Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: More moderators?...
WIllardTheGrey

Mood: Just buggy...

question.gif posted on 9-23-2010 at 11:36 PM
More moderators?...

Due to the recent issues that didn't get resolved until PKF was done with his vacation (how dare he take one :rolleyes: ;-) ) I would like to suggest that we nominate some more moderators. I'll start.

Drewculous
WELDNGOD
heliboy50
csa_deadon

I wouldn't nominate any shops however, not the regular guys wouldn't do an awesome job. Just to avoid any conflicts.

\"Well we are all hurtling around in 3 wheeled, tip over prone, non crash tested vehicles with no brakes that we steer with our feet. Just sayin\'.....\" --heliboy50
arkay

[*] posted on 9-23-2010 at 11:42 PM

i actually sent a note to pkf in this regard a few months back but heard nothing back.

US503 - Manzanita, Oregon

Fixed Bridal: Flexifoil Sting 1.2, 1.7; Rage Acid 2.5m, 3.5m, 4.7m, 6m | Peter Lynn Vapor 11.2m, 16.1m | NPW 7m
Depower : Peter Lynn Venom 2 13m, 16m, 19m | Peter Lynn Phantom 15m | Flysurfer 2.5 SA 19m
LEI : Flexifoil Atom 7m, 9m, 12m; Mutiny 8m
Land rides : Libre Hardcore; Libre v-max; Peter Lynn XR+W | Rollerblade Coyotes! | Ground Industries AK Pro
Water rides : Slingshot Misfit 134; Ocean Rodeo Mako 150; North WAM! 5\'10

4 Sale/Trade: HQ M1 5m, Flysurfer Pulse 10, PL Venom 2 16m, PL Venom 19m

pkf

Mood: Squiggly

[*] posted on 9-24-2010 at 12:18 AM

Thx for the offer guys but we'll not be adding new mods at this time. Everyone is able to help mod by reporting abuse using the report button. It also helps to resist replying to spam threads. The forum is checked daily by at least one admin but there may be times when an issue must simmer for a couple days. Any problem can be resolved retroactively.

A situation like this where someone wants to deliberately abuse the forum cannot be avoided and I'm sure has not ended. With patience from the membership and a concentrated effort from the admins, this too shall pass.

Thx again to all those who report abuse and help keep this forum focused and friendly. People like jonesband1998 come and go, but the PowerKiteForum will press on as a valuable kiting resource due to the efforts of its members.

The Power Kite Forum
Kite Traction Sports Community
http://www.powerkiteforum.com
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 9-24-2010 at 06:10 AM

Instead of adding new mods, what about those already trusted being granted moderator capabilities in all areas in addition to the forum or forums they are currently moderating. These guys are already in the system and also aren't likely to be the types to abuse their power or risk losing it.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
burritobandit

[*] posted on 9-24-2010 at 07:24 AM

Exactly. Having images such as the ones jonesband posted sitting around for a few hours could cause all sorts of unforseen problems for people. I mean, the guy was even posting those images in pre-existing kite-related threads. It's one thing to see a thread title of 'butthole oil' and know to not click on that thread, but when you click on a thread with a kite-related thread title and see a nasty pic, there's nothing you can do. Some of us view this forum at work, and others have family around. Having more trusted people with the ability to remove that kinda stuff would only be helpful, in my opinion.

Kites:
2012 TS 7,9,12/2007 Waroo 3,5/2009 Kahoona 9.5
Flexifoil Ion 2 8.5
HQ Hydra 350
Naish Helix 2, Cult 3,4.5
Ozone Zephyr 17m
Rides:
2011 Best Profanity 134, Cabrinha Kiteskate, Cabrinha Nugget, 2k9 Cabrinha Plasma 146x50, 2k9 Flexifoil Delta 139x41.5, 2011 Slingshot Darko 135x41, Slingshot Scud, Tona wakeskate, Flexifoil Flexdeck, MBS Pro 90, MBS Ambush x 2, some oldskool buggy
awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 9-24-2010 at 11:42 AM

Welcome to the online world called the internet. :)

Seriously though, we have been very lucky here mostly do to the unrewarding work done by the current Moderators. I don't feel there is a need to increase the number of Moderators, they do an incredible job on keeping this forum running and clean of garbage. Unfortunately some of the scum does slip through every once in a while but as you can see, it does get cleaned up rather quickly.

The sad part is that there is no way to completely eliminate this type of thing from happening, after all this is a PUBLIC forum and there are some worthless loser scum such as jonesband1998 that purposely FEED on the public every chance they get. The best you can hope is that when it does happen, it gets taken care of right away. For the most part, the current PKF Admin's take care of these issues immediately, this last one was lucky enough to stick around for a day or so. It just happens.

I applaud PKF Admins for doing what they do behind the scenes, usually without any type of return or thanks, just so we can have this public community to share our experiences and knowledge.

indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 9-24-2010 at 03:39 PM

FWIW: Most trolls live in forests and it's best to let them rampage without an audience until the mods can take care of things. Let them knock over trees to their hearts content... unheard.
  • Don't talk about them in the forum.
  • Don't respond to them
  • Block their ids from your U2Us
  • Basically, starve them from the attention that they are so desperately seeking.

I know it's hard to not raise to their bait, and I could have heeded my own advice better in this case.

In the end PKF and the mods can nuke their posts leaving no evidence except as a cautionary tale if they choose.

In the most recent incident, by the second day pertinent and worthwhile threads were slowly reasserting their foothold and knocking all the other crap so that you had to scroll to get to them.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
bobalooie57

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 9-25-2010 at 08:45 AM

Gee Sam, you've got some talented cats!

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
pkf

Mood: Squiggly

[*] posted on 9-26-2010 at 02:31 AM

Thanks Kent and Sam. Unfortunately, this crap can and will occur from time to time - there are a lot of nuts on the Web! It is too easy to switch IPs and create multiple accounts in order to spam a board. Sam is correct... the most powerful weapon against such abuse is to report and ignore. Talking about them fuels their twisted ranting.

Thanks also to those who volunteered to moderate, but a team of mods could spend the whole day removing abusive posts as quickly as the abuser can create them. This idiot used multiple member names and IPs and the attack went on for hours. A super admin is required to actually put a stop to it. There can only be one super admin and I - with exception of last week - check the board daily.

Actions have been taken to prevent such attacks in the future, but these are common on public boards and we must expect it from time to time. If an attack occurs again, please be patient. I will undue their hours of work with a single click.

Goobers like Jonesband1998 who would attempt to harm others for whatever motive only end up hurting themselves.

The Power Kite Forum
Kite Traction Sports Community
http://www.powerkiteforum.com
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 9-26-2010 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pkf
Jonesband1998 and others who would attempt to harm others for whatever motive only end up harming themselves.

This is what I see. Jonesband is concerned that our forum makes him look bad then comes on here and proves he is insane. This is somehow supposed to make us respect him and his inferior gear ? Abuse like that has to be a lot more harmful to the abuser than it ever is to us?

Perhaps the fluke in timing was good. Exposing just how low this fellows disorder will take him. In my few years on this forum this stuff has been dealt with in very good time !

Keep up the good work and thanks again for all the effort ! :thumbup:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio