Power Kite Forum

Time to make Reservations for WBB Fall bash!

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-1-2013 at 05:13 PM

Ok everyone! It's that time of year when we make our reservations for the next WBB! October will be here before you know it, and we will be ripping up and down the beach just like always! As most of you know, the October bash is the most attended bash of the year. With that being said, don't wait to book your room. We will not have competition with the other group like we did this Spring so there should be enough room, but lets not take that chance!

This is still a NAPKA event so make sure you are current. For those of you who attended the Spring Bash, I think you can speak for how simple things were, as well as how the bash did not change.

For those interested in going and are not NAPKA members please feel free to contact me or go ahead and become a NAPKA member (www.napka.org) and join in on the fun. Remember that you only need be a member if you plan on buggying, ATBing or bringing a dirtsurfer. Wives, kids, friends that do not participate in the piloting of beach vehicles need not be members to attend. Static kite fliers are also exempt from being members.

Rates same as April 2013

$135 for 2 nights for 2 people
$145 for 2 nights for 2 adults/2 children under 12

Any additional nights added to the 2 nights stay
$65 per night for 2 adults
$75 per night for 2 adults/2 children under 12

Shalimar Resorts 609-522-0609

See everyone in a few months!

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-1-2013 at 05:20 PM

Just in case you forgot, the dates are October 16th through October 20th.

Also make sure you let them know you are with the WBB group.

martinipro - 8-1-2013 at 06:07 PM

:bouncy: Im ready!!!!

flyhighWNY - 8-1-2013 at 06:15 PM

Looking like the lady is game just have to promise a night or 2 in AC! So what are the 2 days not to miss?

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-1-2013 at 07:16 PM

Best plan is to Come Monday to AC and spend the two days there and get them out of the way. If the wind is on, you won't want to miss any of the days! but Saturday is the big BBQ day.

Kober - 8-1-2013 at 10:15 PM

I need new buggy ..... please ... buy my stuff .... lol ...
.... I am truly waiting to see you all ....

bugymangp - 8-2-2013 at 07:02 AM

i`m all set just got off the phone with the hotel
lets pray for good weather and wind.

feel the wind where you never felt it before
BUGGY NAKED

rocfighter - 8-3-2013 at 08:50 AM

I need to make some threatening calls to a couple friends and make sure there going :evil:. Then I will make the reservations!! I am still going with or without them. I'm even missing a free food wedding for this!:D

hiaguy - 8-3-2013 at 09:15 AM

Dave, your food loss is our gain. Glad you'll be back in the seat again.

See y'all in 74 days!

rocfighter - 8-4-2013 at 04:43 AM

Thanks Howard. I can't wait to be there. The food at the bash will probably be better than the wedding anyway. They never lick the burgers and chicken at those things:P

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-5-2013 at 07:54 PM

OK, so at least 6 people have signed up to come! Let your friends know that usually go to make sure everyone is getting the info! I am sending an email up norf to the French Canadian group! I am sure they are spending nearly every day on the water so I may have to send a message in a bottle!

The days are clicking by pretty quick!

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-15-2013 at 04:59 PM

Anyone else book in yet??? Hoping to see many familiar faces as well as some new ones!

silvereaglekiter - 8-16-2013 at 03:48 PM

my rooms booked ill be their all week :P

Crash then swim - 8-17-2013 at 01:01 AM

Add two for me and Owen. We'll be there early with a few extra buggies, trying to coerce some newbies to take up with us. We can't wait. I'm hoping to get in a ride while I'm down here in Australia.

rocfighter - 8-17-2013 at 09:08 AM

HOLY COW!!! They let you in Australia?? How long are you there? I can have some one show you around. To buggy there place a post on the meet up page. Skydog has a retailer there as well. John Holgate is a big time rider there as well. I hope this isn't an all work trip.

mainekite2 - 8-19-2013 at 02:09 PM

Reservations made. Can't wait. Should I start packing yet?

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-19-2013 at 05:25 PM

Sure, start packing, but I will warn you, it will be tough on gas mileage till it's time to go! :D

tridude - 8-20-2013 at 01:36 AM

Might have my wife convinced on a WWBB/ NYC vacay with more to come.........another clear pet scan next month could equate to we be on the way.................y'all need a bit o southern influence up there in Oct............fingers crossed! What the hell booked anyway.....done :duh::duh::duh::yes::yes:

BEC - 8-20-2013 at 04:41 AM

Like I really needed to post to say I was coming....:thumbup: I thought that it was just a given....:thumbup: Can't wait to hear the hum of my lines as I'm cruisin down that beach...:thumbup: Yes...as some will say...screaming like a girl.... @ 40mph

This year extra axle bolts!

Quote: Originally posted by shehatesmyhobbies  
Anyone else book in yet??? Hoping to see many familiar faces as well as some new ones!

shehatesmyhobbies - 8-20-2013 at 04:43 AM

Don, it would be awesome to see you my southern friend!

Bruce, I knew it would take an awful lot for you to not be there

ragden - 8-27-2013 at 03:38 PM

Room reserved.
So... yeah... i might be showing up ;)

rocfighter - 9-5-2013 at 10:51 AM

Just made our reservation. We will be there on Wednesday and going home on Sunday:thumbup:. Can't wait to get there.:D

Time to make Reservations for WBB Fall bash!

podsds - 9-6-2013 at 04:20 AM

1st timer, two new pilots arriving Friday, going home Sunday.
Looking forward to it.

I didn't get e-mail confirmation from the Shalimar; is this common or do I need to call to be sure they are locked in?

rocfighter - 9-6-2013 at 06:49 AM

I don't remember ever getting one. You may want to any way.

bugymangp - 9-6-2013 at 08:18 AM

i did but it took a few days

hiaguy - 9-6-2013 at 04:18 PM

The confirmation has shown up within a couple of days each time I've booked.
I expect the next one next week!
Looking forward to seeing all of you soon (with Josh too)!

Kober - 9-6-2013 at 04:47 PM

Booked Thursday - Sunday .....

rocfighter - 9-7-2013 at 05:27 AM

Got mine in two days this year.
Howard I can't wait the chat with you again.

Tibi - 9-16-2013 at 01:21 PM

I'll be there Friday to Sunday.

hiaguy - 9-16-2013 at 02:21 PM

Hey Dave, looking forward to seeing you too. Hopefully, you'll be able to fly/ride this trip.
Rich, can't wait to hear tales of the left coast. Do they really have as much fun as we do? Do they have someone to scream their way down the beach?
BTW, you're right about a pre-pack killing the gas mileage
I've only had two "good" buggy sessions all summer :mad: I can't wait to be on the beach:D
30 days and counting...

tridude - 9-25-2013 at 09:49 AM

clean pet scan....................headed north bound............what should I expect for water temps..............Im thinkin hi 50s/low 60s dependin on mom nature over the next 20 some dayz! gettin stoaked yall..........found this link in case anyone else is hitting the aqua!

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Wildwood/seatemp

shehatesmyhobbies - 9-25-2013 at 10:59 AM

Don, have you booked already? I am so glad to hear you are gonna make it, it's gonna be awesome riding with you again. Probably spot on for water temps. The jersey crew said it is getting a little chilly. Bring the buggy as well in case the winds don't favor water riding.

tridude - 9-25-2013 at 11:29 AM

Rich,

Molly and I have been booked. I spoke with a young lady at the desk this morning and we are good to go. We booked an efficiency apt/room. Kudos to the young lady on the phone this morning. Cant remember her name but she was very nice! As for the buggy, I sold it at JIBE this year. Its aqua or an empty buggy for me. No worries, I can get plenty of Go Pro footage and assist with some of the newer buggy, static, or water folks...........................:thumbup::D:lol::lol::o:o

hiaguy - 9-25-2013 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tridude  
clean pet scan....

On any beach this is great news.
See you on the beach!