Power Kite Forum

2016 leopard (buggy)

carltb - 12-29-2015 at 03:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MHXR4r7e5M

alasdair macleod - 12-29-2015 at 05:52 PM

Cracking video Carltb!

volock - 12-30-2015 at 02:58 PM

How is the Leopard as a buggy kite? Especially is not solely concentrating on freestyle/air? I've been debating picking up a couple Leopards as they look awesome for my ATB and Snow usage, but as I own a buggy, I'm wondering if they're "okay" enough in it, IE sit forward enough in the window and behave nicely. Awesome video, but all the air is the wrong end of the buggy scale for me currently when making kite decisions.

carltb - 12-30-2015 at 03:35 PM

I'm not really the guy to be asking then as I'm all about air. I don't do run up and down the beach all day. but it is high AR so put it on its side and the lift then become pull

hiaguy - 12-30-2015 at 04:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by volock  
How is the Leopard as a buggy kite? Especially is not solely concentrating on freestyle/air? I've been debating picking up a couple Leopards as they look awesome for my ATB and Snow usage, but as I own a buggy, I'm wondering if they're "okay" enough in it, IE sit forward enough in the window and behave nicely. Awesome video, but all the air is the wrong end of the buggy scale for me currently when making kite decisions.

Carl makes it look so easy...
But if you're looking for a PL depower for buggy use, take a look at the Lynx. I'm all about NO hang time - there's nothing in sport that makes me want to leave the ground - and they certainly do the job for me. PL lists them as a snow kite with wider wind ranges than the Leopard, and as being more suitable for board use. But any kite that provides lift on a board, will also lift in a buggy if you ask it to (or send it up by mistake).