Power Kite Forum

Gusty much?

Kamikuza - 5-18-2012 at 12:03 AM

This morning looked the best for wind and I had no classes scheduled so I took 3 hours off and hit the lake.

Man ... punchy as hell - from being unable to get up on a plane to being driven downwind at warp speed and face planting :lol:

One jump though :ticking: went up on a good jump then got lifted by a gust - at the peak I was looking over the trees next to the road and down into the carpark of the clubhouse ... gotta do the trig on that :lol:

The funny thing though, was as I'd gone straight up and I was just hanging there waiting to go down and was prepared to falafel the kite around to control the vertical descent.

I was not expecting to fly BACKWARDS into the wind :wee: splashed down with a late redirect and popped up riding - that counts in my book :D

Bladerunner - 5-18-2012 at 06:35 AM

Sweet !

Now you know you can handle it next time and enjoy the ride ! :smug: ;-)

Cheddarhead - 5-18-2012 at 01:22 PM

Sounds like the wind we get around here:bigok:

flyjump - 5-18-2012 at 01:53 PM

The backwards glide is scary when you don't expect it!

Kamikuza - 5-18-2012 at 04:29 PM

Yeah but :lol: the problem was next time the mega-gust hit, when I was already on a fast tack - I went rocketing off like warp factor, trying to ride it out ... ended up hitting a wave, catching a lip on the board and face-planting - several times as I spun and bounced :lol:

flyjump - 5-18-2012 at 05:08 PM

Gotta love the glide :) scared the crap outta me a few weeks ago. I guess its time to loop the big foils:dunno:

Kamikuza - 5-20-2012 at 07:13 AM

w00t! Good ol' GoPro for the battery life - had another 3Gb file that I missed cos of the whacky file-name formatting and only just found. Shame about the fogging ... and the jump looks lame on film :ticking:

erratic winds - 5-20-2012 at 07:50 AM

"This file is private"

c'mon c'mon kami, don't be a tease

Kamikuza - 5-20-2012 at 05:34 PM

Hmm ... made it unlisted - that was the option I wanted, I think :D should work now!

flyjump - 5-20-2012 at 05:56 PM

very cool kami....... gotta love those jumps:)

Kamikuza - 5-20-2012 at 09:16 PM

Those trees behind the beach are 10-15 meters tall and I could see the houses behind them :o gutted it didn't come out on the film though ...