Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FNG and excited about it
m2andi

Mood: pumped

[*] posted on 9-20-2013 at 04:16 PM
FNG and excited about it

Hello all,
I just bought my first trainer and looking forward to playing in the wind!

I work for an airline in the Phoenix, AZ area. Are there any kite drivers around? I also am able to fly standby on a number of airlines so it should be somewhat easy to visit other kitting spots.

Any suggestions on where to have my first paid lesson?

Thanks all
Eric
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 9-20-2013 at 04:34 PM

Welcome Eric,

Can you describe your goals ?

At this time the only lessons available are for kitesurfing on water and snowkiting. The rest of us are sort of self taught.

If kite buggy and land board or simply static flying and jumping are your goal there is a gathering next month in Wildwood NJ. Going to one of those is the best way to learn a lot in a very short time . + you get a great bunch of folks from on here.

They teach you a whole lot about handling the kite etc. in the first ( of a typical 3 ) lesson for both water and snow so taking a lesson is always a very valuable thing to do !

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
m2andi

Mood: pumped

[*] posted on 9-20-2013 at 05:16 PM

Thank you for the welcome and the heads up on Wildwood!

I'm thinking I'll do what I can here in Phoenix with the trainer kite and now that I know about those gatherings I'll do my best to attend some.

Even though I'm in Phoenix most of the time I hope to kite surf primarily and possibly get into land surfing.
Eric
Crash then swim

[*] posted on 1-1-2014 at 05:37 PM

Eric,

I grew up in the Phoenix area. The lakes are not great for steady wind, however I did have windsurfing success at both Saguaro and Pleasant. Rocky Point is a nice option without too many people. As far as water riding lessons, sort of close to home you have lots of choices, from San Diego in the south to SFO all less than 2 hours flying time. Your options open up for land riding from Wilcox Playa in SE Arizona to Ivanpah with plenty of friends in those areas to give you informal lessons/pointers. Winds are never too reliable in the Phoenix area, but some days are better than none. Get a decent trainer or two, keep them with you and throw them up whenever it is windy and you have a little time.

Crash:wee:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio