Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: kite specific snowboards?
propylene22

[*] posted on 2-5-2015 at 05:21 PM
kite specific snowboards?

What do you all think about kite specific snowboards? Do people use them? I've been riding my standard one for a bit and feel like I can't ever just go straight.
rofer

Mood: Praying for wind

[*] posted on 2-5-2015 at 05:59 PM

So, I've never used a kite-specific snowboard, but when I looked into this it seemed like most of the things you'd want for kiting you can find in other (potentially cheaper) boards. It seemed like the big thing to look for is a board with reverse-camber which is what lead me to get a GNU Park Pickle. It seems like a lot of people ride the similar Libtech Skate Banana.

Now, I've only had about an hour out with this board and one of my kites so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I don't think there's anything a kite-specific board gives you that you can't get from other boards.

Water: 2013 Edge 7m, Cronix 12m, 2013 Flite 17m
Land: Peak 2 6m & 9m, Speed 4 8m

I have kites for sale!
mdpminc

Mood: so want to get out, but no free time :-(

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 09:28 AM
snowkite boards

Started with a regular snowboard, then I switched to Nobile Snowkite 165, big improvement on straight line speed and better balance on hard surfaces even on patchy ice. On powder not a significant difference.
After a few seasons I decided to step up to a race board Nobile RC2000 "TSAR".
2015 model shown here : PICO2000

They are expensive, but worth every penny if you are into freerides and long distance cruising.

It was a bit weird at first as I was not used to such dramatic increase in speed and "on rails" handling. Still need to fine tune my stance, bit wider than before.
I personally like low wind, relaxed cruising sessions, but on the first session of the year I was able to milk 26mph from a 9knt wind in semi-hard snow with a 10m open foil (2015 Hardwaterkiter speed standings week 4)

tsar2000Marek_sm.jpg - 246kB

Foils: Phantom2 15, Aurora 19 custom, F-1200, S-840, JN Luis 10, JN Randas 8
Inflados: Ocean Rodeo: Flite 17.5m, Rise LW15m, Razor 12m and 10m, Prodigy 7m
Boards: Mako Duke, Mako King, 6'6" Bushman shortned to 5'8"
Land 'n snow: "Tsar" RC2000 Nobile, 150 SantaCruz TT with IceBlade, 159 Mongoose Grand Slalom

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio