Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Banff Alberta March 15
ColinW

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 01:29 PM
Banff Alberta March 15

I am going to Banff skiing for a few days. Was thinking about talking to the people at Rockey Mountain Snowkite for a lesson and equiptment rental. I''m kind of an advanced newb in both skiing and kiting.
Does anybody now these guys?
Comments?
And yes I'm stoked!!!!
colin
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 01:44 PM

I know they exist. They were giving a lesson on the other side of Weed Lake when I was there this winter. They looked to have BIG ozone LEI ( and a trainer kite ) that was working when I couldn't get my 15m Arc to top off and 7 Pulse was too small. They have the right gear to get you going even on a low wind day! Sorry but that's all I know about them. Never made it across the lake. :ticking:

I am curious where they plan to take you? Please let us know. I hope they take you to Spray Lakes for the drive there alone!

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
canuck

[*] posted on 3-14-2016 at 06:23 PM

Hey Colin, both Jay and Tom are excellent kiters, IKO certified instructors, and have lots of gear and experience. I have met Jay a couple of times at Alberta Kiting Association events but never at Spray since I don't usually drive that far for my fix. I was going to get a level 3 lesson from them myself, but have not made the time available yet.

macboy did their website http://www.rockymountainsnowkite.ca/rms.html

Good timing - Tom posted this on Facebook Alberta Kite Crew 20hrs ago "Big Dump of snow at the spray, a perfect reset, complete coverage! 10 to 30 cm."

I think Bladerunner saw Glory Kiteboarding doing the lesson at Weed Lake. Patrick is also an IKO instructor but does not get up to Spray very often. He is too busy kiteboarding in his drysuit now.

FB: Pro Foil 5.5m, PL Reactor II 3.5m, Radsail 3m
Depower: GIN Shaman 12m & 6m, Shaman2 9m (incoming), PL Venom II 13m, Venom I 10m

HQ Powerkites seat harness
Salomon snowblade 90, straight & shaped skis
PL Comp ST buggy, MBS Comp 16 Pro, Coyote All Terrain Rollerblades
BodyGlove wakeskis
canuck

[*] posted on 3-16-2016 at 04:14 PM

Colin, another good reason to hit Spray Lakes on Saturday March 19. The AKA posted " Rocky Mountain Snowkite has invited us all out for a fun day of hanging out and making the most of the big dump of snow that has just dropped on Spray Lake. Winter's not over yet, so come on out for some fun and let's send off the winter season in style! AKA will be donating burgers for the bbq. Will be meeting up at the Sparrow Hawk shack this Saturday (19th) around 11:00."

and Jay posted "Come on up to spray this Saturday and join us for a snowkite tour of the lake. The snow conditions are the best we have had all year! We will have the barbecue going and lots of Ozone and Flysurfer kites to demo as well."

I am not able to be there :( but there should be a good crowd of Alberta kiters there.

Enjoy your trip.

FB: Pro Foil 5.5m, PL Reactor II 3.5m, Radsail 3m
Depower: GIN Shaman 12m & 6m, Shaman2 9m (incoming), PL Venom II 13m, Venom I 10m

HQ Powerkites seat harness
Salomon snowblade 90, straight & shaped skis
PL Comp ST buggy, MBS Comp 16 Pro, Coyote All Terrain Rollerblades
BodyGlove wakeskis

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio