Power Kite Forum

Born-Kite 12.5m LongStar2 RTF

Windstruck - 5-12-2018 at 01:31 PM

Edit (8-31-18) - SOLD

Randy - 5-12-2018 at 01:41 PM

Looking at picture number 2, I am wondering if M(r/s). Poodles might have something to do do with you desire to sell the kite at such a bargain price.......:)

Windstruck - 5-12-2018 at 04:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Randy  
Looking at picture number 2, I am wondering if M(r/s). Poodles might have something to do do with you desire to sell the kite at such a bargain price.......:)

Bonus footage of my bride and our dog! The pup is a labradoodle. My bride just rolls her eyes at my whole kite obsession. :karate:

adambweird - 5-12-2018 at 05:42 PM

If only i didnt have a new rc car on order.....

Windstruck - 5-12-2018 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by adambweird  
If only i didnt have a new rc car on order.....

Where's your sense of adventure? The RC car could steer the kite!

Ed Cline - 5-12-2018 at 08:29 PM

So some one left a dead guy in Steve's driveway, he wants to roll the body up in a kite and mail it to us.

PS labradoodle's are pretty bright dogs, when its older it will probably roll its eyes too.

Blitzhound - 5-13-2018 at 07:51 PM

I almost want to buy it for no other reason than to compare it to the peak3 12m sadly MY bride says I have already exceeded my annual kite quota.

eric67m - 5-13-2018 at 08:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Blitzhound  
I almost want to buy it for no other reason than to compare it to the peak3 12m sadly MY bride says I have already exceeded my annual kite quota.

But were not even half way through the year...

Then again my extra "kite" money comes from selling things on Craigslist and offer up.

Windstruck - 5-14-2018 at 10:29 AM

I messed up my EU to USD calculations and edited my original posting in this thread. Turns out I'm offering this kite for 56%, not 60% off of new! Not changing the price, but now you can know that you are getting an even better deal!!! :cool:

utahtami - 5-14-2018 at 11:55 AM

Steve, I'm guessing if this popped up on the forum at this price you would buy another one! Quick someone grab it before he decides to keep it!

soliver - 5-14-2018 at 04:29 PM

Sooo... many... bridles!!!!

Hey gang, this is a deal on a kite I know is likely in outstanding shape!!!! ... I got Steve's 12m Peak 2 from him with way more use than this and it was in great shape!... Buy with confidence from a great seller!

Tearin' up the Golden Isles, GA with that Peak this week!!!!

Good luck with the sales Steve!!!

Windstruck - 5-18-2018 at 08:07 AM

Price reduction for this Session Saver. :o

Randy - 5-18-2018 at 08:46 AM

Steve,

I am a little puzzled. I recall in your Race Star review you indicated you kind of like the LongStar 2 better, as it was a bit more of a relaxed experience. Have I missed a review update or something?

Windstruck - 5-18-2018 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Randy  
Steve,

I am a little puzzled. I recall in your Race Star review you indicated you kind of like the LongStar 2 better, as it was a bit more of a relaxed experience. Have I missed a review update or something?

Randy,

No, you have every reason to be puzzled. After thinking about it more I sort of refined my thinking on the RSs, in my case, for the larger sizes. I'm not that concerned if this 12.5m LS2 (and a 9.5m LS2 to follow) doesn't sell. On Ivanpah the rolling resistance is so low that these larger kites are really only usable in extremely low wind before they become too much kite for the conditions (read pilot). The large RSs are more maneuverable than the large LS2s and in very light wind conditions the LS2s are somewhat slow movers. In higher rolling resistance situations such as riding on grass, snow, or sand, these large kites are flown in more wind so this isn't a problem. The overwhelming amount of riding I'm doing these days is rare trips to Ivanpah for several days at a time, and I want responsive low wind kites like the 9.0 and 11.0m RSs so I don't drive all the way down there and then get skunked with light wind.

These (12.5 and 9.5m LS2s) are SUPERB low wind engines in the right setting.

jimbocz - 5-19-2018 at 12:34 AM

Got a few questions if you don't mind.
You flew this kite on the playa, but now it is in Germany. You may have already posted this, but why?
Is the price in Euros because we are paying Born-Kite?
Can you quote a price in Euros?
Is it still covered by any warranty?
Does it include a bar and lines?
Thanks

eric67m - 5-19-2018 at 03:13 AM

I believe he is selling his used kite.

He may have confused some people by adding what it would cost if they were to buy the same kite right, now as a new kite from born in Germany.

Windstruck - 5-19-2018 at 05:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jimbocz  
Got a few questions if you don't mind.
You flew this kite on the playa, but now it is in Germany. You may have already posted this, but why?
Is the price in Euros because we are paying Born-Kite?
Can you quote a price in Euros?
Is it still covered by any warranty?
Does it include a bar and lines?
Thanks

Thanks for reaching out about this, and sorry if my statements on price have caused some sort of confusion. As Eric stated, this is a used kite being sold "kite only" (without lines or bar) and the kite is in the US (Utah, to be more specific). It is in great shape; I simply want to have some RaceStars for ultra light wind days.

My discussion of price was to alert other potential US buyers of what it would cost them to buy this kite new. For us in the States the only way to buy Born-Kites is from Germany as I described. It would cost somebody about twice as much in USD to get this kite new over here.

If you are interested in buying this kite and having it mailed to the UK please send me a U2U message and we'll work something out. Thanks!

Ed Cline - 5-22-2018 at 11:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Windstruck  
Quote: Originally posted by Ed Cline  
Hmmmm. Bottom Feeder alert.. Stay interested Steve, but don't do anything rash, until my kite budget recharges a little..:bigok:

Yeah..... no. Not happening. My LS2s and NS3s are going to grow right where they are planted thank you very much. :evil:

Someone bump this out of the way, I'm interested in the 9 :ninja:

utahtami - 6-1-2018 at 12:03 PM

This kite is still available?! It's a steal.

Windstruck - 7-12-2018 at 06:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by utahtami  
This kite is still available?! It's a steal.

I know, right? :D

I've just updated this listing to include the venerable 5-line Universal Control Bar, so now this kite comes RTF (formally was KO)!

[img][/img]

Ed Cline - 7-12-2018 at 08:49 AM

Now you're talking....
Just barely over half price of a new LS, and 14oz lighter than the newest peak, with the frontline safety reef line installed and adjusted.

Almost a pound lighter? That makes this a light wind kite compared to the peak. A series of words I never expected to see together.

Of course this offer comes right after I spent 1358. On a peak and bar.
Still haven't figured how to install the FLS.....

And if your wife kicks you out you have something to sleep on.

Windstruck - 7-12-2018 at 09:04 AM

Now you're talking....
Just barely over half price of a new LS, and 14oz lighter than the newest peak, with the frontline safety reef line installed and adjusted.

Almost a pound lighter? That makes this a light wind kite compared to the peak. A series of words I never expected to see together.

Of course this offer comes right after I spent 1358. On a peak and bar.
Still haven't figured how to install the FLS.....

And if your wife kicks you out you have something to sleep on.

Funny thing is, that isn't me! I know it looks a bit like me (ruggedly handsome, muscular, OK... balding) but it is a fellow enthusiast from New Zealand.

Oh, and for the record, replacement cost before shipping and other charges from Germany is 739 EU for the kite and 349 EU for the bar. At today's EU to USD exchange rate that comes to $1,275. So my asking price of $600 for kite and bar shipped at my cost comes in well below 50%, not "just over half price". Just sayin.... :frog:

jeffnyc - 7-12-2018 at 10:11 AM

Wow, I can't believe no one is jumping on this. Total steal.

Totally thought that was you in the photo! Who is it - someone from Extreme?

Ed Cline - 7-12-2018 at 11:07 AM

So how do we know you're the real Pokey? I think Steve's double kid (ruggedly handsome) napped him and is selling his kites. The real Windstruck is always up for a little forum fun.

Make him post a picture petting his dog. Make him quote Foghorn L.. we need to be sure.

Sorry I figured the money wrong, exchange rate minus VAT plus shipping I get confused. This I'm sure of though. This kind of deal usually shows up later in the kite models lifespan.

Windstruck - 7-12-2018 at 03:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jeffnyc  
Wow, I can't believe no one is jumping on this. Total steal.

Totally thought that was you in the photo! Who is it - someone from Extreme?

Yipskippity - BigTone!

https://www.extremekites.com.au/topic/16520-born-kite-longst...

Blitzhound - 7-12-2018 at 04:10 PM

Ed Cline: You need to let go of those 12m peak3 fantasies and snatch this thing up. You don't get any better than a Windstruck sale. Great guy, Great Gear, Great Prices. $600 RTF for a 12.5m SS beauty! You CAN'T go wrong! I guarantee it. If you're not happy with your purchase. I'll refund your money and pay shipping to me. Your out nothing but a little bit of your time.

jeffnyc - 7-12-2018 at 07:22 PM

Yipskippity, now I remember!

Windstruck - 8-31-2018 at 06:39 AM

Sold!

cheezycheese - 8-31-2018 at 07:16 AM

Good... now someone can buy my Peak :thumbup:

Ed Cline - 8-31-2018 at 08:47 AM

Go ahead Steve, you know you want it :evil:
And we know you have the money now.
Go for the upgrade.

Windstruck - 8-31-2018 at 09:38 AM

Go ahead Steve, you know you want it :evil:
And we know you have the money now.
Go for the upgrade.

Upgrade????????????????? :puzzled:

I just bought an 11m Born-Kite RaceStar. Now that's an upgrade. :evil:

The big lingering question in my mind (hopefully answered next week at Fall SOBB) is whether I want the 6:1 AR RS in the 5.0m size or whether I'm going to keep flying my 5.5m LS2 along with my 3.5m LS2. As the wind gets higher these comparatively small DPs start to really zip through the sky and I'm not sure if I'm man enough to handle the V8 in the 5m range. If the answer is "No, young man, stay with the LS AR in the small kites" then I'm just going to have to sit quietly in the corner and wait patiently for Steffen to bring his RS enhancements down into the LS line and come out with a LS3 line.

I'm certainly known for being both quiet and patient.... :saint:

Ed Cline - 8-31-2018 at 10:50 AM

Oh yeah. Quiet and Patient Steve we call you.
Tom is looking a 6 right now so....
We met the other day and flew a Peak3 12, a 2 9m and your cheeseburger and your 12.5 star on a broomstick. Did your ears burn?