Power Kite Forum

ok to do non power kite reviews

shortlineflyer - 12-16-2014 at 11:31 AM

So I mostly fly power kites but I started out with dual line stunt kites. Now, I know this review sections mainly caters to the power aspect of kiting but would it be OK if I did some reviews for some of the stunt kites that I have. I know alot of people who fly power also do duals

BeamerBob - 12-16-2014 at 12:19 PM

Worst case, no one would be interested. Toss it out there and see how it works out.

Demoknight - 12-16-2014 at 01:41 PM

I really like my Prism E2 and E3 :) Big smooth stunters. I haven't flown them in over two years though. They break too easily, lol. I am way too rough with my rigid kites after heaving 8m fixed bridles and 20m+ depowers around for the last few years. I lack some of the subtle touch I used to have for snap stalls and slide stalls and flic flacs. Now I just rip the spars out of the kite when I try any of the tricks I used to be able to do. And I am not even talking about hitting the ground!

Edit: Corrected my time machine kite purchases to E2 and E3.

ssayre - 12-16-2014 at 02:02 PM

I love my micron. I don't know any technical tricks but it's lightning fast and fun to fly.

3shot - 12-16-2014 at 06:04 PM

Heck. I like to tie a parafoil to the back of my beach chair while having a few cold ones on the beach. Lol

indigo_wolf - 12-16-2014 at 06:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Demoknight  
I really like my Prism E3 and E4 :)

E4?! :puzzled:

The E3 replaced the E2, but unless you got a preproduction from Mark... E4 confuzzles me.

ATB,
Sam

riffclown - 12-16-2014 at 06:43 PM

I like my Bebop and the Bolero stack. Would love to read about your experiences with other kites. Been thinking about a Maestro and a FazerXL

awindofchange - 12-16-2014 at 08:06 PM

The Maestro is a great kite, the Fazer XL And XXL are also great kites but quite different in design and feel. The Fazer's have a very flat sail and are designed more towards speed than tricks. The XXL is quite impressive. :) My favorite Dual line kites right now is either my Widow Makers, Deep Space and Talons.

B-Roc - 12-17-2014 at 10:13 AM

I flew mostly ULs and SULs and never got into the high A/R, weighted kites scene (started with the STX, I think) but do love my JITBs in normal winds and my Wahoo in moderate-high winds. I use to fly 3Ds on 12 foot lines right in my yard and I customized my Ozone bridle to make it more cascade / flick friendly (much to the shock of some at the time). Most of my trick kites haven't seen the light of day in 3-5 years.

Demoknight - 12-30-2014 at 10:20 AM

Same here B-Roc. The last time I got my E3 out was almost two years ago, and the first thing I did was a backroll and my timing was totally wrong and I pulled to unroll it and snapped a spar that went flying out into lake Michigan...

888huskers - 1-14-2015 at 07:41 PM

OK by me, I love my Mighty Bug .5, I fly it with my 3 year old daughter. She's helped me fly it before she was 2 and she loves it :) . You gotta start them young, my dad taught me to fly a R/C sailplane competitively before I could ride a bike so I'm always looking for something new to fly that would be fun for the family or people who might be intimidated by the 4 line kites.