Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: another single skin.
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 04:46 PM
another single skin.

looks like Spider kites has entered the SS crowd.

http://www.spiderkites-shop.de/epages/62502321.sf/en_GB/?Obj...

Another FB offering in the trainer kite category. This one with a crossover bar for control.

The idea may not be taking off but it's not going away !

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 05:17 PM

The Mono's been around since 2015, but in previous years the 2.0 was the largest version they offered. Nice colors on the 3.0!

If anyone is interested in it, IntoTheWind (for US purchase) is probably a good source as they already import the Spiderkites Smithi and they are good about special ordering kites from manufacturers they have a pre-existing relationship with.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
Randy

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 06:50 PM

Says it has a carbon frame. Seems it is not a "soft" kite. I think some of the other single skins seem to have plastic rods to stiffen the leading edge, but this would seem to be a bit further down that road, if I understand it correctly.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 07:07 PM

Mono 3.0 description: "..The 2.0 is the largest size of the range ..."

:puzzled::puzzled:
indigo_wolf

[*] posted on 3-4-2017 at 09:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by skimtwashington  

Mono 3.0 description: "..The 2.0 is the largest size of the range ..."

:puzzled::puzzled:

As the kites are very similar except size, the probably cut 'n paste the product page to clone for the new product. The recurring dangers of webpage editing while the cat is howling to be fed. :o

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 02:50 AM

.....yeah..cut and paste.

...and '..elaborate construction..'..with unelaborate description-especially any thing about carbon frame. Just a poor description-and site marketing.
indigo_wolf

[*] posted on 3-5-2017 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by skimtwashington  
.....yeah..cut and paste.

...and '..elaborate construction..'..with unelaborate description-especially any thing about carbon frame. Just a poor description-and site marketing.

:lol:

Spiderkites is Christoph Fokken and his sister, Barbara. I get the general impression that it is not a huge operation. He has been designing and building kites (single liners, dual line, foils) for over 25 years.

I'm cool with giving him the benefit of doubt on some website wonkiness given the number of hats Christoph probably wears (chief cook and bottle washer).

The smaller Monos use fiberglass. If the 3.0 uses carbon, there's probably a good reason.

Would wait to see how the kite is received on Drachenforum and the other EU forums or grab a copy of the review from the issue of Kites&Friends from last year (April 2016).

This is the same guy that put pulleys on closed cell foil kite with a 7'-5" wingspan. Non-standard seems to be fairly common for him.

ATB,
Sam

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio