Power Kite Forum

**** SOLD **** - Price Drop - For Sale: Prism Tensor 5.0 - Dual/Quadline power kite - $250 plus shipping

joedy - 14-7-2022 at 08:26 AM

SOLD

Price Drop: Lowered price.

For Sale: Prism Tensor 5.0 - Dual/Quadline power kite - $250 plus shipping. These are $550'ish new.
-
If it wasn't for some tell-tell sand in the bag, this kite would pass for new. I have not flown it as the second owner. Lines are still shiny and waxy. The quadline handle accessories appear to be unused. One of the zippers has some minor salt corrosion and I did not try to force it open. The other bag zipper works without issue. The sail is crinkly and loud and there appears to be a very minor stain on the back that I don't think the camera was able to pick up. I barely noticed it myself when taking the photos. The kite stake appears to be brand new and there's a new pigtail in the bag that I forgot to take a photo of. I sincerely think that this kite has only been flow a few times. I suspect that the previous owner quickly realized how powerful it is and got scared of it (which is both smart and wise.)

Currently located in Fort Worth if anyone is local.

Pictures are posted here: https://flic.kr/p/2nybKsn

Please email me at joedydrulia@hotmail.com or send me a text message to 469460-zeero-too-seven_three if interested. I have other gear that I will be listing soon.

Also of note: I accidentally photographed a PKB board leash that was in the kite bag. This will not be sold with the kite, but with the pending RadSails landboard that I will be listing for sale soon.

zipper corrosion

tomdiving - 15-7-2022 at 06:35 AM

keep the salty zipper wet with vinegar for a day or 2 and the corrosion will go away enough to make the zip functional again.
i bought a used viron a while ago with REALLY corroded bag zips and it took some digging to discover the vinegar info, but the result was well worth it.

joedy - 15-7-2022 at 03:05 PM

I agree, Tom. Baking soda and vinegar will often dissolve the corrosion enough to restore the zipper pull.

For broken zipper pulls, I've used FixnZip zipper replacements for easy fixes. FixnZips come in several sizes and keeps from having to replace the entire zipper for just a corroded pull.

joedy - 17-9-2022 at 06:17 PM

Price Drop: $250 plus shipping

joedy - 21-9-2022 at 05:54 PM

Kite is pending sold.

-joedy