Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Just out of curiosity,
Ainokea

Mood: No Matta'

[*] posted on 8-6-2006 at 02:00 AM
Just out of curiosity,

1. How long have you been riding?
2. How many of you just ride? (no tricks)
3. How many are learning to become free stylers? ( at least knows how to ride two wheels)
4. How many of you are free stylers? ( can do 360's, 540's, two wheels one handed cross over etc. etc. etc.)

\"Keep da rubba side down\"
awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 8-8-2006 at 12:19 PM

I started riding in 2000, bought my first kite in '99. You probably remember me coming out to the park and doing face drags working on my kiting skills. Was a real blessing to be in the company of yourself, Mike, Marty, Dave, Brian, and the rest of the group. Everyone helped me with tips and hints through my learning curve and made it an enjoyable time. My first buggy came from Mike (used)...come to think of it, Mike actually sold me my first (real) kite as well.

On the buggy my favorite is speed runs across the dry lake beds. Not too concerned with freestyle when we are on the playa. At the park freestyle comes more into play. Two wheeling is a blast, I have been able to pull off a couple 360's (one of them actually looked pretty darn good). For the most part side slides and flip turns are the closest I get to freestyle....probably not much of a freestyle rider but the more I ride the more freestlye type maneuvers I seem to get under my belt. The beauty with kiting is that I always seem to be able to learn something every time I go out and there are always things that I can continue to perfect - I guess that is some of what makes kiting so enjoyable.

It will be interesting to see what other riders have to say as well. I know there are a lot of riders that are similar to myself and just cruise around. It is always awesome to watch you and some of the other extremly talented riders do the things you do - quite inspirating as well.

Ainokea

[*] posted on 8-8-2006 at 10:40 PM

Howzit Kent,

It dosen't matter if you just cruz around or you throw some hard core free stylin' moves, what matters is that you have fun doin' what your doin'. After riding for more than 14 yrs. I still enjoy just plain ol' ridin' and if I feel
like it, I'll throw in a few hard core free style tricks just to break up the ridin'around. But hey, the bottom line is, JUST HAVE FUN at what ever your doin'. Ian

awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 12:14 PM

Much agreed!!!:singing:

Fun is what its ALL about!

Pablo

Mood: Stoked

[*] posted on 8-9-2006 at 06:21 PM

Been buggying for 1 1/2 yrs, getting pretty decent at high speed running, Currently working on freestyle, kinda got 2 wheelers down in good wind, can complete 180's once in a blue moon, going backwards usually works out ok, biggest jump to date, bout 2 ft up and 15 ft across.

Sysmic S1 Buggy.

0.7m / 1.4m / 2.0m PKD Buster I
4.4m PKD Buster
10m JoJo RM+

6m Flysurfer Outlaw
12m Ozone Access
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
kitemaker4

Mood: happy when buggying

[*] posted on 8-10-2006 at 07:38 AM

1. 5 1/2 years
2. no tricks just cruising
3. no
4. no

I enjoy cruising in the buggy.

Susan
Ainokea

[*] posted on 8-11-2006 at 12:44 AM

Enjoyment and fun.
Isn't that why we started riding and flying?
Just be safe, and keep da rubba side down!

Ian

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio