Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Which Power Kite to buy?
James76

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 06:12 PM
Which Power Kite to buy?

Hello Friends, I hope all is well, I am looking towards buying my first kite and have a budget of 200, but I am leaning on raising it a little bit.

Right now I have looked at and talked to a couple people about entry level power kites and the main ones that really caught my eye were:

Pansh Flux 3.0m $238 (Includes lines and handles etc.)

Peter Lynn Hornet 3.0m $300 (Includes lines and handles etc.)

HQ Beamer 3.0m $300 (Includes lines and handles etc.)

Prism Tensor 3.1m $270 (Includes lines and handles etc.)

I am 5' 10" and weigh 155 lbs. I am looking for an intro level kite that I will be able to buggy and board on in the future. I will static fly it for a while first though.

Which one would you recommend or buy? Also, do the prices seem accurate? They were the best ones I could find online. Would you guys add any other options, maybe for cheaper?

Thanks.
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 3-22-2017 at 06:41 PM

James, you are on the right track with these kites. I've never flown the Pansh line of kites but they seem to have a sort of "you get what you pay for" reputation. The other three are all good calls. I've owned both the Hornet and Tensor and know with first hand experience that they would serve you well.

One thing to consider is that the Tensor has a four-line setup that can be flown in either a bar or handle configuration. The bar splits into two pieces... voila! Handles.

Finally, try and see if you can find one of these on the used market. A lot of times folks don't want to part with these but you could get lucky.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:01 AM

PKD Buster Soulfly....cant help it, im a big fan

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Unk

Mood: Watching the trees

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:20 AM

Quote:

PKD Buster Soulfly....cant help it, im a big fan

My first real power kite was the PKD Buster 3mtr
Still love it, can be flown static or in the buggy still my go to kite if I am not to sure of how the wind is playing, you can fly it gently or throw it about like a loony.

1.5mtr HQ Beamer IV, 3mtr PKD Buster II, 4.9mtr Flexifoil Blade III, 5.5mtr PKD Buster I, 5.5mtr PKD Brooza II, 7mtr PKD Buster I
16mtr PL Venom I
Org Flexifoil Buggy cut & shut with side rails
Now with the tandem option
ssayre

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:33 AM

another vote for soulfly. check with bigkid. Best quality for the $ imo and if you can get the handles with adjustable brake leaders, even better.
IndestructibleYoungMan

Mood: Shut up... I think I felt a breeze!

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 07:11 AM

I own a prism Tensor 3.1 and it's a lot of fun. Taken a lot of abuse without being damaged. Currently it's my only powerkite, but I get the impression that it has a ton of pull for a small kite... it can easily drag me and all of my 175lbs down the beach on my feet! Even gone air borne :D

"They will soar on wings like eagles..." Isaiah 40:31 NIV

Quiver:

Helmet +
Prism Tensor 3.1
Trampa 15 degree short kiteboard

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio