Power Kite Forum

Blade III 4.0

ravv1 - 3-7-2004 at 08:18 PM

Well, I have a Blade III 4.0 and went to the beach in 15-20 MPH winds and It would not lift me. It pulled like hell but there was no dragging, scudding, jumping or lifting of any sorts. I weigh 190 pounds and am consider my self pretty strong. I just got the kite and dont know if I should have gotten a different kite. Is there something Im doing wrong? One thing I noticed is that the outside edges of the kite are curling in way too much, but I cant see anything wrong with the way all the wires are.....what do you think?

MboardX - 3-8-2004 at 04:34 AM

sounds like your brake lines are too tight and the kite is not getting enough forward flight. try lengthening your brake lines a bit until the kite freely flies to near overhead, but still tight enough to turn and depower the kite.

btw: why did you create a forum poll with only one option?

withnal - 8-4-2004 at 09:25 AM

I have just recently started flying a blade III 4.0 as well. On the brake lines coming from the kite their are two knots, you should attach the break lines with a larkshead knot above the 1 nearest the kite. It does not mention this in the manual that I have but it does if you download the latest version from the flexifoil website. Hope this helps