Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Saving NAPKA
WELDNGOD

Mood: Dyin' to go flyin'

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 05:23 PM

autopay cancelled. However,it was set up again w/ today's date . It would have been 2 more wks. before it renewed. Gotta send waiver and piccy still.

WELDNGOD on VIMEO
https://vimeo.com/user2580342

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Century II 2.2/2.8/3.5/4.5 /10.0
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster Soulfly 1.5 / 2.2 (KIA)/ 3.3 (lost at sea)
Buster Soulfly PRO 3.3 / 4.4
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
17 ply Custom TRAMPA w/ verTIGo trucks
2 homebrew buggies,2 homebrew KYTBYKS,1 homebrew tandem trailer
GOPRO 3 WHITE, 3+ BLACK, HERO5 BLACK
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

RIDER for KOKOPELLI KITER

silvereaglekiter

Mood: Propelled by the Air Revel in Flames Reside on the Water Delve in to the Earth

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 07:38 PM

10-4:bigok:

XXXLQuadrifoil kitesurfer 9.6
6.5 meter PL Pepper
5M Npw9b
3.5M PL Vapor
3.5 meter PL Pepper
2.3M PL Vapor
2m profoil
HQ Symphony 2.2
1.7 Flexi Stingthe zombie chihuahua
home brew doom wheels
Rollerblade Coyotes
WG/Silver custom Frankinbuggy
My kiting pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26007981@N02/

Kites Up Buggy Down :piggy:
NAPKRA# US36
Morrie Williams

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 08:30 PM

Thanks everyone for getting your renewals and memberships in early. Thanks to you we're in position to pay our insurance for another year.

Thanks again,
Morrie

Morrie Williams
Westport, WA, USA

Peter Lynn Comp Buggy
Peter Lynn Peel 5m, 10m
QuadTrac 3m, 6m, 9m
SkyTiger Hi 10, Hi 15, Hi 30, Hi 60
C-Quad 2.2m, 3.2m, 4.2m
Peter Lynn - Reactor II 3.5m, 6.9m
NAPKA - US86

Blokart with 2m, 3m, 4m, 5.5m sails
NABSA - us89nw
DAKITEZ

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mougl
Membership form, waiver, passport style picture, and dues sent!

NAPKA US357

You and Screwfits will almost match at nabx ... his number is also 357 for nabx just missing the US
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 09:37 PM

More on the way in a day or 2. I've gotta get the H140 numbers off my buggy next week so I need to be official with US88.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
ripsessionkites

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 8-3-2011 at 10:33 PM

Beaver is paying the late fee or i get to change his numbers to anything I want. :wee:

thank you everyone for your continued support.

flexiblade

[*] posted on 8-4-2011 at 09:23 PM

Just curious as to the progress on the data that was requested a week ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by flexibladeTo make the challenge that NAPKA faces more tangible to its members I would ask that the governing body help its members fully understand its plight by publishing a comprehensive list of its incurred insurance cost (type of insurance as well) - budget outline - and members current numbers and projected numbers to overcome budgetary gaps. This will give us all a glimpse to the difficulties facing NAPKA and give voice to possible solutions. As the governing body it is your final decision on how these issues will be dealt with, but as a member I need to know what the problem is before I can lend a hand. I will be renewing my membership as of the 5th - when my auto paypal transaction processes.

I would like to hear other members feelings on this as well - am I being unreasonable in this request?

we all believe is called the expansion
csa_deadon

Mood: waiting for spring sobb, fall sobb, ABE, IBX

[*] posted on 8-5-2011 at 12:18 AM

flexiblade in my opinion I do not believe you are being unreasonable at all. Every organization be it government, corporate, nonprofit, etc publishes a budget for their fiscal year, or biennium. Most are required by law with the exception of the corporate world, which is driven by the share holder.

I have to agree with flexi on this. NAPKA is going to live or die by the membership. In order for the membership to help NAPKA must keep us informed. But we as members must also keep the organization informed of our needs as well.

At this point I believe a monthly newsletter is not a viable option (as much as we/I would like it to be). The AKA publishes quarterly I believe, and they have been doing their thing for a lot longer with a larger membership.

If you are a current member go to the NAPKA site and post on the forum what you want to see in the organization, what direction you would like to see it head in. Let the elected leaders of the organization know what you want, need, etc. Just talk to them.

NAPKA leadership, you in need to listen to the membership, and let them know what's happening.

Bottom line is leadership and membership need to work together on this, cause we are in this sport together.

Now git in your buggys and ride! :smilegrin:

www.napka.org
US911
What I ride, and fly
Custom KBSS Libre Hardcore with John Deer tires!
Ozone R1 11m, Ozone Summit 10ul, 15m ul

Wish list:
Wind powered portable coffee maker.
Chrono, Chrono, Chrono!
ripsessionkites

[*] posted on 8-5-2011 at 01:47 AM

the data that you requested is being completed by both Morrie and I.

its taking some time because we have go through the books to get gather all the data so its correct.

give me about a week to finish it.

shehatesmyhobbies

Mood: Serious Buggy withdraws!

[*] posted on 8-5-2011 at 12:23 PM

Payment is in! Had to change the re-up date! I will make it for a little earlier next year

Rich
NAPKA President
US 66
www.napka.org

302 480 6008

Phantoms!
My ride: GT Rapide
Check out the Wildwood Buggy Bash Facebook page!
acampbell

Mood: Digging Deserts and Mts.

[*] posted on 8-5-2011 at 03:02 PM

Insurance is being set up for renewal as we all speak and I am working with the insurance broker. Thank you all for sending in payments and it's great to see many setting up automatic renewals. Thanks to Morrie and Kelci for tracking the financials.

Note that we need freshly dated waivers for the new year, even if you filled one out last year. Thanks to all that have sent them. They can be faxed to 800-693-3714. or emailed to me. angus "at" coastalwindsports.com

It is not hard to get insured for an event, or for training for the event (buggy sessions prior to the event because you are "training" for it). Here's how it goes...

Declare an event. A race, fun-fly, Chilli run, Shipwreck Run, Plover Run, rally, whatever.
Let me know if you need a certificate for additional insured for the land-owner or municipality. Give me a few weeks notice. No additional cost for this.
Have members sign up for the event with a clear paper or e-trail that can be documented to show their intent. There do not have to be fees involved, just a documented trail that members declared intent to participate.
Once they are "registered" for the event, members are insured, even for sessions prior to the event because they are "training" for it in their own home turf.

Several have asked me about the type of insurance we have. Our single payment for the year, financed by y'all, covers all events for the year, including additional certificates of insured. Your membership also covers office expenses such as materials for creation of membership cards, mailing, etc.

Thanks again all.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
where life is better when it blows!
912-577-3920 new number

Find out about Jekyll Island
bigkid

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 8-5-2011 at 07:35 PM

Thanks Angus, you are one of the unsung heroes :bigok:
Also Thanks to Morrie and Kelci, Great job.

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
xxxBUGGYPILOTXXX

Mood: ANY DAY KITING BEATS ANY OTHER DAY!!! :)

[*] posted on 8-7-2011 at 11:23 AM

:eekdrull:

Haven't buggied in - - - - - -
HOW LONG!

Yup Life happens:dunno: however I am putting the pennies away( JUST WINDOW SHOPPING @ THIS POINT ) for a NEW BUGGY

someday:puzzled:
:puzzled:LINK REMOVED by request-:puzzled:

Married life,( still working on getting my Aussie Bride FULL US Citizenship:thumbup: )
A new job, 2 new kids* ( Siamese kittens ;) ) my didgeridoo crafting/playing hobby & that other kite thingy I used to do--- oh yeah KiteBoarding:lol: WILL GET BACK too all shortly:P

I don't know exactly when it happened but seems like all of the steam for Kite Buggying in Louisiana has evaporated :puzzled: kayaking seems to be the NEW IN thing.

I'll be putting in my dues as soon as I can. Just hope I haven't lost my NAPKA # for good yet.

Who knows? With luck,prayers & more luck & prayers perhaps the Mrs & I can make it to NABX 2012?

I still <3 to kite but I'm Broke$ as :( !
didgesidoo@gmail.com
Do you didgeridoo? I do
& you can too ;)
http://www.facebook.com/DidgesIDoo
tridude

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 8-7-2011 at 11:40 AM

I just registered, paid (annual autopay), and about to email waiver and pic to ACampbell..............now the proud pilot on US 0U812..............waiver and pic emailed to Angus..................:lol::lol::lol::duh::duh::duh:

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
ripsessionkites

[*] posted on 8-8-2011 at 03:24 AM

Thank you again everyone, I'm almost done the budget reports.

Looking_Up

Mood: waiting for the ankle to heal

[*] posted on 8-10-2011 at 08:38 AM

Just curious but there are supposed to be over 5000 members on this forum alone how many are active members and how many napka members are currently paid up just trying to figure out what actual participation is because I like the 5000 number makes me think there are allot of us out there and if so why are we having trouble getting participation in something that really is the future of our sport
by the way I am planning on signing up if I can remember when payday rolls around before other hobbies cut in line

Kiting The Natural High

\"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.\" Leonardo da Vinci

Kites
Ozone: 2.5 Samuri, 3 & 4.5 Little Devil

Peter Lynn: 8 & 16 & 19 Venom II
12 Synergy

Liquid Force: 14 Havoc
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 8-10-2011 at 11:31 AM

That's everyone that just signed up since the beginning of the forum, not necessarily active particiapants. I imagine not more than a few hundred regular participants currently on the forum.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
ripsessionkites

[*] posted on 8-10-2011 at 11:58 AM

finally got it together, sorry I'm very busy between everything I do.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/ripsessionkites/Misc/N...

in 2008 a small number of us decided to get a racing league going and hopes to bring North American buggying to a high level. We need insurance at the time to get events going. Thank you to Jon Ellis who stepped it up to pay the policy himself.

in 2009 we decided to change from "racing only" to make it available for everyone to take part. its our club and we all have a voice. we went from NAPKRA or NAPKA.
the club now belongs to everything land traction has to bring, so whether you're on a buggy or board or just flying around, this club is yours. Thank you to Morrie and Kelci who took on the role of setup up a website and continue to monitor memberships.

as you can see we are growing slowly but surely. its a club for like-minded individuals who all share one passion together, wind and kites.

NAPKA isn't here to tell you how to fly and be, but under a group/club umbrella we work better in numbers. somewhat more official to the officials who have no clue what we do but insist that we are dangerous. I believe every sport as a club this is ours, but there is no captain driving the wheel, its in each of us to do it.

we are moving forward with this, but as you know everything takes time. we have a lot in store, in the coming months and years. Im not comparing us to Euros, but I do try to follow what they have done and how we can improve. I have a lot of support from that side to aid us.

No one is telling you to join, its your choice. Personally I think we should all be united as one. follow the simple rules when you go out to play on the field, beach, wherever.

someone asked me what i get, yes your membership card when ranger joe comes up to you. you can say hi, i belong to this club and we have rules that benefit both the general public and wildlife. if you would like to contact NAPKA here is the information. NAPKA fights the fight for you. SPEAK UP.

Lastly, those that do host events, take advantage of the resources you have with NAPKA. Whats to stop you from putting an event in your area together?

Thank you again for your continued support, whatever you need just remember NAPKA is here to support you too.

~Richard Lui
2011 President

flexiblade

[*] posted on 8-10-2011 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for follow through on that.

The data gives us a better insight to how the organization is doing, and by the look of it the line between the Red and the Black has been crossed (no deficit towards insurance any longer). This is where input from the members, that has been mentioned a lot in this post, must be listened to in order for the organization to keep moving in that direction - to swell the ranks people have to feel a part of something that listens and acknowledges it's members.

Question: If the WWB becomes a sponsored NAPKA event and gets lets say another 20 to 30 people to join NAPKA at the time of the event in order to participate in certain activities, what happens to the proceeds that are not going towards insurance? Is there a fee to use the NAPKA insurance? Can the extra funding be kept locally by said region to supply them with racing paraphernalia, such as cones, flags, officials signature gear (jerseys), or something decided upon by the regional representatives and local members? By the look of it this has been the first time there would be a surplus for the organization. This would be a great first topic for a NAPKA component to the PKF. Thank you and I'll take my answer off the air.

Bladerunner

[*] posted on 8-11-2011 at 06:37 AM

While I am happy to see this question answered I question if it is good policy to post NAPKA info like this on a public site ?

On the other hand I know I was asked about this info by non-NAPKA members locally so maybe it is good to make it this public?

I'm thrilled that NAPKA is promoted here but Somehow this seems like it belongs there not here. Or is it just me?

Similar with what we will do with surplas money , if and when that happens?

Something this shows in pictures is how Jon, Brad, Angus,Morrie and others made huge personal commitments to help us all get to this tipping point! :thumbup:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
bobalooie57

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 8-11-2011 at 07:04 AM

I, for one, am happy to see this info here. A Not for Profit organization needs to be open with it's members, and the general public (potential members) in order to maintain transparancy. This reduces the chance for abuse (as one reads about NFP chair-people bringing home 6 and 7 figure incomes) which is most likely not an issue here as all offices are voluntary and elected by the membership. As the information is clear, and available to the reading public, it could aid in convincing others that we are indeed a valid, thriving and engaged organization, thereby attracting new membership. New membership brings new perspectives/ideas, which in turn can spur more opportunities/events, which can attract new membership, thereby keeping the organization/sport growing. As to surplus funds, organizational info, event planning, etc. those are all good topics for the NAPKA forum. Just my 2 cents.

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
sunset-Jim

Mood: always ready.... ta buggy

[*] posted on 8-11-2011 at 07:49 AM

Flexi, I'm just going to broadly answer your your question. It's always been a givin that club funds are to remain in the club. Does equipment such as you stated fall in that category, of course. And naturally the details of how club funds are spent is decided upon by the club officers. I can assure all that input from club members is always appreciated. Let's say in the example that you stated (but let's make it more general by being any such type event) that such an event had that kind of draw, wouldn't it be obvious that such equipment would be a big benefit for that region? It all falls right into the club goals.

One of the main goals when this club originated as a racing club is to have all regions set up to be able to run regional qualifiers for a North America Championship in order to send representatives to the World Cup. We are still a very long way to reach that level. Not only due to the level of club members needed but also due to the club moving in the direction of encompassing all traction activities. So of course this has moved this particular goal from a "club" goal to a "racing section" of the club, main goal. I guess that's all a wordy way of saying that we would like to see all regions set up with what they need in order to put on their event. It will be the input from those regions that will determine their specific needs and wants. It may not even be racing related anymore. And of course, where there is the most activity is where the most need will be.

Libre hardcore (bf\'s and standards) KBSS suspension front end
Pegasus buggy

PKD Combats 2.9,3.5,4.8(proto type),5,6.8,7.2,8.6,10.3,15.4
jojo rm+ 6,7,8
jojo et 2.5m
jojo rs 2.7,3.5
Ariea Raptor 2,3
ripsessionkites

[*] posted on 8-12-2011 at 03:00 AM

what Sunny J just said

yes, we have spare funding now, so i guess we don't need to beg next year so much. lol.
honestly everyone has a voice for those who are members of NAPKA.

funds can go to anything that furthers the club in any region. each region needs someone to represent it. for example I've been begging Dino to host an event on his local SOD farm if permission. Adam Butpug is also trying to get an event going too, so there is promise there but it needs everyones input.

how i would like to see NAPKA grow:

- national wide traction instructors
- racing / license examiners
- more events throughout canada / use

i think if you put on an event, and if everyone is NAPKA the use of the insurance is free. the non-napka riders would have to pay per use. IMO.

If you host an event, many will come. :yes:

Morrie Williams

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 8-12-2011 at 05:48 AM

Ricky, U2U sent.

Morrie Williams
Westport, WA, USA

Peter Lynn Comp Buggy
Peter Lynn Peel 5m, 10m
QuadTrac 3m, 6m, 9m
SkyTiger Hi 10, Hi 15, Hi 30, Hi 60
C-Quad 2.2m, 3.2m, 4.2m
Peter Lynn - Reactor II 3.5m, 6.9m
NAPKA - US86

Blokart with 2m, 3m, 4m, 5.5m sails
NABSA - us89nw
ripsessionkites

[*] posted on 8-12-2011 at 06:13 AM

Edited: you have to be a Napka member to use the insurance.

tridude

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 8-12-2011 at 08:13 PM

una pregunta por favor.........................where do we get our number? Do we have them made or do we receive them from NAPKA?

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
ripsessionkites

[*] posted on 8-13-2011 at 12:18 AM

Currently you have to get them done yourself. I'm asking Heliboy (Josh) to start doing them for us instead.

tridude

[*] posted on 8-13-2011 at 06:02 PM

thank you Rip.....................are there any guidlines or restrictions I need to know about?

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
flexiblade

[*] posted on 8-13-2011 at 07:36 PM

ripsessionkites, u2u sent

BeamerBob

[*] posted on 8-13-2011 at 10:01 PM

Angus had a thread a while back talking about letter height, font and such. Seems like Arial or Helvetica with a minimum height of 4.5". I'm getting some next week for the Apexx, so might have something to offer by then. Going to a Fastsigns just down the street.

Napka number plate thread.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio