Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PKD buster soulfly Pro 4.4
ssayre

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 06:57 AM
PKD buster soulfly Pro 4.4

ssayre

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 07:09 AM

Thanks to Bigkid, I recently received this beauty. I've only had a chance to static fly in lame wind but it's one of the most well behaved kites I've flown. Having lumpy wind, I was looking for a fixed bridle kite to serve 2 purposes. I wanted a kite I could static fly occasionally for exorcise and a kite that I can push the high end on without getting yanked around in sudden bursts. Although I've only static flown for hour, this kite looks to be just was I was hoping for. Fantastic r2f package, handles with adjustable brake leaders, quality build, and this thing commands a presence in the sky. People were taking pictures and I hadn't had that for awhile.

This kite flies buttery smooth and evens out the lumps great. Very stable, turns nicely, reverse launches are effortless. It's not the kite you get for maximum adrenaline rush, but it's not aimed at that. I wanted a well behaved kite that doesn't try to rip my arms off while holding it at zenith and one I can trust to fly overpowered at times. Flying fixed bridle overpowered is a necessity for me in the buggy to roll through the lulls.

I'll report back once I have some more air time.
WELDNGOD

Mood: Dyin' to go flyin'

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 08:52 AM

:cool: WELCOME to the club...:D

WELDNGOD on VIMEO
https://vimeo.com/user2580342

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Century II 2.2/2.8/3.5/4.5 /10.0
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster Soulfly 1.5 / 2.2 (KIA)/ 3.3 (lost at sea)
Buster Soulfly PRO 3.3 / 4.4
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
17 ply Custom TRAMPA w/ verTIGo trucks
2 homebrew buggies,2 homebrew KYTBYKS,1 homebrew tandem trailer
GOPRO 3 WHITE, 3+ BLACK, HERO5 BLACK
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

RIDER for KOKOPELLI KITER

3shot

Mood: JIBE Talkin'

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 09:10 AM

Nice!! Like the red and black!

Cross Kites Sonic 3, 5m
Ozone Flow 2, 3, 4, 5m
Ace II 4, 5m
NAPKA-US24
4, 5, 6m ATB landsurfer. Custom longboard deck
Buggy: VTT Black Widow v2.0

http://hint.fm/wind/

soliver

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 09:41 AM

COOLNESS!

I'm going to take a nap now
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 10:26 AM

i see...a blank canvass
you will love this kite...im a big fan

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
bigkid

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 11:00 AM

I like happy kite flyers, some of my best friends are kite flyers.:D

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
eric67m

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 12:20 PM

I picked up a blue 3.3m from bigkid a few months ago. I agree it is a fun kite to fly. Enjoy.

Flying A mixed quiver of Flysurfer Peak kites.

Rollin in the Popeye The Welder Playa buggy.
3shot

Mood: JIBE Talkin'

[*] posted on 8-26-2016 at 03:51 PM

Sean, check out all WELDNGOD's Soulfly videos in his signature. Man he makes good work on the beach With his. Always wanted a set of these!

Cross Kites Sonic 3, 5m
Ozone Flow 2, 3, 4, 5m
Ace II 4, 5m
NAPKA-US24
4, 5, 6m ATB landsurfer. Custom longboard deck
Buggy: VTT Black Widow v2.0

http://hint.fm/wind/

ssayre

[*] posted on 9-3-2016 at 05:11 PM

This kite continues to impress. I had a chance to buggy and skateboard on asphalt today in lightish winds. It is the most stable fixed bridle I've flown yet. Extremely easy to fly and just an overall joy in the buggy for my off and on wind. It really shined with the skateboard as well. Much easier than any previous fixed bridles I've owned (I haven't tried my recently acquired hornet 3m in motion yet). Honestly, I was really in fixed bridle euphoria today. I don't know if it was because it was beautiful perfect weather temperature wise or if it was just the fact it had been so long since I had been in motion with fixed bridle but it was by far the best performing out of the fixed bridles I've owned for my style and conditions. The only other low ar fb I've owned was a beamer iv 3m and it was a good kite but lacked the smoothness and overall flight characteristics that the soulfly has.

Also, the strop comes attached and looks as though it's continuous with the power line leaders. This is not the case. I wanted to remove the strop to be able to work the kite harder. Pleasantly surprised, all that is required is a pocket knife to pry the top caps off and the strop is independent of the top leaders. In fact, the top leader looks to be continuous to the adjustable brake leader and the strop is separate. Fantastic design IMO. I removed the strop in 2 minutes in the field and was back to flying.

It seems to have fewer/wider cells than higher performance offerings which seems to be what contributes to it's easy flying nature. I crashed it several times in the cat tails in the ditch and I dragged it out and relaunched with ease. I don't pamper my gear. I use it. I inspected it before packing up and looked perfect.

All in all just a fantastic day with the kite. I was really styling too. matching kite, gloves, shoes. Can't say enough how great this kite looks with the red and black showing through the white.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo208/seansayre/Screen%20Shot%202016-09-03%20at%206.22.48%20PM_zps8s8jkuq8.png

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio