Power Kite Forum

Aug 28-30 at Grayland, WA

ripsessionkites - 7-20-2010 at 01:14 PM

is everyone going to be there for this?

i will be there from friday to monday

WIND .... NEED WIND

plus Coolbreeze and i are going to try this (thx Lucus for the link)

Bladerunner - 7-20-2010 at 04:42 PM

So who are those 2 ?

Is that OUR Cresent Beach ?

csa_deadon - 7-20-2010 at 11:28 PM

Will be there with the cooler of red bull!

Rip we need to skype dude!:spin:

ripsessionkites - 7-21-2010 at 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bladerunner
So who are those 2 ?

Is that OUR Cresent Beach ?

NS riders

some wicked beach in NS.

YES, for those that miss me, i will be online on skype tonight for one day only. limited engagement, purchase your tickets now.

vwbrian - 7-21-2010 at 09:43 AM

I want to try this.

RRR - 7-21-2010 at 12:27 PM

:bigok:

sunset-Jim - 7-21-2010 at 01:08 PM

This is the event registration police. Please comply if attending said event...:piggy:

mbi0 - 7-21-2010 at 02:02 PM

Nice video, how fast was the wind speed that day can u tell ?? looks like it might be nice to give a try on that hehe

vwbrian - 7-21-2010 at 07:11 PM

Hey Washington NAPKA events is not a good place to attemp this. We are there to demonstrate kite buggies and this may look bad.
We Should do this at SOBB for sure.

arkay - 7-26-2010 at 12:27 PM

So who's going? I plan to make it for a day as usual. The in-laws just moved into my place in Manzanita so now my kids and wife have something other to do :piggy: I do plan to make more of a trip out of the long beach event and link it to the kite festival; which if you havent' been to, you should go!

RRR - 7-26-2010 at 04:58 PM

I well be thare.:wee::wee:

tdmc96 - 7-28-2010 at 09:38 PM

just booked my room:bouncing:
Me and the kid will be there for saturday and sunday

ripsessionkites - 7-29-2010 at 02:36 AM

i spoke sooner than when i posted, but finally Maria helped arrange my work schedule so we can attend.

departure: Friday (August 27)

return: Monday (August 30)

I just need transport of Myself, Kitebuggy Mama, Jr., Mia, Alexys + 1 XXtreme ApeXX + 2x Vapor Series + Helmet
*cant forget the helmet, no helmet, no pictures ---> new rule*

someone send me the cheapest motel / hotel information please. thx in advance.

ripsessionkites - 7-29-2010 at 03:54 AM

i got one more issue, can we all go to Long Beach for one day. some of us need a re-match on Go-Karts again.

Bring your helmets and Go Pros this time. Coolbreeze you're MINE, KB888!!!

http://napkra.org/event_reg_list.php?Event_id=37&Sort=CD

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o7/ripsessionkites/screen...

vwbrian - 7-29-2010 at 09:49 AM

I am planning on Sunday for a day trip. Should be fun.

arkay - 7-29-2010 at 07:26 PM

I'll be there saturday ;) You guys are all comming down for long beach? I guess I'll have to school you in the carts.

Morrie Williams - 7-29-2010 at 08:19 PM

There are go karts in Westport, you don't have to go all the way to Long Beach (2 hr drive).

csa_deadon - 7-30-2010 at 08:36 AM

Oh! Oh! Gokarts in Westport! Hey wait a minute! I don't want the one with the bad acceleration, poor cornering, bad steering again!

ripsessionkites - 7-30-2010 at 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by csa_deadon
Oh! Oh! Gokarts in Westport! Hey wait a minute! I don't want the one with the bad acceleration, poor cornering, bad steering again!

good excuse ... your job is to block Grant or kiss your Teamrider Status good bye. just remember your helmet, go pro and gps

JOKING!!!

Iphone 4 equipped now. whoop whoop!!!

RRR - 7-30-2010 at 01:31 PM

Are we going to see the PINK KITES ?? I hope so??? :wee: :wee:

ripsessionkites - 8-1-2010 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RRR
Are we going to see the PINK KITES ?? I hope so??? :wee: :wee:

yep, lets hope for big winds ... i dont want to be getting all the 16m out again.

RRR - 8-1-2010 at 05:40 PM

Low wind big kites Bub..:bigok: :bigok: :eekdrull:

csa_deadon - 8-14-2010 at 11:53 PM

Only two more weeks. Ahhhhhhh! :wee:

ripsessionkites - 8-15-2010 at 01:23 AM

Quote:
Only two more weeks. Ahhhhhhh! :wee:

hopefully the FS Speed 3 - 12 / 15 / 21 show up in time to kitesurf at the event.

party at the rental house!!!

:wee:

csa_deadon - 8-15-2010 at 08:29 PM

Stocking up the Red Bull! And a few other beverages.

ripsessionkites - 8-16-2010 at 02:05 AM

Quote:
Stocking up the Red Bull! And a few other beverages.

bring ur skirt!!!

csa_deadon - 8-16-2010 at 02:20 AM

You Funny!

NOT! :lol:

Real men don't wear skirts!
We wear Scarfs! :crazy:

csa_deadon - 8-16-2010 at 02:23 AM

And after trying some.
I'm gonna bring some Mountain Dew Throwback.
Yes I can taste the difference! :lol:

E gads batman! Forgot how much sugar they use to put in this stuff!

arkay - 8-16-2010 at 09:59 AM

Maybe it'll be too wind for the v13. That's only happened once and boy getting jacked every second is freaky. :flaming:

I'm pulling for a consistent 15 so that I can fly the phantom :kiss:

RRR - 8-16-2010 at 03:44 PM

What Shirt?????:crazy::crazy: :eekdrull::eekdrull:

vwbrian - 8-17-2010 at 01:03 PM

Are U Canadians staying til Monday?

ripsessionkites - 8-17-2010 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vwbrian
Are U Canadians staying til Monday?

YES, dunno until when on monday.

why hasn't anyone else registered yet? i hope its not going to be a Canadian only event.

arkay - 8-17-2010 at 04:21 PM

I should be registered.. I plan on making it a weekend

ripsessionkites - 8-22-2010 at 07:16 AM

6 days and counting the fun fun fun.

What's the speed limit again?

I vote for a game of buggy tag. Catch me if you can.
Ken 3, watch out this time there is no bushes but a nice long shore line. What are you going to do now? Hahaha

tdmc96 - 8-22-2010 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ripsessionkites
Ken 3, watch out this time there is no bushes but a nice long shore line. What are you going to do now? Hahaha

I seem to remember you saying the same thing to me yesterday when we were riding side by side and I bumped you on the side and almost ran over your axle AGAIN!........Its on brother....BRING IT!!:P.....lol

5 days and counting:thumbup::thumbup:

Just remember to bring a banadanna rip as you will be EATING MY SAND!....lol

Cheers all
K3

arkay - 8-22-2010 at 11:43 AM

When are you uys comming in? Friday or Saturday? I'm trying to plan my weekend out. It's a 2h commute for me, I might just try to say up there for saturday ;) where you guys at?

ripsessionkites - 8-22-2010 at 12:27 PM

we are all arriving FRI at various times. Sean offered to cook up some steaks at our place around 1900pm (depending when he arrives). We are at the Dunecrest Cottage (if you need a picture of the house, www.beachyday.com)

directions to us (maria, sean, tim and the monkeys)
Go into Westport until you reach a stop sign--STOP!
Turn left on Ocean Ave
Turn left on Surf Street (at Fogcutters Café)
Turn right on South Shore Rd, go to ‘T’ and right on Dune Crest Dr
Your cabin is 417 – first house on the left past turn-CEDAR!

bring your A-Game KB22. you'll need to size up to catch me.
http://www.ricardo-kc88.com/Ricardo-KC88/Blog/Entries/2010/8...

Morrie Williams - 8-22-2010 at 03:26 PM

You're just a little up the beach from our place! We're at the very south end of Dune Crest just north of Cohasset Park, about 1/2 mile south of you.

csa_deadon - 8-22-2010 at 09:48 PM

I won't be leaving Newport till 4:30 pm. That should put me there hopefully around 8:30-9:00 pm. So steaks will have to wait till Saturday night.

However, there will be somethings that I am bringing that can be enjoyed on Friday night.

Does this place have a blender? :rolleyes:

ripsessionkites - 8-24-2010 at 08:53 PM

winds looking good for this weekend, however ...

anyone down for a 25mph circuit course (non race), we could even do it tandem to make it more fun or at least bumper buggies.

see you all, for Go Kart Saturday.

Arkay check your email (btw youre sleeping in Sean's Bed)

arkay - 8-24-2010 at 09:33 PM

Quote:

See boys, dreams really can come true :thumbup:

csa_deadon - 8-25-2010 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arkay
Quote:

See boys, dreams really can come true :thumbup:

Why does this frighten me? :puzzled:

ripsessionkites - 8-25-2010 at 11:05 AM

i got the Grey Goose, someone bring the beer.

csa_deadon - 8-25-2010 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
i got the Grey Goose, someone bring the beer.

Beer, check!

ripsessionkites - 8-25-2010 at 01:30 PM

Bill has a sick mind ... looking forward to the party. How good are you at Go Karts?

Grant is bring the BBQ i think, Sean will be supplying the GAS. (j/k)

csa_deadon - 8-25-2010 at 09:58 PM

:eekdrull:

csa_deadon - 8-27-2010 at 12:05 AM

7.25 hours till vacation starts. 16.5 till road trip to Grayland. But who's watching the clock?

vwbrian - 8-27-2010 at 10:27 AM

I am trying to find a place to camp as funds are limited. Anyone know of a good place to camp?

Morrie Williams - 8-27-2010 at 12:38 PM

Here are some options: http://www.westportgrayland-chamber.org/category.php?Categor...

You might also look at http://parks.wa.gov , look for reservations in the southwest region at Grayland Beach or Twin Harbors State Parks.

RRR - 8-27-2010 at 12:56 PM

Morrie Will Daved be thare on Sat, or Sun, I well be thare about noon on Sat, it well good see you and Dave.
:wee: :eekdrull: :wee: :Ange09:

Morrie Williams - 8-27-2010 at 03:05 PM

Just talked to Dave and he indicated he'd probably be there Saturday..

arkay - 8-27-2010 at 04:34 PM

I'll be headed up tomorrow morning in stead of tonight. I thought I'd get off work around noon, but as with the wind, I'm still at work. Probably will get to manzo around 8 and then I have to pack! I'll likely head up in the week morning. What time does our permit start and where should we setup buggy camp? and anyone bringing cones?

Morrie Williams - 8-27-2010 at 05:52 PM

We plan to setup about 1/4 mile north of the Grayland Beach approach. The permit starts Saturday morning, low tide is at 9:14 AM. I'll throw some cones in the truck just incase no one else brings any.

sunset-Jim - 8-27-2010 at 06:23 PM

I'm going to see if anything opens up at Grayland State park and if not, there is this place www.kenannarv.com We could probably even share a tent site. When are you coming?

vwbrian - 8-27-2010 at 07:30 PM

Actually I volunteered to work Sunday so I will have extra money for SOBB. So Grayland is out for me. See you guys at SOBB.

fletcht - 8-27-2010 at 08:15 PM

Grayland state park was full. I'm at twin harbors should be a few open spots here. See everyone out there sat. Morn. Morrie, how are the approaches? You know I don't want to get stuck on one.

Morrie Williams - 8-27-2010 at 08:44 PM

I didn't check them. I'll be out early to scope them out.

ripsessionkites - 8-27-2010 at 09:23 PM

hurry up people ... go carting on the first day of arrival (we have wifi at our place if anyone needs it)

Race One : Ricardo - 1 / Grant - 2 / Tim - 3 / Alexys - 4

Race Two : Grant - 1 / Kelci - 2 / Ricardo - 3 / Maria - 4

we have it all on video ... damn, Kelci can race!!!! :wee:

@ Bill, we are keeping the key is in the lock box outside, use it and put it back, we only got one key so everyone can have access. we picked out your room already. hurry up and drive.

arkay - 8-28-2010 at 08:24 AM

car loaded, munchkins fed...

PistolPete - 8-30-2010 at 09:22 PM

So now with the Demos complete will there be a follow-up to see if WA State Parks will open some beaches or offer demos in 2011 ? :dunno:

bigkid - 8-30-2010 at 10:06 PM

We meet with Parks on the 13th to start the writing aspect of the WAC, should know more by then.

ripsessionkites - 8-30-2010 at 11:42 PM

new movie to follow

arkay - 8-31-2010 at 08:33 AM

indigo_wolf - 8-31-2010 at 08:48 AM

:P Right back at ya, buddy. And yes... it's a known bug. Responded to in your other thread. .

Woogly....

ATB,
Sam

ripsessionkites - 8-31-2010 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigkid
We meet with Parks on the 13th to start the writing aspect of the WAC, should know more by then.

what are you writing? who is deciding the rules?

during the foggy morning rides, Coolbreeze had a front and rear blinking light on his buggy and I didn't (based on a test) ... i noticed that most cars stopped for him and just drove by me.

say NO to 200+ feet lines its just dangerous. cars knew to stop but how can they know where your kite is?

BTW there is a way to wind up your lines on handles without wrapping up your bridles into the mix. you don't need a winder.

thx you all for the great weekend and the pizza party at the house. next stop is SOBB, hoping for more wind. getting bored of flying on the 16m at these events.

bigkid - 8-31-2010 at 03:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by bigkid

what are you writing? who is deciding the rules?

during the foggy morning rides, Coolbreeze had a front and rear blinking light on his buggy and I didn't (based on a test) ... i noticed that most cars stopped for him and just drove by me.

say NO to 200+ feet lines its just dangerous. cars knew to stop but how can they know where your kite is?

BTW there is a way to wind up your lines on handles without wrapping up your bridles into the mix. you don't need a winder.

thx you all for the great weekend and the pizza party at the house. next stop is SOBB, hoping for more wind. getting bored of flying on the 16m at these events.

I'm not writing anything, Parks doing all the writing, we are just there to add to the pot if they let us. The meeting is on the 13th, come and voice your opinion.
They probably didn't see you, isn't coolbreeze a couple of feet taller than you?:wink2:
I have been thinking about using 300' lines.........then I will parapak the lines. :thumbup:

fletcht - 8-31-2010 at 03:46 PM

Actually, the meeting on the 13th is to sit down with Washington State Parks staff and formulate the language for the new Washington Administrative Code. (WAC)
Their staff, and myself, others can join, will hopefully work out new language for a WAC which allows wind powered vehicles on Washington beaches. We will use the information they have gathered from the 9 events, as well as information from the public meetings to create this language.
I'm looking forward to this meeting.
That is just the first step of the final process, after this it goes to the Parks Commission for their initial approval, and then to a public meeting, and back to the commission for final decision. So most anything can happen in this process. I'll keep all informed as time goes on. But it won't be until January at the earliest before a final decision is made.
I want to thank all that participated in the events, and playing well with other beach users. I believe we have demonstrated that wind powered vehicles can coexist with all other users on the beach.

Thank you

buggeyed - 9-4-2010 at 09:33 PM

I had a great time a the three events I made it to.Thanks to everyone who helped all the demos happen :thumbup:.I'm hopefully looking forward to doing it again next year.