Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pansh new model sale
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 12:29 PM
Pansh new model sale

Looks like Pansh has a couple of new kites in their line up.
For those who like to tinker they are on sale.
http://www.panshkite.com/

The A15 ME seems to be getting some good reviews?

The H8.O seems to be built to compete with newer FB race kites?

I don't have the time or money to tinker these days but am interested in peoples hands on experience with them. :bigok:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
ssayre

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 12:38 PM

a guy on xk bought an a15 and said the pansh bar came set up incorrectly and he has to do some mods to the bar leader/5th line to make it work. That particular guy is in Spain. A guy in australia used his own bar and said it works fine.
John Holgate

Mood: Cruising...

[*] posted on 2-6-2016 at 04:19 PM

Joel had an a15 out at Kingston and gave it a good run - he thought it was a really nicely behaved kite and enjoyed it a lot even though he had the wrong bar setup for it (the bar would lock on the power lines during a turn making working the kite upwind difficult). He should have a review up on it in the near future.

Libre Vmax, Alloy Vermin buggy.
Ozone Access/Method/Riot/Imps/
Born-Kite Nasa Star 2's & 3. Born-Kite Long Star 3,5,7m. Peak 2 6m.
My Music is available here: http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=jbholga...
And here: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnHolgate
YouTube vids here: http://www.youtube.com/user/quedecree?feature=mhee
mainekite2

Mood: Pray for wind

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 04:48 AM

I got an A15 in the 18m size, only had the opportunity to get it out once. Flying it on the same bar I use for the Aurora. Had it out in a breeze you could barely feel on o frozen lake on skis. It flew right out of the bag, no adjustments or pigtails. Once I got it up and inflated it generated allot of power and flew well on apparent wind. It was well behaved and predictable. Looking forward to flying it again in a little more wind.

Flexifoil sting 1.2, 1.7
Flexifoil Bullets 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 7.0 Blurr 3.5
Pansh sprint2.2, 2.8, 3.3, 4.0, 5.0 ace 5,0, flux 6.0, first 6.1, Blaze II 7 +12, aurora 8,15,22, a15 18
Peter Lynn Venom I&II 8,10,13,16,19, Scorpian 10
Phantom 9(proto),12, 15 18 Synergy 15
Cabrinha switchblade 6, 8
Liquid Force 9m, 12m Envy, 14m 16m NRG
PTW Viper
PL folder+, mbs core 90, mbs grasshopper, snowspider, skis, skates and boards
Feyd

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 06:16 AM

Been flying the A15 in a 12m. Uber stable kite. 4.2Ar. Had to go through the bridles and square them away. They seemed to have been slapped together quickly and although it flew well first time out of the bag it flew better with some tweakage of the messy bridle install. Bar pressure is light but not dead. Turns nice, goe s upwind great.

I'm running a race bar with mine. Like any non-matched bar kite combo it took some tweaking but it flies great now. Quite a jump from other Panshe kites I've seen. Kills the Aurora IMO.

Not sure what long term durability is. On the snow, probably pretty good.

Others who have been trying it have started changing the mixers on them in an effort to get more power.

I converted ours to FLS.

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
www.hardwaterkiter.com 603-986-2784
Feyd

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 06:35 AM

On and in higher winds, be careful if you use a stall handle to land it. I have never seen a kite tail stall so aggressively in my life. Without using some finess it will whip in hard. Eventually something will give.

On the other hand she reverse launches great!

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
ssayre

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 07:32 AM

Why the name A15? I went to their site a couple weeks ago and it's pretty confusing. I wasn't sure if a15 stood for aurora 15 meter or not. On top of that I could only choose the 15m size but other sizes exist it looks like. If it confuses a myself (a kite nerd), then I can only imagine it's confusing to other people as well.
Feyd

[*] posted on 2-7-2016 at 05:14 PM

IIRC the 15m was the first one they made. The other sizes are scaled down and up from the 15m.

Bladerunner

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 06:36 PM

Did Pansh use better pulleys on the AR15? The cheap metal pulleys on my Aurora jammed up as soon as they spent any time on sand.

If this is a " copy " what kite is Pansh trying to copy with this model?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Chook

Mood: I work at home from 8.00am to 12 knots

[*] posted on 2-10-2016 at 05:56 PM

A really good review..............

http://www.extremekites.com.au/reviews/kites/pansh-a15-r33/

Modified Sysmic S2 Buggys
7m R1
8m R1 2
11m R1
15m R1
15m Chrono 2
18m Chrono
18m ELF
OffAxis

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 05:01 AM

Anyone know if the 50% off sale will continue into 2017?

I was super impressed by the A15 holding its own against the flysurfers at WBB this fall. I would like to expand my quiver further, and with these 50% prices it's making it hard to not consider.

PL Venom II 16m, HQ Apex III 7.5m, Pansh Flux 2m & 4m
Kite Trike
Blake - US35

With much blessing comes great responsibility.
rtz

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 05:59 AM

I'm going to guess probably absolutely not. They sent out an ominous email back in August. I'll post it here since it's interesting reading:

Important Notice

Dear PANSH Users,

First of all, thank you very much for your attention and love of PANSH. Now we have a very important message to inform you, PANSH will carry out a major change in the sales policy in a very short time.

We will soon stop the free shipping policy which has been performed for the last 10 years; instead, we will charge shipping costs according to different countries and regions. At the same time, we will also change the selling prices and terms of service according to the new policy.

The new sales policy will bring uncertainty in sale prices. The total price of some countries or regions will decrease and the price of some other countries or regions will rise. Hereby inform you the above news and we do appreciate your attention and understanding.

Implementation of the new policy will begin at some time shortly after. We will not have any further notice. When you get on PANSH website and make orders, the system will calculate the s hipping cost according to different countries and regions automatically after we made the change. At the moment, the shipping is free so you can still enjoy free shipping policy.

In addition, PANSH will release a 46-cell depower kite in the near future.
We are recruiting testing team members worldwide, if you are interested in testing the kite. Please pay attention to the NEWS section on PANSH website.

We will constantly develop and improve our services. We mainly aim to allow all PANSH users to obtain more quality and satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments, please contact us. Thank you very much for your time and your support of PANSH.

Best Regards,

PANSH

PANSH Contact information: panshkite.com, email: info(AT) panshkite.com
SSI_Stefan

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 08:45 AM

Are these kites generally good kites? Because all this seems too good to be true. I am an new flyer and only have 1 kite at the moment but will probably be looking to expand.

https://youtu.be/YgUGCkNo4a8

PL Reactor 2 8.3
PL Twister 5.6
PKD Buster Soulfly Pro 4.4
PL Hornet 2

MBS Colt 90

PB 29.34mph (25.5 kn)
OffAxis

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 08:55 AM

From what I understand: There are a few models that are golden nuggets if you're on a budget. Most people complain from bridle issues.

I would like to see a list of the Pansh kites that should be considered for a spot in the quiver.

Digging up some Pansh Review History:
http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=21830

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=21028

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=31935

Kite Trike
Blake - US35

wldkrd1

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 10:38 AM

Anyone tried the Ace II? Love the graphics, but if its behavior is too similar to the original Ace I'll pass.

Flexifoil Blade III (4m, 4.9m, 6.6m)
PL Twister IIR (3.0m, 5.6m)
PL Hornet 3.0
PKD Buster 4.0m
Prism Synapse (140, 170)
Prism Hypnotist
Prism Flashlight
Prism Nexus
John Holgate

Mood: Cruising...

[*] posted on 10-25-2016 at 11:12 PM

Chook spent a couple hours on the Ace II at Kingston last year and was very impressed - particularly for the money. This is a quote of what he said...

Quote:

At Kingston John H, lent me the Pansh Ace 2, for a few hours. I covered 59.4 kms with it and loved it. Pulled me to 72.1 kmh that day. I was well impressed with it's ability. I did back off the brake lines 100mm but that's how I fly. How could you not love it for US$ 99 (when on special) compared to the cost of a PL Vapor. It was only just slightly down on the Vapor's "traits" but only by just "half a gear" speed and upwind wise. It looked great in it's "wildfire red" cloth too.

Libre Vmax, Alloy Vermin buggy.
Ozone Access/Method/Riot/Imps/
Born-Kite Nasa Star 2's & 3. Born-Kite Long Star 3,5,7m. Peak 2 6m.
My Music is available here: http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=jbholga...
And here: http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnHolgate
YouTube vids here: http://www.youtube.com/user/quedecree?feature=mhee
hiaguy

Mood: Counting the days, and we're almost there

[*] posted on 10-26-2016 at 07:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by OffAxis  
hiaguy, I'm still waiting on your official review on that Pansh A15 after WBB.

Easy... Sweet! :wee:

There's nothing more frustrating than driving 600 miles to sit on a beach without enough kite to enjoy a light wind session.
So, I was looking for a light wind kite and the cost of a new FS or Ozone is simply to much for me.

After scouring the reviews, most notably the one by Joel on XK (thanks Joel), and hearing Craigs' (mainekite2) initial experience and reports with his 18m, I decided to order the 15m A15 to be my light wind kite. Given the 50%-off sale on the Pansh web site, for about $400 ($540 Cdn) I figured that I couldn't go wrong.

The ordering was painless, but the delivery took a little longer than I wanted. Fortunately, it appeared at the perfect time to be used on the Saturday at WBB - Bruce (brockrock1000) got me to the USPS office to collect it and then to the beach to set it up. (Thanks again Bruce!)

Out of the box, we transferred the PL Navigator bar/lines from my 11m Lynx to the A15. I was expecting a half-hour of "tweaking"; there were a couple of loose bridle connection points that were nothing more than loose larks head knots. It took Craig and Bruce about 5 minutes of correcting my set-up mistakes, and I was "off and running".

I have to admit that I was initially intimidated by the size (my largest kite previously was 11m) but the kite handled like a (only slightly) slower version of my 11m. I think a longer bar and a little more wind would have helped with the turning rate.
I was surprised that there was less bar and "steering" (can I call it that?) input required to keep this much sail in place. In the little wind that we had, running upwind was at a much tighter angle than my Lynx would allow, and it was easy to hold that line. Downwind was more difficult; I have lots of work to do to figure out the downwind run without outrunning the kite, but I guess it would have been easier if I got away from the narrow hard pack and used the available space to take longer/wider tacks.

Pack-up was as easy as the set-up: just roll it up with the big zipper on the back open. The material didn't feel at all damp after spending a few minutes lying on the sand, and absolutely no sand stuck to it.

Would I buy it again? Yup.
Do I think I need the 18m? Not until I get a heavier buggy and pack on some more middle-age pounds.

Go ahead... tell me to "go fly a kite!" Please!

Howard KC67 NAPKA District #12 Representative
Fly: A quiver of Lynx' and Cores (did someone say "Pansh"?), a couple o' Arcs, and a Rev to remind me about control
Ride: PL XR+
Where: 43.857899, -78.941661 and 38.970951, -74.828922
OffAxis

[*] posted on 10-27-2016 at 08:55 AM

Thanks. The light winds was definitely was just on the edge of my 16m PL Venom II. So seeing you guys still out flying while my arc was laying on the beach was a treat.

Kite Trike
Blake - US35

OffAxis

[*] posted on 1-15-2017 at 11:49 AM

The Pansh 50% off sale continues for 2017!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio