Power Kite Forum

airrush lift 7.4m kite only fs

flyguy0101 - 11-2-2010 at 11:33 AM

cleaning out some room and have an old c-kite airrush 7.4m, I bought this kite used before i knew any better- anyone crazy enough to want it - bladders hold air and kite is in decent shape although the bag is rough. $50.00 or make me an offer. its kite only

jokiter - 11-2-2010 at 02:19 PM

Not that I currently need a lot more fabric - but in case nobody would like to fly the kite again, I'm happy to recycle it :singing:

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=12907

Bladerunner - 11-2-2010 at 04:19 PM

The Airush 7.4 was measured as " projected area " back then. The kite is actually 8.9 m by the standard flat measurements they use now.

If this was my old kite it will have a 5th line attachment added to the cetntre of the leading edge. This attachment doesn't make this kite any more tame but it makes recovery + going to safety a whole lot safer.

Does this one have a fifth line attachment point ?

flyguy0101 - 11-2-2010 at 07:05 PM

BR- I do not think this kite has a 5th line attachment point. Safety is hooked to outside line similiar to arcs. All i know is the guy who sold me the kite gave me a 20 minute lesson doing body drags and such (this was my first power kite, but had been flying revs and large deltas since early 90s)i never took the kite out of the bag again. I was going to use this on a small one man cataraft just never did, but did expose me to this addiction.

Bladerunner - 11-3-2010 at 06:41 AM

I took my 1st lessons + had my biggest kitemare ( my own fault , not the kite ) on that same model .
Yes , yours sounds like it is still the original 4 line set up.

flyguy0101 - 11-3-2010 at 06:50 AM

BR- Wouldn't you just love to have this kite for nastalgia purposes- I could even add in the old bar and lines for another $25.00 was going to keep them to make a turbo bar or something but I know a complete set up would be more memorable:bouncy::bouncy::bigok:. I rememebr when doing the body drags and such it certainly did not feel like it had that much depower- it just seemed to be ON no matter where the bar was- would you agree with that?

Bladerunner - 11-3-2010 at 04:46 PM

More regrets than nostalgia. I paid $1,000 used for that kite and sold it for $100 I think? Paid $35 for the 5th line attachment on top.

Yes , ON all the time is a good way of describing it ! Not much depower. LIFT is certianly an appropriate name !

It's true that I have great memories of body dragging all over on this kite. It was getting into the board and staying on top of it I struggled with. But that was ME ! Changing kites didn't fix that much.

Kamikuza - 11-3-2010 at 06:07 PM

I should sell my Lift 16 - I only paid $100 for it but I did pay $200 for the new Naish bar and line set ...!!!

flyguy0101 - 11-4-2010 at 07:29 AM

Well looks like i have my first project kite- maybe i will take jokiters lead and use the fabric to make a single line kite and then load it full of line art / trash. Could make a great base locator---- now just to find a spot where i could go far enough away to need a base locator:lol:.

jokiter - 11-4-2010 at 12:21 PM

I made a 'base camp kite' out of an old tube kite. It looks good and everybody knows where you are. Let me know if you need inspirations. Happy to help! :spin:

Or if you don't have the time and patience and still would like to get rid of the kite I'll happy to take it and pay shipping + a few extra $$. You can keep the backpack and bladders if you like.

But honestly I would love to see that this kite finds a new home where it will be flown in one piece :thumbup:

DihongShao2000 - 11-24-2010 at 12:08 AM

I would like to make an offer if the kite if it is still available. I have an old control bar with line set and need a kite to play with. Will need a pump to fly it. Can you pump the kite up and have it hold air over night?