Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Preparation for your trip to WBB
shehatesmyhobbies

Mood: Serious Buggy withdraws!

[*] posted on 9-12-2016 at 07:45 PM
Preparation for your trip to WBB

Ok, all you veterans of WBB are already in the know, now I need to put it out there for the new comers or the ones that have to shake the dust off as they haven't been in a bash or two.

As you prep to make your way to WBB and join in the fun, here is a little list of what you need to do and be prepared for

- Register and become a NAPKA member if you plan to do any traction kiting, this is a NAPKA sanctioned event. Static flying and by standers are not subject, but can join if they like. NAPKA is the provider of the insurance required for this event to take place.

-Wear a helmet! We care about you almost as much, and in some cases, more than your family does:D Please wear a helmet that fits properly and does not obstruct your view.

-Make sure you have number plates on your buggy, they don't have to be super fancy, just legible from a considerable distance. No not from 10 feet away, more like 100feet away or more. Plenty of WBB pics and other pics out there to get an idea.

- If you are unsure of the direction of travel on a crowded beach, please ask, we have fliers available to read that share the right of way and suggestions for signaling your next move while traversing the sand with other moving vehicles.

-Book a room, or campsite. That info is available on the WBB PKF section. if you don't see it, call me I will get it to you!

-Don't be afraid to ask questions or walk up to anyone and introduce yourself, this is a very friendly, helpful, experienced group that will help show you the ropes of WBB and around WW, where the best places to eat, buy beer, take a bike ride, buy beer or just get some Chinese! Seriously, we don't have a drinking problem, we just have a great time while we are there!

- Its Funny weather in wildwood in October, could be 85 during the day and 40 at night. Bring clothing for both hot and cold days, you will experience both. That's a promise!

- be prepared to have a great time, with plenty of wind, great folks to be around, the antics that always go on, the "fish" stories that get told, the funny things that happened last buggy bash or the one two years ago stories are sure to have your gut in pain, Friday night kite video night, the Saturday BBQ/dinner and just plain good old fashion hanging out on the pad!

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. If I did, I'm sure someone will remind me.

Rich
NAPKA President
US 66
www.napka.org

302 480 6008

Phantoms!
My ride: GT Rapide
Check out the Wildwood Buggy Bash Facebook page!
hiaguy

Mood: Counting the days, and we're almost there

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 09:19 AM

Hey guys, with just a little over two weeks to go until WBB, if you plan on attending please make sure that your NAPKA membership is up to date.

Here's a link to the NAPKA Registration page:
http://www.napkra.org/membership.php

You can use PayPal to set up a recurring payment (hey, it's only $30) to ensure that liability coverage is in place, and to support the Association!

Only 18 days to go! :wee:

Go ahead... tell me to "go fly a kite!" Please!

Howard KC67 NAPKA District #12 Representative
Fly: A quiver of Lynx' and Cores (did someone say "Pansh"?), a couple o' Arcs, and a Rev to remind me about control
Ride: PL XR+
Where: 43.857899, -78.941661 and 38.970951, -74.828922
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 11:51 AM

Very important to bring beers that are local to your home area that other people may not have normal access to...particularly 2le IPA's
Jusayin
Ohh...and a helmet

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
bigkid

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by abkayak  
Very important to bring beers that are local to your home area that other people may not have normal access to...particularly 2le IPA's
Jusayin
Ohh...and a helmet

Beer and a helmet, you guys know how to party.:lol:

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 9-24-2016 at 06:01 PM

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio