Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NABX 2006 Website Report
doomwheels

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 09:29 AM
NABX 2006 Website Report

Hi all,
It's almost time for the NABX website to switch on it's timed features and ready itself for NABX 2006. The event dates, a newly installed countdown timer (on the home page) and the registration forms will all become active Nov 1st.

Over the past few months, I've been making updates to the reg forms and admin center. I've added control panels for the event dates, hotel info, and some security upgrades for the reg form.

Although the forms will soon be active, I would like to address a couple registration issues...

1. If you are interested, I would advise you to head more in the direction of collecting all registration payments online. Some folks still don't like PayPal though otherwise have no trouble paying online. That in mind, I commonly use another payment collection service that is inexpensive and operates like any payment gateway - 2checkout. They ask a one-time setup charge of $50 and make automatic payment to your bank account once per week. If you are interested, I can provide more info. In my opinion, removing the check/money order option will help eliminate non-payments (I see that there is still $200+ uncollected from last year).

2. We should put up an NABX store to sell event paraphernalia online. I suggest not kites and buggy stuff, but event related materials such as T-shirts, hats etc. DBBB is doing this now and successfully earning some extra cash for their event. To set up a store, I need a list of products with photos and prices. Payment can be tied into PayPal (or 2checkout). You should not list checks/mo as a pay option. A store would work independently from the "add merchandise" section of the reg form.

3. We also need to review the featured events section of the website to make sure that it is concurrent with the 2006 event program. Are there any do add/delete? We should do this asap.

This year, I hope to focus on tightening up the site programs and make sure all systems are running smoothly and efficiently. Next year, I plan to move all the content and programs into a new modern page layout so that the site appearance remains fresh. The 2007 website should look as good as it runs.

It is always my plan to attend the NABX and will offer my time as the official web photographer posting pics of each day into the gallery and helping to feed the registration records with late additions. However, I cannot say for sure if I can make it or not until we are much closer to the event - the downside of living across the sea. In the case that I cannot make it, I will be here providing support and making things as easy as possible for others to post updates using the admin control panels.

Let me know your thoughts on these issues.

Cheers,
BC

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Hosting