Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Scored my first buggy and have a few questions
woodneers

Mood: Searching for a kite

[*] posted on 1-1-2016 at 09:09 PM
Scored my first buggy and have a few questions

I scored a Peter Lynn st for 200 bux. It will need a new seat at some point, are all the Peter Lynn seats interchangeable? I'm thinking a stronger seat might not be a bad thing. Where is a good place to buy parts like tubes and bearings and what not? I'm hoping for wind tomorrow so I can give it a go.

i need a kite! Wish I never sold them.
Message me if you can help with this issue.
RedSky

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 12:05 AM

Try Briskites http://www.briskites.com.au/index.php?l=product_detail&p...

Buggybags in the UK make aftermarket seats for most bugs.
ssayre

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 05:22 AM

Congrats on the buggy.
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 08:11 AM

first id ride what i have till it broke or made lots of noise
than id hit up Big Kid or Kent/ awiindofchange.com
depending on where you ride maybe some butt protection is in order so that may play into the seat???
more importantly did you get a kite to pull this off?

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
soliver

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 08:52 AM

Welcome to the fray of addicted individuals,... If you thought you were hooked on kites, just wait till your first good buggy session. I'm sure you'll be able to buy a replacement seat from any of the dealers that sell the buggy new.

I'm going to take a nap now
woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 10:43 AM

The reason for the seat is as I bought it used the seat bottom has previously seen some wear. It will definitely need an upgrade. I'm thinking a seat with a plastic bottom sort of skid plate might be a good idea. Yes I have a viper to pull me around and a buster for higher wind days. I'm still looking for the bigger kite to fill my quiver.

Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woodneers  
I'm still looking for the bigger kite to fill my quiver.

I couldn't help but notice your use of the singular noun "kite" in this sentence as compared to "kites". I'm going to assume this was a typo cranked out in a hurried rush. No thinking man could possible fool himself to thinking he could sustain his addiction with a mere three kite quiver! :evil:

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
ssayre

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 11:04 AM

The reason for the seat is as I bought it used the seat bottom has previously seen some wear. It will definitely need an upgrade. I'm thinking a seat with a plastic bottom sort of skid plate might be a good idea. Yes I have a viper to pull me around and a buster for higher wind days. I'm still looking for the bigger kite to fill my quiver.

Are you the one that picked up my old 5.3 from rofer?
woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 11:24 AM

Yes sir sure am! Im also open to opinions on a good harness. I'm new to the buggy so I'm like a sponge soaking up knowledge from you guys. What do I need. Btw my neighbors caught me being pushed around in he buggy probably thinking what he heck is he doing. I wanted to get a feel for it. I can tell this will be fun.

woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 11:25 AM

Did I do good on the price of the buggy? It's nothing special but I felt it was a fair deal.

abkayak

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 12:41 PM

Yea you did fine w/ the bug..a rock bottom price as long as you get a year or more out of it
Shoot for 10...now any cheep harness a back or seat will be fine cause its all may change w/ time as you sort your kiting out...I will tell you about Cheeseys harness super quality will last a long long time...it's in the for sale now...only doing this to remove the temptation from myself. I own way too much stuff and admit to being addicted to buying

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
ssayre

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 03:19 PM

Yes sir sure am! Im also open to opinions on a good harness. I'm new to the buggy so I'm like a sponge soaking up knowledge from you guys. What do I need. Btw my neighbors caught me being pushed around in he buggy probably thinking what he heck is he doing. I wanted to get a feel for it. I can tell this will be fun.

cool, you'll like it. That ozone sb that abkayak mentions is a great harness. I had one and regret selling. Where are you located? If clean wind then you might get away with fixed bridle and harness. If inland I personally wouldn't recommend hooking in with fb.
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 03:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by ssayre  

cool, you'll like it. That ozone sb that abkayak mentions is a great harness. I had one and regret selling. Where are you located? If clean wind then you might get away with fixed bridle and harness. If inland I personally wouldn't recommend hooking in with fb.

Have to agree that using handles, strop, harness, and a traditional fixed bridle kite can be a nerve wracking experience with inland janky winds. An exception to this (and a passion shared by ssayre) are the wonderful Born-Kite NASA Stars. These kites are also technically FB essentially flying off of two lines with all bridle lines tied into them on each side with a third central line that when pulled on scrunches up the nose of the kite somewhat diminishing its pulling power. You can get such kites here:

http://www.born-kite.de/

I've got one or two and really enjoy them. Great for hooking in with a harness. Lots simpler than four or five line DP kites and a lot safer to fly hooked in than traditional FB kites when the winds are squirrely IMHO. Others will surely disagree.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 14.0m)
RaceStar (9.0m, 11.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m, 4.0m, 5.5m, 7.0m)
NasaStar-3 (custom 3.2m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
carltb

Mood: slick as a leopard!!

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 03:42 PM

if the seat is in ok order you can just get a belly pan or even cheaper, you can make one

Good Winds

Carl

I FLY PETER LYNN.
I GO BIG.
I FLY HARD.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-the-bullet-kirton/147427...

IF YOU AINT CRASHING YOU AINT TRYING!!
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/profile.php?id=1153269341&...
[IMG]

http://www.peterlynn.com/

woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 05:51 PM

Honestly the wind is pretty clean on the plains in western kansas. I got sideways today in the buggy but other than that it was a great experience. Winds were at ten or so with the viper. The wind was a little light but it was still a good learning experience. I really want a flysurfer peak or speed as I really wanna hit a board of some sort.

soliver

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 06:30 PM

If the seat just has a little wear then you d be fine with just a belly pan (or even without)... People make them all the time out of sheets of plastic and the like, ... Use the forum's search function to search for belly pans... I don't personally use one because I don't ride in spots that warrant one.

You did awesome on the price of the bug by the way, I usually see them used in the $300-400 range. My first bug was a new PL with a rail and seat upgrade and I paid 4x what you paid. :o

That 5.3m Viper is an AWESOME buggy kite too btw... Super fast, super stable, with awesome upwind capability!!!

Congrats!!!!

I'm going to take a nap now
abkayak

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 07:25 PM

If your not getting sideways your doing it wrong...have fun

woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 07:26 PM

Sideways was quite fun! I am liking this!

abkayak

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 07:30 PM

Now you know...never sell a kite if you can help it, hoarding is the best route

Blitzhound

Mood: I got a sickness, and the only cure is more Buggyin!

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 08:39 PM

Have to agree with the hording! Haha. I already have a small collection of kites and only today did I have my first successful buggy run. I think you did pretty good on your buggy price. I picked up a Libre V-max for more than double that. What's your initial take on the Viper? Been eyeballing one myself.

NAPKA US541
HQ: Beamer V 5.0m,
Best: Bularoo 7m, Waroo 9m, 12m
PKD: Inferno 9m, 12m, 16.5m,
Ozone: SubZero: 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, Access 6m, Pure 6m, Chrono V2 7m, V4 13m, Chrono EXP 7m, 9m, R1V3 21m
Buggies: GT-Revolt, GT-RazR,
woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 10:24 PM

That viper is a very well behaved kite so far. I'm really enjoying it. Tuesday we're suppose to have 15 to 20 mph winds and I think the 5.3 will be happy there.

woodneers

[*] posted on 1-2-2016 at 11:00 PM

Has anyone made a backrest for these? Some support back there would be great I'm a big guy.

ssayre

[*] posted on 1-3-2016 at 06:50 AM

Yes, the backrest is an absolute necessity in my opinion. I made one and it works great. There are many many good ideas though. I'll dig up a link

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=29208

That's what I did but there is also another link in that thread to other versions. There are many ways to do it, but it is worth having one way or another.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio