Power Kite Forum

MG Croozer

Blitzhound - 8-14-2016 at 08:52 PM

So...I recently picked up a couple of new buggies. One of them is an MG Croozer. I finally got to go out and get to know her a bit. I have to say she is amazing. I love it. She fits me like a glove and it has takin me to a new level. I'm still a newbie. I don't deny it. Anyway....I'm feeling pretty proud of myself and the progression I've made and wanted to share

ssayre - 8-14-2016 at 09:00 PM

Very nice. where did you find the buggy?

ssayre - 8-14-2016 at 09:02 PM

Also, how do you compare using the lei to your other depowers? Always wanted to give one a try.

bigkid - 8-14-2016 at 10:58 PM

how dare you touch that bug, he was told to call me if he ever decided to sell it. I should have kept that one, the best buggy I ever owned.
Dont leave it setting around unoccupied, I know every inch of that buggy. The stories I could tell about it.My second buggy rack was built specifically for the MG. If I ever see it sitting by itself, I will steal it back. BEWARE! :evil:
One sweet ride my friend, you will enjoy it for ever more.

Blitzhound - 8-14-2016 at 11:12 PM

To be honest...I think they are relatively comparable. The foils can handle a little more abuse than an inflatable. But if you know how they're just as easy to launch and land, and very stable. The LEI's are definitely not for low wind. In lighter winds I would definitely turn to a foil. This was my first time flying this kite on a homemade bar setup. It still needs some tuning. Even without being completely dialed in this kite was just plain FUN! Very responsive, not very lifty, and pulled like crazy. The acceleration coming out of the downturn is just Awesome. To be fair though I'm still a bit of a noob and most of my kites are old, cheap, secondhanders. But that's what I like about these LEI's. There cheap! I paid $300 for my NEO, $400 for the Montana, and $600 for the Phantom. I picked up 3 LEI's for $50 each. The 7m in this video had only ever been flown 4 times and has a one pump system. The other two needed some minor repair. To the tune of about $10 worth of sail tape, and a $5 bladder patch kit.

Blitzhound - 8-15-2016 at 03:24 PM

Sorry Jeff. She has a good home on the coast. I have had her out almost everyday this week. She is a sweet ride. She live's indoors when not at the beach. Snatching this bug would be like nabbing one of my kids. Although I do have a teenager with a bad attitude I wouldn't mind parting with for awhile. Haha! I promise no harm will ever come to her. Speaking of buggy racks. I gotta make one now. The Croozer doesn't fit in the bed of my truck as well as the Little Vmax did. Haha! If you still have your rack do you think I could get a pic of your setup? My email is blitzhound@gmail.com

Anytime you wanna come on down to the Southern Oregon Coast you just let me know and I'll throw some beer on ice and some salmon in the smoker! I'll even share my local hot spot with ya.

bigkid - 8-15-2016 at 03:40 PM

:thumbup:

Bladerunner - 8-15-2016 at 06:16 PM

This is another video that is just a black bar for me.

Can you please copy a link.

BeamerBob - 8-15-2016 at 06:27 PM

I imagine that is the MG that Dino once owned. It fit me nicely too. It was my first experience in a European race buggy. It's good when good stuff with a history finds another happy home. Ride it like you stole it!

ssayre - 8-15-2016 at 07:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bladerunner  
This is another video that is just a black bar for me.

Can you please copy a link.

they are like that on my computer as well. trying a different browser sometimes works or using a mobile device should work. Not sure what the problem is. I'm using safari but if I use firefox it works. I think chrome works as well.

https://youtu.be/w59TmkE-e3Q

bigkid - 8-15-2016 at 07:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BeamerBob  
I imagine that is the MG that Dino once owned. It fit me nicely too. It was my first experience in a European race buggy. It's good when good stuff with a history finds another happy home. Ride it like you stole it!

Nope, its a different one. This one came from the Netherlands for NABX and returned to my trailer after the event until I sold it to Chris. This was the buggy that I compared to the Appex with the tire/wheel changes that didnt sit well with some.
The stories I could tell about this buggy...........

Blitzhound - 8-15-2016 at 08:32 PM

Well...now I get to make my own stories about this buggy. But...I'm a sailor. I like a good sea/buggy story. Feel free to share as many as you like. This buggy was my first experience in anything other then my Vmax. However I do remember sitting in your Apexx at SOBB Bob. But that's the extent of my experience. I recently picked up a Libre Hardcore as well. But it's still in the shipping process so I haven't had a chance to try it out. But am looking forward to it. Just to make sure things are straight. The hardcore is intended to be for my son and the occasional tandem ride with one of the other kids. I have found my zen in the MG.

Here is a link...I think?
https://youtu.be/w59TmkE-e3Q

3shot - 8-15-2016 at 08:34 PM

Nice ride. Vid too!

Blitzhound - 2-24-2018 at 12:38 PM

Had some amazing buggy time in the MG Croozer a few weeks ago. Four days in a row of nonstop buggy action in my new favorite buggy spot. Whiskey Run Beach, just north of Bandon Or. I put together a little video to share my excitement. Can not wait to get out again.

Blitzhound - 6-18-2018 at 07:24 AM

The ol'Croozer got a new pair of shoes today. Gearing up for Alvord in the next few weeks.

[img][/img]

eric67m - 6-18-2018 at 07:28 AM

Man, that thing looks fast. Looking good blitzhound.

sand flea - 6-18-2018 at 03:55 PM

I dig the new shoes!
Any idea what the 1 wheel and tire weigh?
Thanks and welcome home John

mougl - 6-18-2018 at 05:25 PM

Sweeeeeet looking ride and those wheels are awesome!!!