Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Want to learn to Kiteboard in the KC MO area
flipnk9

[*] posted on 2-4-2010 at 08:25 PM
Want to learn to Kiteboard in the KC MO area

I am an avid surfer, skateboarded, snowboarder, wakeboarder and just about anything boarder! I recently moved from SoCal to Missouri. My job brings me to KC for most of the Summer, I have allot of free time and want to spend my 50th birthday learning this sport (dont let the age fool you, I learned how to snowboard my first day at 49). Can anyone tell me who I can contact in the KC area, one that can point me in the right direction lesson wise etc. I want to do this right. Thanks so much.
flyjump

[*] posted on 2-5-2010 at 07:54 PM

There's a couple of us south of you in Springfield if you ever want to come down here and give it a try

flipnk9

[*] posted on 2-5-2010 at 08:07 PM

I actually live in Wheatland, but am a performer at Worlds of Fun all summer (muttallica dog show). Send me an e-mail address and maybe we can hook up when the weather warms up! Where do you go out your way?
soccerflyer

Mood: Wanting to Jump!

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 06:31 AM

I now live in central Kansas, about 3 hours from KC, but I am from the KC area. I haven't heard of any kiteboarding in the KC area, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There are several kiteboarders here on Cheney Lake near Wichita, KS. There is one guy who gives lessons too. But it is a bit of a drive from KC.

Let me know what you come up with.

Pansh Blaze 3M
Best Waroo 9M
GI AK 103
Mystic Seat Harness
lynx69

[*] posted on 2-14-2010 at 10:10 AM

Smithville Lake, 30 minutes north of KC. There is a small group that kiteboard on the lake when the weather is nice. There is a kite club in KC and they can give you more details @ kckiteclub.org Come on down to Springfield if your are interested in ATB. The place where flyjump and I fly really sucks right now because of mud and standing water. But March things should pick up. Welcome to Missouri!

A good sesh brings Karmic Kalm...

3.6m HQ Beamer
7m HQ Beamer
7.5m HQ Apex II
12m Waroo

Flexdeck
flipnk9

[*] posted on 2-14-2010 at 10:55 AM

Very cool, its funny last summer I kayaked Smithville a bunch of times but never saw kites. However I found a guy out their named Sean that is going to "show me the way" I'm guessing he is part of that group on Smithville.

Cant wait, since I have a few months before I get started is there a good training dvd out I can buy or see on youtube that will teach me the basics?

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio