Power Kite Forum

jumping with kite

doomwheels - 2-16-2003 at 09:10 AM

Copied from old forum:

January 2 2003 by haim  

I just bought a power kite and I wanted to know what is the best technice to jump with power kite

Thanks haim

doomwheels - 2-16-2003 at 09:10 AM

Copied from old forum:

January 17 2003 by Hutch

ever tryed the pendulum? while your kite is in the power zone say from left to right, you try running right to left if done correctly looks cool.

Broken Bob - 2-25-2003 at 06:06 AM

I have found that starting small and working your way up is the best way to get the maximum air.
first get your kite in the air directly above you. then guide it down to either side slowly still facing into the wind.
now turn your kite towards the center of wind window running the opposite direction to the kite. As the kite goes from vertical to horozontal and back to vertical try to return it to the top of the window again. This technique takes about a day of flying to lean but a bit longer to master.
Tip of the day: Start by keeping the kite quite high in the air and as you get more familiar with it start off with it lower at the edge of the window.
using a 4m Blade 2 and this technique in easy to manage winds I was getting about 8' - 11' off the ground and managing to travel about 25' in distance.
even with a 3.2m C-Quad (very bad Idea) I managed to jump 5' up and about 10' distance.

Notorious Bri - 2-28-2003 at 11:25 AM

Nothing wrong with jumping the C-quad, as long as you don`t damage yourself (kness for instance) doing it.

Truth be told, C-Quads are a bit to manic for sensible jumping

THCstoner - 5-6-2003 at 08:32 AM

hey, im thinklin of gettin a flexifoil super 10 to put on top of my 2 staker 6rs. U reacon that would be enough to get me sum air? if so how much u reacon?

TxDT - 5-6-2003 at 10:09 AM

Should be more than enough in the right wind. Best way to find out is try it. But try not to kill yourself. More people are hurt from kite jumping than most other kite traction.

THCstoner - 5-7-2003 at 12:08 AM

ah brilliant, i think that will be my plan then, cheers for the help

kitecrash - 5-7-2003 at 01:00 AM

Tip for linking Flexis:
Regardless if you are building a same-size stack or an escalating stack (one size larger than the previous)... set all kites at exactly 3 feet apart.

If too close, the kites will not lift properly at the back of the stack and will not climb to the top of the wind window. If too far apart, the stack will bounch and bobble not flying (or hovering) well as a team.

3ft link settings have always worked perfectly for me. I flew several 6's topped with a 10 and loved it! Lots of power yet more controllable by sterring off the 6er.

Todd

kyte jummping

KYTE SLINGER - 5-7-2003 at 07:37 AM

Lets say the wind window is a clock 12,3,6 and 9o'clock, bring your kite from the 12o.c. to the 3o.c and then back into the 12 o.c this should be enough to get u some lift X factor wind +kite size,try not to jump w/ the kite, create as much dead W8.If you ever get a chance to see some kite surfing you'll see them rail in as much of the body to gain more dead W8te

wheresthewind? - 11-15-2011 at 03:24 AM

reported

wheresthewind? - 11-15-2011 at 03:25 AM