if I must.

ByTheRedDrop.jpg - 61kB

Kiteshack24_7.jpg - 74kB

The house was as good a deal I could manage to find, there will be at least 2 of us with a buggy and an ATB each. Mountain bikes too, if the Berlingo allows (his buggy is an Eolo Radsails, dinky little thing - thihi). Bonus is also that smoking is allowed indoors (nasty habit, I know), but that suits us just fine - not too many of these houses allow it.

# DJI Mini3 pro Drone
surfvogel

[*] posted on 8-3-2018 at 03:03 AM
kite on roemoe

surfvogel

smile.gif posted on 8-3-2018 at 03:10 AM
kite on roemoe #2

eric67m

[*] posted on 8-3-2018 at 03:14 AM

Are these last two post spam?

Flying A mixed quiver of Flysurfer Peak kites.

Rollin in the Popeye The Welder Playa buggy.
surfvogel

[*] posted on 8-3-2018 at 03:21 AM
kite on roemoe attemp#3

Suds after thuds

Mood: island time

[*] posted on 5-15-2019 at 03:53 PM

Surf Pirates Testival on Romo this weekend

wish i was going, but exams to correct so... this island will have to wait some more.

Scout II 4m
Montana VI 9.5m
Matrix 15m
F-arcs 1200 & 1600
Pulse 13m
Ozone Reo 8m
LF Envy 12m

Ground Industries Patrol 106
12.5" DOOM wheels
Crazyfly Shox 136 x42
North Nugget TT 5'2"
surfvogel

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 01:12 AM
Info on Roemoe

There is a pretty good website (unfortunately only in german) with loads of informations on either kiteboarding and blokarting on roemoe.
Surf & Kite https://www.roemoe.de/aktivitaeten/kiten-windsurfen
Kitebuggy & Blokart https://www.roemoe.de/aktivitaeten/strandsegeln-blokart
Roemoe really is worth visiting!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio