Power Kite Forum

Assateague Island MD Sept 28-Oct 1

Jaymz - 9-20-2012 at 08:36 PM

A few of us PKF'ers (Kober, Robert, Martinipro) are heading down to Assateague Island MD for camping, kiteboarding, biking, kayaking, r&r, etc. Friday Sept 28 - Oct.1. We have a site reserved at Assateague National Campground Bayside Loop C which is a short walk to the bayside kite launch. Oceanside is 1/2 mile drive. Bathhouse is 100' away.

Join us if you can.

ragden - 9-21-2012 at 04:32 AM

I'll try for a day trip, things are finally getting better. I MIGHT actually be able to join you guys...
:)

martinipro - 9-21-2012 at 05:07 AM

That would be awesome man! glad things are looking better!

rocfighter - 9-21-2012 at 05:21 AM

WOW I would LOVE to join you guys. I doubt I can but I will pester Sandy!!

Kober - 9-21-2012 at 11:54 AM

I will have new Gin Uru kites with me if anyone is interested to demo those .... 14m and 10m ....
Lets hope we get some wind ... and plenty of good time .... Thanks Jaymz for putting this together ....
Ragden ..... wish you can make it

Jaymz - 9-21-2012 at 05:40 PM

Great news Michael! Hope you can join us. We need a veteran out there with us ;)
I'm all over thoses Uru's Konrad!

Kober - 9-28-2012 at 02:30 AM

Getting ready ....
Dont forget GoPros ...... Dont forget GoPros ...... Dont forget GoPros ...... Dont forget GoPros ...... lol

Wind is blowing and calling all kiters in MD .... come out and play ....

Looks interesting and Loooong

skimtwashington - 9-28-2012 at 05:25 AM

How many miles of riding down there?

Looks like an interesting, maybe pristine place..?

How is the sand..how wide riding area, surface condition, etc?
They seem to allow cars offroad(on beach).... any problem the cars get in the way?

Don't hit the wild ponies..what? Wild ponies?!!:wow:

Hope you guys get a break on the weather.... not looking so great. Ride in the rain? Best wishes!

rocfighter - 9-28-2012 at 05:49 AM

Brian rain is why they invented closed cell kites right?
I have buggied in the rain and had a great time. Right Patrick and Bobby?:wee: But open cells fill up with water. Better to use inflato's or single walls.

lad - 9-28-2012 at 06:15 AM

I could only come out if someone will give me kiteboarding lessons! :P

Good point Dave!

skimtwashington - 9-28-2012 at 06:33 AM

Quote:

Brian rain is why they invented closed cell kites right? But open cells fill up with water. Better to use inflato's or single walls.

Rainy day kites!

Can always use my Paraski flex or Nasa single wall non-foils!

:wee::roll::wee::roll:

martinipro - 9-28-2012 at 06:41 AM

Car is packed, drove in to work!
Will be heading straight down from here!

WHERE IS THE WIND?!

Kober - 10-1-2012 at 10:07 PM

We are back .... !!!!
Not too windy ... but we get two sessions with ours 19m foils ...... and I done my first night kiteboarding session ...
I think we be goiing back this year again ....
Wild horses, kayaking, biking. kiting, grill, camp fire and beer .... If you ket me .... I can do that any day .... lol ...

Frathouse - 10-2-2012 at 09:56 AM

Love assateague it's my favorite place to ride but the wind reports this weekend were not good enough to warrant the drive.

Jaymz - 10-2-2012 at 07:44 PM

Was a real nice weekend with friends at Assateague. We got in a few hours of light wind riding, kayaking, hiking/biking, and good times around the camp fire. Konrads midnight twilight session was one to remember.

A few pics from the weekend here.
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff38/Jaymz996/Assateague%...

P9300318.JPG - 85kB